Forum

feedback; the new mapsystem for the league

Created 5th April 2010 @ 11:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

AngryWoebot

CotC

Fixed maps is good. turbine, well and especially gorge are bad. I’m liking the look of some of the custom maps that are going down well in the yank leagues tho.

Ijantis

+ 1 to removing gorge there really wasnt any reason to add that to the map pool

Mark

Phase

The people whining about gorge haven’t even played their officials in it yet. good job!!

Abunai

George owns

phy-

Remove turbine, gorge

Add follower, yukon, etc..

flushy

P.O.P

gorge is awesome

Loving fixed maps :) much nice to play & practice, something other than granlands all the time :)

crzfst

Quoted from Mark

The people whining about gorge haven’t even played their officials in it yet. good job!!

Didn’t knew that official game can change my mind about the map. Even if i beat someone on that map in official game i will still hate it because it’s simply boring just like gravelpit/turdbine/well.
Will be loving the mapsystem on Season 8 if there will be no gorge in it.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

the fixed maps system was an awesome and necessary move by the etf2l.

it guarantees more variety (never ever granlands, k thx), and as a plus more excitement and unbelievable matches.

-> never ever has a season been that close and fun. think about it.

and btw.. with upcoming mad mondays etf2l makes sure to find new enjoyable maps to adjust the current map pool. i think maps like gorge and turbine are truely two maps being considered to exchange.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Mark

What this man said.

It’s far better to play something in the league and then make a comment on it when the season is over and you’ve had a chance to reflect on your performances.

I disliked Gorge when I first tried it, but I think it provides a scenario where teams really need to out-think their opposition. There are plenty of ways you can win the map without turtling it.

The map will be up for review at the end of the season, no doubt :)

dauk

turbine should be in map pool as becouse it’s only ctf map.

Quoted from dauk

turbine should be in map pool as becouse it’s only ctf map.

+1

That’s also the reason so many nabs hate it. l2p

Last edited by Sturmis,

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from dauk

turbine should not be in map pool as becouse its a ctf map.

I like fixing stuff.

pena

The fixed map system is ok but it has many faults. New teams get shafted as they have to learn 9 maps instead of just granlands and a bit of freight/gravel. Also the skilldifference between teams is obscured since a team can rock 5 of the maps and fail on the other 4 and this can cause unexpected losses on league games and lead to being demoted/not promoted.

Also. Get better maps next season. Cba to play @ etf2l when 1/3 of the maps suck balls.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from pena

Also the skilldifference between teams is obscured since a team can rock 5 of the maps and fail on the other 4 and this can cause unexpected losses on league games and lead to being demoted/not promoted.

If a team only rocks at 5 maps, I would suggest that they do not deserve promotion in the first place :x

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »