Forum

Macky TLR CSS looking for TF2 team

Created 17th February 2010 @ 05:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Macky

So basically I couldn’t find where to put myself forward for recruitment on this site.

I’m 19, I’ve played pretty much top end CSS for a long time and I’ve always played TF2 public for a year. I’ve just over the last 2 days started to play tf2 pickups and started to understand the basics of what puts together a match, i.e the amount of classes you need.

Now I’ve been pretty much the top end of the UK CSS scene for a while and around the top end of the EU scene for a while, and thinking about making the switch to TF2.

I’ll put it like this, I think I can be a good scout, as long as I get taught well, how tf2 matches work well, and within all the teamwork. If someone, or some good team is prepared to put that time in I’m pretty sure I can be effective to your team as a scout, or within enough time a good solly. I know what the basics within a clan match are but will obviously need a lot of input.

Now I know this seems like a bit of a weird request, and sounds really egotistical, but I’m only prepared to move to this game if a pretty decent team would be prepared to teach me. I currently play for TLR CSS team, and have achieved half decent results at UK and EU lans. I kind of understand the division system you have in ETF2L and would want a quite high up team to start with as I’m pretty sure I can learn quick and have a few people in the TF2 community to vouch for me.

This all sounds a bit optimistic, but I’m prepared to make the move over if the offer is there, if you want to chat and think your offer is good;

Steam; lockieuk

or just respond in here and I will get back to you

Thanks

Macky

Last edited by Macky,

Gobby

Welcome to the Community Macky :D

Jh

Hey dats!

youre like the first guy from high end css to ask for a high level team to start off with.

mmmmm did you play with fade in eck? i remember it was a really short stint cos fade was too busy getting his weed on kek burrrr

Waster

Quoted from Macky

Now I know this seems like a bit of a weird request, and sounds really egotistical, but I’m only prepared to move to this game if a pretty decent team would be prepared to teach me.

Good luck then. You will need it. And you can find the recruitment section in the main menu.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

I’ll try to contact you when i get back friday, already have some experience “teaching” css’ers, with HenryG, fisshu’s housemate.

rtan

-9w-

gl mate, scout is probably the easiest for css players to get the hang of.

compton

cvx|

You could’ve just made a recruitment post like everyone else, and then contact clan leaders personally if you’re so confident. This reminds me of all those “goodbye scene” threads…

But anyway, welcome and good luck in the search :]

Last edited by compton,

nightmare

L00

Goodluck man

Slick

Epsilon

played with macky, hes got great aim which was what to be expected. His movements and tactical gameplay still need to be learnt through experience. A good investement :)

hey macky :)

reCon

try to find a mentor who can explain you the gameplay of tf2 and also search for a div2 team.. i think that´ll be the right way for u!

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from reCon

try to find a mentor who can explain you the gameplay of tf2 and also search for a div2 team.. i think that´ll be the right way for u!

div2 is probably a bit high even if he did come from high level CSS, because it’s not like it is a straight switch. Would suggest starting at div3, but I suppose that depends on who takes you on.

Ino

dp.
dp.

With the latest talk of some guys on Resupply about “bringing TF2 to a competitive level close to CS(:S)” one would guess they’re up for this.

Because high profile CSS players making the move to TF2 could actually stir something up. Won’t probably work straight away mid-season, but who knows?

Last edited by Ino,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Ino

With the latest talk of some guys on Resupply about “bringing TF2 to a competitive level close to CS(:S)” one would guess they’re up for this.

Because high profile CSS players making the move to TF2 could actually stir something up. Won’t probably work straight away mid-season, but who knows?

mmm, css and tf2 are entirely different, whether it be in terms of movement, teamwork or general tactics. I can see some high level CSS players being high skilled at tf2, but they are really two entirely separate games that can’t be played in the same way. I guess it depends on whether they can even carry that skill over, which I doubt.

As for TF2 going to CSS, we all know that is never going to happen, probably because of ridiculous cries that “TF2 IS LOL CARTOON LOL” by CSS high rankers.

FADe

Quoted from Jh

youre like the first guy from high end css to ask for a high level team to start off with.

mmmmm did you play with fade in eck? i remember it was a really short stint cos fade was too busy getting his weed on kek burrrr

hahahaha, seems like everyone from eCK plays TF2 now you, Tuna, Salmon, Me and now maybe Macky.

You wont make the switch Louis just like I didn’t the first 2/3 times I tried to move to TF2. But if you’re serious I don’t even know why you’ve made this, you know I’d play with you in an instant. You know me and Hat both migrated from highlevel 1.6/css and learn’t this game as we went along, come to us any day pal. Played nearly my entire CSS career with you and known you for about 4 years.. thats how i know you won’t make the switch :D If you do get a decent offer and stick it out though once you see past the first month and get to grips with the the different aim mechanics I promise you’ll see how truly awesome this game is. But yeah, to anyone who’s reading this and thinking of taking him on, Macky is one of those annoying gamers who can be amazing at any game he picks up and would well be worth the investment.

hit me up on steamioio when you wake up and read this haha

Much love x

Last edited by FADe,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I’ve never played css and have no interest in playing it. ‘Generic FPS with guns…..whatever!’ in my mind.

TF2 with it’s nine classes and 6 different weapons per class makes it king.

OMG-cartoon-ROFL etc = ha ha, get a clue!

Each to their own and all but isn’t ETF2L the biggest gaming league in Europe? For any game…….EVA?

YAY for TF2.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »