Forum

Mid season "hijack rule" changes

Created 29th March 2010 @ 09:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »

Gobi

WSB?

“It is not allowed to let another team or a new lineup take over the place of a team that is registered in etf2l seasons or cups. Teams can be qualified as ‘new’ if less then 25% of the lineup at the start of the season or cup are still active and participating. The ETF2L admin team will look at teams breaking this rule and holds the right to remove them from the league. Any decisions made will be at the full discretion of the admin team and all circumstances will be taken into account. If your team is facing extreme lineup changes please contact an admin.”

Old rule was less then 50% of the lineup… which had sense, not like the new one. But rule has been changed to help the px who left the d2 to win their d4. As you can see they fold and 5 players from px1 come to px2 to help them ? Or to win easily against lower team ?

It’s nice to see admins changing the rules to give advantage to their friends. It’s an example of righteousness and fairplay.

And now the last part after whining (cause I know you’ll think it’s that, even if my post was purely informational) I’ll make a CALL FOR THE LOWER TEAMS :

1. Kick some of you’re player but just enough to be 25% from te original lineup. So if you were 6 at the beginning you need to be… hmm… 1.5 player.

2. Ask some players from higher team who folded to join you’re team. And try not to take 4 player from the same team, but a mix of skilled player from different team.

3. Profit. And if people make complaint, just ask an admin to change the rule. And then ENJOY !!!

Wp etf2l :)

Last edited by Gobi,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

The rule update you have quoted was not the correct one. I have just verified the correct one and ensured it has been published live on the Rules page, the incorrect edit was my fault for not saving the right one at 2am this morning. Please see the correct text below:

1.7.4 Switching line-ups or hijacking teams is not allowed

It is not allowed to let another team or a new lineup take over the place of a team that is registered in etf2l seasons or cups. Teams can be qualified as ‘new’ if none or very few of the lineup at the start of the season or cup are still active and participating. The ETF2L admin team will look at teams breaking this rule and holds the right to remove them from the league. Any decisions made will be at the full discretion of the admin team and all circumstances will be taken into account. If your team is facing extreme lineup changes please contact an admin.

It is disappointing that a rule we introduced for something completely different was trying to be used in a manner not befitting teams encouraging fair play. The admin team agreed with Paroxysm II that they would not use any more than 2 of their first team in any remaining matches this season. This is something that they have abided by, and ensured that no more than two players from the old Paroxysm team were used. We did not tell them that they were not allowed to recruit any new players, who would cover for the 3 players that they are currently missing. Common sense is required in decisions such as these. From reading the information supplied by both teams, it’s painfully obvious that Paroxysm II were not trying to cheat the system. They were trying to get the match played and in the opinion of the admins, no team hijack took place. Should they play a match with 3 or more players from the old Paroxysm div2 team, then they’d be breaking their agreement with us and subsequently heavily punished.

If you have a problem with a game you should never ‘just play it anyway’, unless you are told to by a head admin. When you get a problem which you think goes hugely against the rules of the league you play in, you should speak to the highest ranking admin you can and make an issue about it at the time.

I imagine if EFALL had won this game, nothing would be said right now?

And for the record, neither Kop nor myself are ‘buddies/friends’ with anyone in Paroxysm any more than you or another player are. Grow up.

As per the comments from Kop and myself on the match page, you can contact either of us on IRC to have a mature discussion.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

History of the Hijack Rule
A season ago, it became apparent to the admins that many clans were being swapped in order to get into the league, or get into particular divisions. We found that instead of folding and being replaced in the normal way, one clan would have all the players from another clan join it and then be renamed, before the original players all left. Sometimes this would be because a clan was put on the waiting list and didn’t want to wait, other times it would be that a clan had joined a lower division presumably to guarantee a place in the league, before taking over a space of the first higher division team they could find that was going to drop.

Why was this a bad thing?
We have a waiting list because we want to replace clans that drop from the league early on. Does it matter which clan gets put into the league to replace another? In a way, no. However, we do like to reward clans that have put the effort in, either by playing in the ladder or submitting results or generally making themselves the best candidate for a place through consistency and attitude.

We also like to think that we’re doing a reasonably good job of placing clans in the divisions we think they are suitable for.

What the Hijack Rule is intended to stop
The hijack rule is intended to stop teams from completely replacing another team, in order to get into the league or get into a particular division without the admins having placed them there.

What the Hijack Rule is not intended to stop
The Hijack Rule is not there to stop clans from replacing players. If they suffer extreme lineup issues, we ask that they come and speak to us, or if they don’t, we will look at their situation when we notice or when it is brought to our attention that a team has had a lot of roster changes.

