Forum

Reviving Capture the Flag?

Created 16th December 2010 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]

Valve has already invented this, it’s called Territorial Control.
Waiting for tc_turbine in that case.

Yes that’s somewhat what i was talking about, only hydro is horrible and replacing the intel with cp’s might be a bit more interesting, it really doesn’t compare to 5cp.

I was just trying to compare ctf to the dynamic of a cp, that didn’t mean you could just take the intel and replace it with a cp and suddenly everything would be fixed.

A better example would be KOTH in fact.

Last edited by Arnold,

So many mixed feelings about this, I have the idea the idea holds enough potential, I believe I can fix ctf well enough to make it competitively viable but then again… What could I rather do without as much risk of wasting my time?

There are too many 5cp maps, I’ll cry the day gravelpit goes out and 5cp is the only remaining game mode.
Koth seems like a good game mode, but Viaduct is awesome and should be the first pick.
TC seems like utter shit and is complicated
:(

Last edited by Cycl4mate,

Randdalf

(0v0)

The whole comp ctf contest was based around “fixing” competitive ctf, and it speaks volumes that none of these maps are played even though they should be.

How should I take that?

ctf is unfixable?
or
Attitude towards ctf is terrible

freshmeatt

‹Con›

No pain, no gain.

On the other hand, unless your map will be like revolutionary and you will advertise it properly, you can’t count on it being accepted in the community.

Quoted from freshmeatt

No pain, no gain.

On the other hand, unless your map will be like revolutionary and you will advertise it properly, you can’t count on it being accepted in the community.

The idea I am getting is that if the map will be revolutionary and properly advertised it will still not be accepted by the community.

Waster

Make a map that has something unique/revolutionary, but also plays well. To know if it plays well you have to make it to the alpha at least. If a map is really good, in the end everyone will play it. Badlands was in fact not accepted by everyone at first. But dont make a map like obscure. Its maybe a nice map. But doesnt provide anything new compared to granlands. I hate it when people design and play new maps just for the sake of playing new maps. The goal should be great maps of granlands quality.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Cycl4mate

[…]

The idea I am getting is that if the map will be revolutionary and properly advertised it will still not be accepted by the community.

Bingo, didn’t want to ruin your hopes.
Moan and moan, vicious circle, get some – whine some more. Can’t really do much about it, just hope it will work. Or try your skills in NA.

Randdalf

(0v0)

A map’s quality is currently defined by its proximity to Badlands. Changing that paradigm would be a welcome change, in my opinion?

Lol guys, Screw the masses I’m making the alpha, thanks for the err “inspiring words”

*** topic officially re-opened ***

MEGAMIDDIE

Good on you. Tried to make my own CTF map but massive cba occured. GL

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

Good on you. Tried to make my own CTF map but massive cba occured. GL

What did you run into then?
(as far as I know massive cba moments have an underlying cause)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6