Forum

Mid season "hijack rule" changes

Created 29th March 2010 @ 09:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Gheedz

Because they have their part of responsability, they didn’t stick to an existing rule. Ok, the rule wasn’t there for punishing teams who want to continue playing, but it exists.
Because the admin team didn’t do what they have to do while it was happening (the only one admin whe we’ve found is an admin who didn’t want to take care of this and just gave the problem away with a “play, we’ll see after”, instead of studying the case just 2minutes and give us a clear answer.
Yeah, we just didn’t play it seriously, but I think, seeing all their insults ingame, on the match page, and huge flamming, that the 1point penality is really a little punishment.

Quoted from Gheedz

We were pretty sure to have a default win due to the clear breaking rules

Which rules did they clearly break? 2 People from the original lineup, 2 people who they recruited for px2 and 2 people from px1. No rulesbreaking there since none of the players were unverified and only 2 people from px1 were laying.

Gheedz

Hijack rule has changed just after the match (due to this match).

It was saying that a team can’t play if they’re not at least 50% of player who started the season in this team. Kop confirmed that for this match, they broke this rule because they had 4 “new” players (2px1 and 2 just joined the team).

octochris

(0v0)

If that is true (I don’t know if it is), surely this new rule should not be retroactive?

Quoted from Gheedz

Hijack rule has changed just after the match (due to this match).

It was saying that a team can’t play if they’re not at least 50% of player who started the season in this team. Kop confirmed that for this match, they broke this rule because they had 4 “new” players (2px1 and 2 just joined the team).

Not all rules should be followed to the letter (I know I’m gonna get shit for this statement). px2 had 5 people on the roster. They recruited 2 new people, and 3 of the original people could not play so they used those 2 people. This is the rule:

“Teams can be qualified as ‘new’ if less then 50% of the lineup at the start of the season or cup are still active and participating.”

Their entire lineup was still active and participating, just 3 of them unable to play that one match. Same thing if they’d been using 2 mercs, basically.

Also, you have nobody to blame for the loss but yourselves. You had to play anyway, and it was YOU GUYS who decided to not take it seriously and fuck around, thereby losing. It wasn’t the admins saying “don’t play seriously”, it wasn’t px2 saying it, it was you guys. Should’ve played to your best and you might’ve gotten some points out of this.

Quoted from octochris

If that is true (I don’t know if it is), surely this new rule should not be retroactive?

The situation that creates a precedent is the situation the rule applies to, even if the rule is only changed after the incident.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

huhystah

Close this shit

kuma

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

FlagZero nailed it. If he’s going to complain about PX2 getting a few PX1 members, =[IDK]=’s main lineup consists of 5 ex-Div3 and an ex-Div2 player. :p

so you’re saying teams can’t recruit good players in an effort to get better? really we might as well all stay in div 6 then.

and yeah, close this thread it’s pointless. it’s ok to change a rule if it’s for the better rather than trying to stick to it in silly cases.

Last edited by kuma,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Warmaster

[…]

I disagree.

They were regularly searching for mid games in tf.wars before the start of the season.

Anyone, where the fuck do IDK come into this? They’ve been played a shitty hand 2 seasons in a row, they are a great bunch of guys and just added their 2 cents of common sense.

Last edited by Skyride,

Gheedz

“Their entire lineup was still active and participating, just 3 of them unable to play that one match. Same thing if they’d been using 2 mercs, basically.”

If you’re saying that they were respecting the rule, it’s an huge problem, because an ADMIN told us that they were not. So, 2 solutions : You don’t understand the rule, or the admin didn’t. The second case is the worst.

Sure we should have play it seriously, but look, when you’re being insulted by opponents while you’re simply exposing the rule, you can’t play correctly.
Try to imagine, you tell to opponent that they’re not respecting the rule, calmly. Their first answer is an insult, instead of asking for some fairplay to opponent and explaining the situation, who everyone with some common sense can understand. You really want to make an effort for them ?

Last edited by Gheedz,

Waster

I am not very up to the rules. But if they changed the rules, why isnt there a note in the changelog part of the rulespage? The match is played a few days ago. If they changed the rules i would expect a little note in that log.

Quoted from kuma

[…]

so you’re saying teams can’t recruit good players in an effort to get better? really we might as well all stay in div 6 then.

and yeah, close this thread it’s pointless. it’s ok to change a rule if it’s for the better rather than trying to stick to it in silly cases.

Exactly the opposite, Gobi/EFALL are the people complaining about px2 doing that. I’m saying it’s fine. I pulled you guys in as an example since you’ve done the exact same thing and nobody says anything about it.

Quoted from Gheedz

“Their entire lineup was still active and participating, just 3 of them unable to play that one match. Same thing if they’d been using 2 mercs, basically.”

If you’re saying that they were respecting the rule, it’s an huge problem, because an ADMIN told us that they were not. So, 2 solutions : You don’t understand the rule, or the admin didn’t. The second case is the worst.

Sure we should have play it seriously, but look, when you’re being insulted by opponents while you’re simply exposing the rule, you can’t play correctly.
Try to imagine, you tell to opponent that they’re not respecting the rule, calmly. Their first answer is an insult, instead of asking for some fairplay to opponent and explaining the situation, who everyone with some common sense can understand. You really want to make an effort for them ?

If there’s still enough people from the original team on the roster they are abiding by the rule, is what D2M told me when I picked =[IDK]= as an example of a similar situation. Of the team that won Div6 in S6, 5 of them have been moved to backup and replaced by better players since the start of february. However, according to D2M they’re abiding by the rules since 5 people from the original lineup are still on the roster. If they follow the rules, px2 is following the rules. :)

And yes, I would have played. Be the bigger man and all that.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Gheedz

So the admin who told me that they were not respecting this rule was wrong. Nice admin team.

And to be clear, it’s not the first time that recruiting good players by lower div teams is done, and it will not be the last. We’re not complaining about that at all, but at decision change and a rule change just after the match because px2 wasn’t respecting this rule (according to an admin).
Where is the admin team who don’t change mind about bans because they don’t want to lose their credibility ? They’re not here, for sure :)

Last edited by Gheedz,

Gheedz

Quoted from d2m

As per the comments from Kop and myself on the match page, you can contact either of us on IRC to have a mature discussion.

I’m trying to have a mature discussion (please, no walldiscussion !), but Kop told that he doesn’t want to take part in this anymore, and you’re always afk…

Norris

jeeez get over it.

what happened is that an admin told you to play. he might wasn’t be in the case enough to give you default or argue against it. this happens at times. even admins are humans. they can’t always jump to your favor and they even do mistakes at times. what does it have to do with us? I may repeat here that the admin told your to PLAY not to fuck around.

now what did you guys do? now who is to blame?

huhystah

Cmon, just close this….

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »