Forum

koth_viaduct for Season 7?

Created 11th January 2010 @ 12:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I don’t think Obscure is good enough to justify more than 1 week on it, and Well is just as stalematey, so I’d like to cut 1 Obscure, 1 Well, and replace them both respectively with Viaduct and Yukon.

Diversity! :D

They don’t want maps only being played for one week, which is why I suggest an outright replacement.

Randdalf

(0v0)

They don’t want maps only being played for one week, which is why I suggest an outright replacement.

Hrmm, I don’t see why it’s an issue much, but I can understand teams need practice.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Hrmm, I don’t see why it’s an issue much, but I can understand teams need practice.

I dont want to have 4 maps with only one time to play,
why even train them?

Defur

I don’t think Obscure is good enough to justify more than 1 week on it, and Well is just as stalematey, so I’d like to cut 1 Obscure, 1 Well, and replace them both respectively with Viaduct and Yukon.

Well i wonder if Byte’s force-feeding the community with his map is gonna help

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

In fairness to Byte obscure is a pretty good map it just needs to be accepted by the community. It’s definitely more worthy of a spot than Fastlane, and Well IMO

Defur

In fairness to Byte obscure is a pretty good map it just needs to be accepted by the community. It’s definitely more worthy of a spot than Fastlane, and Well IMO

well giving other mappers the oppertunity would look less selfish, but maybe someone likes to be that #1 savior,

just my oppinion after listening to some of the american mappers

Morty

RG

Personally I’d like to see Viaduct replace Well.

fuck no, well its an awesome map. -.-‘

EDIT: We have loads of custom maps avail to play 6on6 with no probs. just look at the map contest. Almost all of the finalists made a map that is able to run smoothly on a 6on6 gameplay. MORE DIVERSITY FFS!

Last edited by Morty,

LUPUS

viaduct > well, well is shit!

ouch

Well I think this thread has shown there’s enough interest for admins to at least take a look at replacing one of the less popular maps with viaduct ;)

There won’t be another new map inserted alongside that. I think the spot where Gorge is should have a community vote with 3-4 maps, so we can play whatever the majority want to play.

I rather would like to keep Gorge for the upcoming season instead of stalemating again on fastlane. As much as I love playing 5-CP-Maps I like to play A/D and CTF for a change.

Just keep the Maplist like it is for Season 7 and call a vote afterwards. People are slowminded when it comes to new maps and unlocks and it would be a shame if Gorge could play well but no one wants to play that map because they never did.

Last edited by ouch,

Randdalf

(0v0)

Imo, every official (i.e. included with the game) competitively viable map should be given priority over custom maps – this includes Yukon, and I think it’s a map that deserves a spot in the map pool. Not least because it was created as a result of ETF2L’s own competition, and I find it kind of ironic that the best thing to come out (no offence to Gullywash, but Yukon is better made) of that contest hasn’t been added to the map pool.

Last edited by Randdalf,

minimoose

koth needs to be burnt

Waster

Imo, every official (i.e. included with the game) competitively viable map should be given priority over custom maps – this includes Yukon, and I think it’s a map that deserves a spot in the map pool. Not least because it was created as a result of ETF2L’s own competition, and I find it kind of ironic that the best thing to come out (no offence to Gullywash, but Yukon is better made) of that contest hasn’t been added to the map pool.

Valve started with three good maps, granary, gravelpit and badlands. After that, only crappy community maps are added. I dont care if its official or not. My god, fastlane is also an official map. Hoodoo and goldrush are official maps too. Use your brains and decide for yourself if those maps are good. Only good thing i can say of yukon is the style and the looks of the map.

Last edited by Waster,

Randdalf

(0v0)

Valve started with three good maps, granary, gravelpit and badlands. After that, only crappy community maps are added. I dont care if its official or not. My god, fastlane is also an official map. Hoodoo and goldrush are official maps too. Use your brains and decide for yourself if those maps are good. Only good thing i can say of yukon is the style and the looks of the map.

I said competitively viable.

Fastlane/Well have been played to death and as it turns out, they’re not that good. Nobody has actually intensively played Hoodoo, Gold Rush, Yukon, etc. to death, because people seem to judge a map on first impression nowadays rather than trying it out a few times. (i.e. Oh it’s a pl map, it must not be very good, and as I see it, Badwater was actually quite a fun map in its day).

The games I’ve played on Yukon have been exciting and fast-paced, exactly how you’d want a competitive map to be.

Last edited by Randdalf,

Waster

If maps already dont work on publics, why bothering to test them in competitive, because there are much more requirements for a good competitive map.

A-fucking-men. Fuck stalelane. That is not to say Obscure isn’t good, but Fastlane is total shit.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »