Forum

How did your season go?

Created 7th December 2009 @ 00:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Now that the matches are almost all played, I thought it might be nice to look back on our seasons and share some experiences with each other. Here is mine –

After a summer of positive results, the return of our soldier Darkness and something coming dangerously close to genuine TF2 teamplay emerging in our games, I was quietly confident we’d have a good season. A handful of people picked us to win our division and many of the names in it were unknown to me, meaning that I didn’t feel like there was team we would definitely lose to.

Our first game was against Team Effort and turned out to be a thrillingly close one, with both maps being won by a single point, with each clan taking a win. If every week was going to be this good, it was going to be our most fun season ever!

However a spanner or three were thrown into the works, with our next three games being against incredibly strong teams who dominated us. ze Dummkopfs gave us a masterclass on cp_gravelpit, we struggled to maintain a draw against Stamina (now Strip Club) on cp_freight which at times it felt like we could have won, before next facing Knifeback Mountaineers.

I was initially worried when I saw Knifeback Mountaineers in our division, but was assured they had only a few players from their original team. However as the weeks went on, more old players seemed to rejoin them ;) That said, everyone in our team felt we put up a good fight against them, so we were pleased with the match despite not taking away any points.

By this point we were half way through the season, and any hopes of promotion looked gone for another season, but I still felt like we could finish comfortably mid-table. We lost three regular players and dropped a few maps against teams around our position in the division, but did enough to stay in the middle. One final highlight was getting to play cp_dustbowl again in a 6v6 league match against MRX, who probably chose the map without being aware of it being a favourite of ours :) One final lowlight was my mistaking CET for GMT in our game against GoT 4, meaning we played 20 minutes of the first map ctf_turbine with only 5 players. When will I learn! :(

Comparing our results to previous seasons it actually ranks amongst the worst, with only 3 map wins (our record worse was only 2 wins in division 3b in the second season). So here’s to next season, which we will enter with a new medic, a new soldier and some classic British stiff upper lip!

Vali

-9w-

We paddlesacked everyone, including ourselves, to finish midtable. Yeah.

ilike2spin

RLM

We paddlesacked everyone, including ourselves, to finish midtable. Yeah.

Lol good job Vali :)

wpminnows

[PG]

we won

phantom

KORE

seems like season hasn’t finished for us yet cause we will play a decider match for 3div spot

Skyride

DUCS

There was a season?

t1gr3

DStM
DStS

with a blood pressure higher than it should ever be after our last 2 games, we won our div, if we had spawned a second later on fastlane in final few mins it was lost

ambra

we started very well, charged and motivated, but we ended up with the wrong mood.

we didnt put enough focus in the most important matches and we ended up losing stupidly while we could have won or at least draw where we lost with embarassing scores or scores not showing what we are capable of when we are in shape.

So a very disappointing season but it was a lesson and an invitation to not fuck up and take it more seriously the next time.
We also had the pleasure to play with friik who helped us a lot through the whole season being the superstrong demoman we needed to at least try to face good opponents but we are now sadly missing him since by “contract” he’s now going to play with his new team.
(edit: and also mendi who helped us a lot through a period of extreme lack of members that eventually assested)

“better luck next time”

Last edited by ambra,

Sketch

MM

skyride always posts what i was about to post, just before i post it
edit: bloody troll
edit2: i carried this team. no joke. should get some kinda prize for fastlane

Last edited by Sketch,

Qun

GoT<3

TF2 is dead

haha, inb4 Evil

Last edited by Qun,

Skyride

DUCS

TF2 is dead

haha, inb4 Evil

Evil is dead…

ilike2spin

RLM

No way. I don’t believe you!

Mendietaaaa

TBNC

We also had the pleasure to play with friik and mendi

fixed

(Please stop forgetting to close the bold tag and fucking up the rest of the thread – D2M)

Last edited by d2m,

We were playing great just before the season started, and lost our demo for 2/3 weeks before our 1st game. Played like shit after being inactive (+ with a demo merc), we lost that game.
Got our demo back, won all our maps. Lost our demo again, found another one, won every map. Epic game vs 9 team for 1st place, we won 1-0 after a 29min30sec round on well :p

-> +14 streak and div2 !

edit: Mendieta, fix your posts, they fuck mine up :p

Last edited by Peio,

Having played together for about a year Team Effort were finally able to win games in div 5. I think a lot of teams underestimated us, as we didn’t lose a single match 6-0. Our biggest problem seemed to be to be able to stay calm during tight matches. We disappointed ourselves time and time again by giving away what seemed to be, and would have been, a very important victory. There was only one map (maybe two :p) where we didnt stand a chance (Knifeback Mountaineer scouts were beasts).

Other than that I have to say that div 5b was filled with friendly and easy-to-schedule-with teams (except Riders on the Storm – thank god they folded), whereas Who Dares Wins proved to be the most awesome russians I have ever met on the Internet. GoT teams are always fun to face too. I can never get enough of Dutchies.

All in all I think we are somewhat happy with our performance, though being a bit disappointed for not making the cut for div 4.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »