Moreg

dc.

does it have hidden ducks?

Arnold

DAKKA

Not yet

hz

Some bugs: http://imgur.com/a/pnNwo/bazzilion_bugs

This map has a shit ton of bugs, atleast the B5 has. The mid is too sniper based, so it should have more cover for medics. The last has way too many routes, the drop down was quite fun though. There’s no proper rollout, way too many turns to get to the second cap, the second is way too large, loads of bug spots there too.

hykleri

umadbrah

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from happy little boozer

This map has a shit ton of bugs, atleast the B5 has. The mid is too sniper based, so it should have more cover for medics. The last has way too many routes, the drop down was quite fun though. There’s no proper rollout, way too many turns to get to the second cap, the second is way too large, loads of bug spots there too.

Guess what the b stands for? :p

LikeThis

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Guess what the b stands for? :p

bad, clearly.

Arnold

DAKKA

Hold on i’ll count the exact number of turns to 2nd cp

It’s exactly 2 (1 if you don’t count the one at spawn)
Size of cp2 is smaller than badlands bout the same as granary yard + half cp2 house

Last has exactly 3.5 routes, 3 of them you can pretty much hold while looking in one direction.

Medic has no cover at mid besides the massive well on mid cp or the house on the sides. but apart from those you pretty much have no cover, reminds me of every 5cp map but what do I know.

It’s has it’s share of bugs that much is true but i don’t think you should be mad about a map having a few minor bugs in beta.

Thanks for giving the map a try though. I’d suggest you give it more than one match to vouch your opinion but i guess you pretty much made up your mind by now.

– Way too open/big, really, the map has like the longest rollout ever.
– Spawnroom is huuuuge. There’s no reason for it being that big.
– Mid is too close cornered, with huge sightlines, in contrast to all the other points.
– Blue has a lot of hiding-spots missing that red has, like alot of lamp posts.
– Tons of spots to get stuck on, especially near mid.
– You can build sentries inside most of the spawns.
And that sentry has no collision with the rock wall, effectively wall hacking at mid and shooting everything from inside the spawn.
There’s tons of clipping issues everywhere, throughout 2nd to mid.

Last point with the dropdrown is a interresting approach, but I think the entrances have a bit too much distance betwen them to just be covered by a 6 person team.

Honestly, I don’t really like the overall design of the map at all. Seems more of a map suited for pub play.

Last edited by Lord Benjamin,

MORE FEEDBACK; Just played a match on it. Besides me doing shitty, the map is awful. It is clearly not meant for 6on6, but more for publics. You can turtle the last forever you want, and pushing out is a pain. The lobby area is just awful and unorganized, the dropdown needs a little work on (no hole for dropping to the lower section).
EDIT: oh yees, and the middle cap thing isn’t working, just make a normal cap on it.

Last edited by happy little boozer,

RaCio

GoT²

Honouring your name I see?

ThePledge

Good job on creating another map Arnold, I definetly like the way where it is going. Just a couple of things that I noticed when my team participated in the cup this evening:

– As scout, I notice that wherever I walk, I always seem to have a wall in my back. This makes me very vulnerable to pretty much everyone that is not a scout or medic. Now of course, I could be playing scout the wrong way at this map, but it’s just something I noticed while playing it :)

– The middle point seems to clustered when you walk into it. Demoman spam and any spam in general seems to do a lot of damage and that takes out the effect that teampushes have. Also, considering the fact that capping the point is a very very small area, I’d put some extra thought into maybe making it a bit wider.

– The area from cp2 to cp1 (and the other way around) seems to have too many ways. It would probably feel normal after some time, so I’ll comment on it later, but right now I feel that maybe one or two ways could be removed.

If I think of anything else, I’ll definetly post it here. I love Gullywash myself, and I believe this map has the right stuff to become a very good map. Just needs some tweaking imo :D

– Pledge

vøid

MORE FEEDBACK; Just played a match on it. Besides me doing shitty, the map is awful. It is clearly not meant for 6on6, but more for publics. You can turtle the last forever you want, and pushing out is a pain. The lobby area is just awful and unorganized, the dropdown needs a little work on (no hole for dropping to the lower section).
EDIT: oh yees, and the middle cap thing isn’t working, just make a normal cap on it.

you played a lobby on it . Like you said , its pub. but i agree , snipe are overpowered on this map.

i tested it , i like it. there is a little bug of cliping between cp2 and 3 , double sticky jump above the trucks and you get out of the map. i was attacking the middle from here, its lame ^^ . in fact you can go in a lot of weird spot with jumps .

otherwise , if you stick trap under the bridge of the last point , it can hurt the people walking on it. idk if its a bug or not

also , i know its a b5 , but it really need more details.

Last edited by vøid,

Ehm…. I wasnt in that lobby, it was the rest of my team fooling about. Anyways, I think I can have my opinion on a bad map, even though ETF2L does feel quite restricted sometimes.

Mark

Phase

People complaining about the long roll out – you’re going the long way round.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 19 Next »