Forum

Highlander Community Challenge FAQ

Created 9th April 2010 @ 18:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

ashkan

Quoted from kurt

[…]

Is this the official official stance or is this just your personal opinion? I am asking because you are being mentioned in the news yet you are no admin.

As far as I know, that’s the official stance. I don’t want to guarantee it though, so seek confirmation from an admin.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Yes, as long as they have been registered on a team that played in division 5 or higher at the time, in season 5, 6 or 7. I don’t think it matters whether they have actually played matches or not, since it’s very hard to check now, and would require an incredible amount of time.

This is correct.

kurt

trick17
trick17

Alright good to know.

blisf

Can I have a general idea of what is the buddy system? I just don’t understand it well.

ashkan

Quoted from blisf

Can I have a general idea of what is the buddy system? I just don’t understand it well.

Each team can have 1 buddy, but they don’t have to. The buddy can only play Pyro, Engineer, Heavy or Spy. The reason for having a Buddy is to have someone experienced on the team, who can teach the team tactics and report results, upload screenshots etc. So a Buddy should be somewhat experienced. You can make anyone you want your Buddy, even if he has played division 1 for example. The only way for someone who has played in division 5 or higher to participate in the tournament, is to be Buddy for a team.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Can all teams signed up to the Highlander Ladder and/or the Highlander Challenge please check the http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faqHighlander FAQ[/url] regularly. We have just updated it with more information about how stopwatch mode works as some teams have been unsure. It also contains information about how to enter scores correctly, because some teams missed that information on the other pages and have been incorrectly entering scores for the attack versus defence maps such as the payload maps.

Califax

dyn.

Is this FAQ correctly written?

How should I enter map results into the website for the Highlander Ladder and the Highlander Challenge?

For 5 point CP maps the scores should be entered exactly how they are on the final scoreboard screenshot. For PL and A/D maps please enter your score as 4-0 or 0-4, depending on which team won. On Gravelpit and Gorge this can also be 4-2 or 2-4 if one team scores 2 rounds and the other team 1.

Because a PL map can easily end in 4-3 if one team holds the last point on badwater for example. Or has the 4-0 0-4 implied here nothing to do with the actual ingame score?

As for gravelpit, your implying the score should be submitted in half-rounds won, not rounds won, as you guys showed in http://etf2l.org/matches/19277the Gravelpit report example[/url] in the FAQ above this one?

It’s a bit confusing and conflicting with general rule 4.3

RaCio

GoT²

The 4-0 has nothing to do with the ingame score. It’s to make sure you get a decent amount of points for a certain map as there is a point scaling factor.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Apologies if the FAQ has made it even more confusing, I’ll re-write it when I can later tonight.

Califax

dyn.

FAQ is much more clearer now, thanx. Will this same point distribution be used in the Challenge, or only in the ladder?

Maybe good to put this point-deviding system in the rules, not only in the FAQ?

And what about KotH btw? Is that also 4-0 for the winner, even though it might have finished 3-2? Or do we need to treat that as a 5CP?

raptor777777

Q: Will etf2l provide the servers?

Benvil

[HA]

2 things.

I’ve heard people talking about medals only being awarded to players who took part in all matches on a team, is this correct?

Secondly, I’ve seen people mention that, if a team didn’t show up to one of their 2 games in the group phase, they will not be getting a medal. My team did show up to both matches, but had to forfeit 1 map due to lacking people… Will we still be getting a medal?

Thanks in advance!

RaCio

GoT²

No, medals are given to all players in a roster, provided they were in the roster when the games were played.

Also, your team should be fine

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4