The Paroxysm Situation
When px1 folded and many of their players joined px2, we informed Demourge that he would not be allowed to play more than two px1 players per match. He agreed to this. He has not (so far) broken this agreement. Px2 have however recruited additional players from other clans.

Pandylo

Cry some moarrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi Gobi

“we have agreed with the admins that only a max of 2 ex px1 players will play in the px2 games.” ( http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-9349/page-1/?recent=159829#post-159536 )

We are really sorry that we had some people leaving our Team, leaving us with less than 6 players, we are sorry that 2 of our players are moving houses and therefore cant play at the moment, also myself who can . Also i’d like to excuse we recruited a demo and a backup due to the nonexistence of a demo, and the mentioned lack of activity.
Really sorry. I hope you can forgive us.

Also, without having seen what happened in the game, only what I can read here, i am sorry for the rage, it is indeed inappropriate, but still, as you can see, we got punished for it.

Have a nice day Frenchies, and gl in upcoming games.

Last edited by hokka,

huhystah

<3 hokka

Snyyppis

RLM

I like the drama.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Other leagues i’ve played in for other games have had the rule if you’ve played in a league above that season you cant play for a lower team until the end of the season. But lower players can go higher.

Dosnt affect me at all so im personally not bothered :).

Hellfish

Quoted from hokka

Hi Gobi

“we have agreed with the admins that only a max of 2 ex px1 players will play in the px2 games.” ( http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-9349/page-1/?recent=159829#post-159536 )

We are really sorry that we had some people leaving our Team, leaving us with less than 6 players, we are sorry that 2 of our players are moving houses and therefore cant play at the moment, also myself who can . Also i’d like to excuse we recruited a demo and a backup due to the nonexistence of a demo, and the mentioned lack of activity.
Really sorry. I hope you can forgive us.

Also, without having seen what happened in the game, only what I can read here, i am sorry for the rage, it is indeed inappropriate, but still, as you can see, we got punished for it.

Have a nice day Frenchies, and gl in upcoming games.

do you know the word : wildcard ?
i think it isnt fair to let the px players carry px2 to div3 cause alone they wont do it this season. even if “only” 2 players from the old px are allowed to play in a match its too much, i mean 2 div2 players in a mid div4 team = top div4 easily. but as we all know friendship > rules
so carry on my wayward son

Edd

T2P

they lost one game and theyre blaming the admins

GG

WildCard

Regardless of any of the above, why would a rule update come into effect mid season when the aformentioned rule had already been used and put into effect onto other teams at the start and during the season. Changing the rule once a season has alreay started seem’s wrong and very biased when other teams have already suffered by being punished with the original version of the rule.

As an admin had said to me before regarding different situations which have ended up in a rule change, “there is nothing we can do now but at the end of the season we will be changing the rules so that this doesnt happen again” not mid season so that it seems you are benefiting other teams.

The quote above was regarding when in a playoff a game a team recrutied 2 new players who had not played in there lineup all season. And next season the rules were updated to stop this from happening.

Not half way through a season, and not when some teams have already suffered due to the rule.

Last edited by WildCard,

Gobi

WSB?

To Snowie:
Thanks for unlocking the thread.
I think that some rule changes must be done.
That’s why this thread could be usefull and some people posting here are highlighting some good points.

To d2m: at least u talk to me on irc. But as I thought, you didn’t change your mind, talking to a wall would have been more usefull.

to nova: Because u don’t seem to understand this thread, I’ll talk to you with words u can undestand: I like flaming people so I’ll just enjoy my brand new forum ban.

Last edited by RaCio,

dauk

Quoted from Gobi

To Snowie:
Thanks for unlocking the thread.
I think that some rule changes must be done.
That’s why this thread could be usefull and some people posting here are highlightning some good points.

To d2m: at least u talk to me on irc. But as I thought, you didn’t change your mind, talking to a wall would have been more usefull.

to nova: Because u don’t seem to understand this thread, I’ll talk to you with words u can undestand: go suck your dog.

you left your team cuz your qq about a loss?

Gobi

WSB?

I left because I now live with my gf, and have a job.
But mostly because my gf don’t want me to play fps.

Last edited by Gobi,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

WildCard the rule itself hasn’t changed, it’s just the wording is perhaps more clear. We always reserved the right to judge each case on its individual merits. There have already been other potential hijacks that we’ve looked into and decided against this season.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »