Forum

Why don't people like yukon?

Created 10th September 2010 @ 13:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Randdalf

(0v0)

I really don’t understand the “it’s too big” sentiment, it’s actually pretty small compared to other maps.

gronon

STR

For me as a Soldier is yukon a great map. When you fight the mid over 3 minutes its very exciting. You have lot of things to do and a huge amount of ways and tactics. So i love this map and i would prefer to play it at ETF2L. In the USA they play the map and they like it so why dont try it?. Only because the div 1 said so?

dunc

infs
dp.

this one is nothing to do with D1

quite a lot of the D1 players, myself included, rather enjoy yukon

Grammer

Veg

Yukon is cool

Spike Himself

TC

Yukon is best played with gunboats imo.

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

I like yukon. Good map. As spike already mentioned though, it is just 10 times better having gunboats soldier on it.

Sketch

MM

its not much bigger than blands tbh. but blands has a very confined mid point, despite its size. and all the fighting is done within a close range of the point. the layout of mid also uses space wisely and creates several dueling zones and chokepoints where trying to escape a battle can become just as dangerous.

on the other hand yukon is about the same size but its layout is not good. the point where you enter mid (next to the point) gives you no view of the enemy. and the entrance from the back of the point is at long distance. reducing soldier effectiveness.

also the fact that the point is on low ground rather than high means that early capping is more difficult to control because you have no easy hight advantage from what should be a position of power in the map.

the general open nature of the point means its difficult to spam effectively or get close to the enemy on a flank undetected. all of this contributes to the map being quite slow paced brown and boring.

i think maps where opposing teams are always kept within close distance of each other and in confined mini arenas makes for better gameplay. it creates
definite spam zones.
obvious positional advantages
better flanks.

end

Thalash

wG
S-O

The pipe

nuff said

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3