Forum

Quick question concerning the "VAC ban" bannings

Created 1st November 2009 @ 21:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Voyager I, it’s pretty easy. if anyone hacked on 1.6 then they usually got global banned of the whole HL engine (incl dod and tfc) as soon as someone actually found out their account got vac’d. there’s no chance an admin would ever trust you that you actually only hacked in this game. everyone would come up with this argument no? Why even starting this shit and acting like a ‘tard on cs pubs anyway? If anyone is to blame then the one who just was stupid enough to get caught with his competitive account even he knew about the risks. it’s still the same if you hack on the Source engine. u’ll get banned from all Source games. the league is just following Valve on this and it always has been like that in several leagues in the past.

the reason why I wouldn’t take over HLengine bans as well is that most likely the players already suffered their ban. fair enough they still can’t even connect to secured HLengine server, are still marked and had to move on to another game. probably learned their lesson by now.

Who is to decide that they learned their lesson? How long is enough? Some people learn it after the first go (5 minutes), some take 2 decades. Either you ban everybody who is VAC banned regardless of how old it is and what engine it is or you don’t ban based on VAC bans.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t warservers supposed to be VAC secured?
If that’s correct, it seems perfectly normal to ban VAC banned players, since they can’t join those servers anyway.

It’s about banning their new accounts (aka new accounts to dodge VAC bans)

Yea that IMO is the only issue here, I don’t see why it needs essay after essay written about it. Someone may have cheated in CSS, but how do you tell if they cheated in CSS/TF2/DODS etc etc, they cannot VAC2 enabled servers, end of story. They should go take up the issue with Steam, not ETF2L.

Huwsif

lolwow

In my view if someone is known to of hacked in a different sphere, be it in public CSS or whatever, they undoubtedly lose some credibility but this should not result in a over-reaction of banning them from etf2l. It should simply be a marker to the etf2l Anti-cheat team to check several demos of this player over a long time base to see if they are or have hacked in competative tf2.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4