Forum

Highlander Community Challenge FAQ

Created 9th April 2010 @ 18:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

ashkan

Quoted from L-iNC

So the players who have been only signed up to a div 5 team before don’t get to play but those actively playing competitive games in AFS are allowed to play. :/

Correct.

ashkan

I’ve spoken with the admins. In short, there are not any problems that can be solved by more time investment from the admins, and that the me or the team leaders can help with. I could apply to become a permanent admin, since having me as a highlander admin is considered a waste. I probably won’t apply though, since developing the highlander community is my only passion in this. Anyhow, it’s great to see that a lot of team leaders are committed to the tournament and have expressed their willingness to help out with it :)

PS. A lot of leaders are worried that the tournament might be cancelled. This is not the case. The tournament is still being worked on, and there are absolutely no plans on cancelling it.

A Docile Sloth

[HF1]

Any kind of time scale till it starts? I noticed the Highlander test ladder in the Competitions bit and wondered if we are looking at weeks or months.

Fortesque

Patricipation medal doesnt look as nice as others.Make TF2 logo on it high-bulk.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Can’t remember if this was covered but you can change your roster after you signup but before the tournament starts?

LTG will prolly change our roster a bit before the tourney starts…

ashkan

Quoted from Hildreth

Can’t remember if this was covered but you can change your roster after you signup but before the tournament starts?

LTG will prolly change our roster a bit before the tourney starts…

I’m pretty sure that’s the case, yes.

MjrNuT

[ASH]

Quoted from _Ben

The ETF2L Highlander Community Challenge Frequently Asked Questions

Hello, this thread will explain a lot of useful information about the Highlander Community Challenge

..SNIPPED…

Are non-European teams welcome?

Yes, as long as you are fine with playing on European servers and in European time zones.

Are non-european players welcome?

all non-european players either community or buddy are invited to take part in this event but be warned, games will be played at normal european times.
—————————————————————————————————–

If you have anymore questions or anything you’d like to suggest then please do not hesitate to contact an admin through IRC Quakenet #Etf2l by typing !admin

_Ben

Thanks very much for putting on this type of event. I think its a great community booster and will help blur the lines between the two camps of TF2, competitive and casual.

I have quoted the Original Post to a portion regarding players and servers. First, I understand that premise of this Organization hosting the event to point out the location of the servers to be European as well as Match Times. That is quite Fair. Having said that, I secondly bring to your attention a potential clarification needed in the Rules.

This is from the http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rulesGeneral Rules[/url]:

See sections 5.2 and 2.1

5 Server

5.1 Be sensible regarding servers

5.2 European server recommended

5.3 Server needs password protection

5.4 Server needs ETF2L League Config

5.5 Unusual server settings may classed as cheating

2.1 All players are welcome

Any player of any country is welcome to play in the ETF2L. But remember all matches have to be played on European located servers which may cause a ping disadvantage for such a player.

I must be missing the specific Highlander rules associated with this aspect, but I bring this to the attention that the issue could be taken on in discussion given the expected high amount of teams signing up. Meaning plenty of teams from across the pond.

Would it be possible to clarify the Rules and/or offer the ability for Teams on either side of the Ocean to agree on 1 map/server?

Thanks for your consideration and clarification.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Yes as long as both teams agree, you can play on any server or any combination of servers. So for example, two US teams can agree to play on a US server, or a US and French team can agree to play one map on each team’s server. However, in the event that teams don’t agree, then a match against a european team will be played on a european server.

kurt

trick17
trick17

I have a question regarding this rule.

Who can take part?

This tournament is eligible players who are new to competitive play. Anyone who has a history of division 5 or higher (or equivalent skill levels in other leagues) will not be allowed to play.

What exactly is a history of division 5? Some of my mates from the highlander team have been in our 6vs6 team ,,ze Dummkopfs” from the beginning back in season 5 but have never played a single match for us and have left the team some time ago. Does this count as a history of division 5?

ashkan

Quoted from kurt

I have a question regarding this rule.

[…]

What exactly is a history of division 5? Some of my mates from the highlander team have been in our 6vs6 team ,,ze Dummkopfs” from the beginning back in season 5 but have never played a single match for us and have left the team some time ago. Does this count as a history of division 5?

Yes, as long as they have been registered on a team that played in division 5 or higher at the time, in season 5, 6 or 7. I don’t think it matters whether they have actually played matches or not, since it’s very hard to check now, and would require an incredible amount of time.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

See they increased the signups to 320 (extra round?) now got around 360 teams signed up.

though a lot of them haven’t registered 9 people yet…I am sure there will be no waiting list, for teams that may drop (face it teams will drop, or play matches weeks late…etc).

Also if there is enough US teams, I am eager to know if you’ll do a seperate bracket. Guess these are questions for the admins and questions you probably will answer ‘wait and see’. Can’t be easy accomodating for a tournament with possibly 3000+ players participating. (admin volunteer :D)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quick question – Does each team HAVE to have a buddy? Thanks.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

No you don’t have to have a buddy. It is entirely up to you whether you have one on your team or not.

ashkan

Quoted from Hildreth

See they increased the signups to 320 (extra round?) now got around 360 teams signed up.

though a lot of them haven’t registered 9 people yet…I am sure there will be no waiting list, for teams that may drop (face it teams will drop, or play matches weeks late…etc).

Also if there is enough US teams, I am eager to know if you’ll do a seperate bracket. Guess these are questions for the admins and questions you probably will answer ‘wait and see’. Can’t be easy accomodating for a tournament with possibly 3000+ players participating. (admin volunteer :D)

wait and see

kurt

trick17
trick17

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Yes, as long as they have been registered on a team that played in division 5 or higher at the time, in season 5, 6 or 7. I don’t think it matters whether they have actually played matches or not, since it’s very hard to check now, and would require an incredible amount of time.

Is this the official official stance or is this just your personal opinion? I am asking because you are being mentioned in the news yet you are no admin.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »