Forum

How did your season go?

Created 7th December 2009 @ 00:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »

marouh

WTF I missed a whole season? how could that happen? my god why didnt someone wake me up ..well hopefully ill finish the next season with le clan ^^

DoGs had an interesting season, with 2 of our members going inactive, and then our medic ragequitting after (possibly before, or during) the first match, leaving us with 5 people on the roster until _Ben and Lzrd saved us from certain death by failing to get into better teams realising how amazing we are and joining us.

I think things went well in the middle, considering we won a bunch of games.

Towards the end our new medic’s pc blew up so I had to come out of horrendous inactivity to play some matches. Not fun when you haven’t played in weeks. :/ Our last two games were a bit hairy (versus ecliptic we had a merc medic, me scouting ;____; and one of our soldiers on a dodgy laptop, versus Altair we were all seized with the maniacal need to push at the worst possible times) but we came second in the division overall so yay.

With any luck next season we’ll have a more stable lineup and we can actually play more than 1 game a week together. And maybe Blitz will realise he loves TF2 more than his girlfriend and come back to us…

Last edited by purplefistmixer,

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Well, won the most important match ever, resistansen – jägarna, so atleast I’m happy ^^

Zappah

nou

it was shit for us, but at least we won the div :P

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Well, won the most important match ever, resistansen – jägarna, so atleast I’m happy ^^

best statement here imo

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

Want to know how eMpathy did?
Here are three pictures to summarise.

-> http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4582/empathy1.png

and then either http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9097/empgoodlands.png or http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1311/empturdbine.png

you were knocked off cp1 by a giant penis on badlands?

Haunter

The season was great, we started with a discussion of 4h to pick a server, and etf2l couldnt be arsed to pick a default server, so we ended up playing 1 map in finnish server, and 1 map in portuguese server.

After that everything went normal, winning the games we should, start winning vs dignitas ended up losing, playing gravelpit 50 times, etc etc..

Near the end, one of us was caught cheating, results were removed, and we ended up in 5th, which we were aiming at. We could be 3rd if we didnt get defaulted vs LOL, but well, boomeh was cheating, sadly with coinz we wouldnt win.

Overall, perhaps not the best season, but atleast the most surprising season for us :D

Last edited by Haunter,

dunc

infs
dp.

I have literally no idea why you make sarcastic comments about the default vs LOL, Haunter. It’s got fuck all to do with whether or not you’d have beaten LOL team with a different lineup, it’s to do with fairness. You can’t allow cheats to play, then ban them, then not give defaults in the games they played.

Haunter

im not beeing sarcastic!

and im not going to start a fight about whats fair and whats not, i was just pointing out how our season was in a funnier way, sorry if i hurted your feelings somehow

Last edited by Haunter,

Dybdal

clone

Had a fair season but as with allmost everything within competition there’s allways room to improve.

We had a shaky first game, where nerves and rust had to be settled but we still managed to win.

We had some bumps along the road, one in perticular against Logix where nerves allmost cost us one of our stronger maps, in the end we did pull though and got the much needed win.

Granary proved to be our bane this season, its our weakest map and it showed against both TFPortal and RedStars, the TFPortal game on granary we had no buissness drawing as TFPortal was the better team on that map but having played our strongest first they were down and out until we decided to mix things up in the 4th round, running some crazy stuff in mid after 8 straight rounds on 2 maps.. it gave them some room to breathe and they got thier confidence back they lost on Badlands, seemed to me they droped the ball up 4-3 and let us get the draw but as us i think TFPortal is a young team aswell with room to learn yet.

Second draw of the season happend in the last game against RedStars after we had secured first place in our Div on the first map, we did loosen up abit and that showed as many mistakes started happening, looking back its a map we should have won but the lack of focus cost us.

Over all, we learned some really good lessons in our Division, we had some pressured sitiuations that we fought our way back from and we learned alot about our selfs as a team going though the season.

In the end, a very good season, looking forward to meeting teams capable of punishing our made mistakes in div3 next year..

And special thanks to CiC, Logix and TFPortal and last but not least SuperFly and eZur for being helpfull with our games (could not have done it without you 2)

Last edited by Dybdal,

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

Pretty much awful season for us, my computer broke down early on in the season which lead to me having to play at my useless work laptop. Angra, that bastard, left 7 weeks for thailand and once returned, a perfectly timed breakdown of paces computer occurred. All in all I think we played 2 games with our so called normal lineup :)

We ran out of luck, but managed to stick around in div2 for another season.

We reached our goal; to win a match,

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

I have literally no idea why you make sarcastic comments about the default vs LOL, Haunter. It’s got fuck all to do with whether or not you’d have beaten LOL team with a different lineup, it’s to do with fairness. You can’t allow cheats to play, then ban them, then not give defaults in the games they played.

give a punishment (e.g. major warning)
and replay the match(es)
depending on how far the season already has gone

like you can replay 2 matches before week 5 started, after you can only replay 1 match
if one player caught cheating or a cheater using a different account, etc.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

give a punishment (e.g. major warning)
and replay the match(es)
depending on how far the season already has gone

like you can replay 2 matches before week 5 started, after you can only replay 1 match
if one player caught cheating or a cheater using a different account, etc.

You do realize that you can’t just create a rule like that now? Maybe for the next season. Because a rule like that could affect the entire s6 standings for div 1 to 6.

Ow and our season went just fine. Recovered well from the default loss as a result of the mads-affair and won our div even with a default loss in the bag. Gave away a round on gravelpit versus MIPC, but we improved a lot on that map since we played them (as our game against the Spaniards showed).

Last edited by Koeitje,

Haunter

you do realize you are offtopic?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »