Forum

Quick question concerning the "VAC ban" bannings

Created 1st November 2009 @ 21:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Up

.:ne:.

What will happen to people with VAC bans registering new accounts? Will they be blocked from it or simply instabanned?

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

What will happen to people with VAC bans registering new accounts? Will they be blocked from it or simply instabanned?

You got a VAC ban ? :)

Up

.:ne:.

A quick look at my profile would clearly show that:
1. I don’t have a VAC ban
2. by making this post, I clearly don’t need to make a new account.

AnAkkk

People with VAC bans and registering new accounts will be banned on their new account as well if they can’t prove that they are not banned on TF2 (most of the time they register those new accounts because of their VAC ban).

ambra

obviously a question about some cheater who bought the game during the holloween promotion and wants to be sure hes not getting caught again immediatly

Vali

-9w-

People with VAC bans and registering new accounts will be banned on their new account as well if they can’t prove that they are not banned on TF2 (most of the time they register those new accounts because of their VAC ban).

So cheat several years ago on the source engine before TF2 has been released and get banned for 2 years in ETF2L? That doesn’t really seem to make any sense. What about the people whose accounts are hacked and used for cheating before they can get them back? What about the people that have VAC banned accounts that you know nothing about? I don’t think it’s fair that some people get banned because you know about their alternative accounts and not others (having another account that is banned is pretty damn harmless).

I could understand cleaning up all of the accounts on the league that can’t legitimately play in officials but this just doesn’t make any sense. If you’re so damn suspicious about people cheating that you’ll ban everyone that has ever cheated on the source engine then just force people to make you aware of their new accounts. You could even go as far as to then in the 5th and 10th week of the season request a random POV from an official during weeks 1-5 and 6-10 and check it. What you shouldn’t do is just lazily blanket ban everyone with a VAC2 ban for 2 years for essentially no reason.

Last edited by Vali,

dougiie

CotC

yeah I agree with Vali.

A while back my account was hacked, I contacted Valve as fast as I could, my friends then looked at my profile, and it appeared to have a VAC Ban. After discussing things with Valve, providing them with screenshots of my games serial codes etc, they gave me my account back, and the VAC ban was gone. If somebody who is less fortunate buys another account because they were hacked, I think its really unfair to ban them again, as they did nothing wrong in the first place.

Edd

T2P

deleted

Last edited by Edd,

Norris

So cheat several years ago on the source engine before TF2 has been released and get banned for 2 years in ETF2L? That doesn’t really seem to make any sense.

right. it doesn’t make sense because you wouldn’t be able to start your tf2 career in first place if you got vac’d on Source. that means if you can’t show your tf2 account working then you obviously hacked during your competitive days.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

So cheat several years ago on the source engine before TF2 has been released and get banned for 2 years in ETF2L? That doesn’t really seem to make any sense.

right. it doesn’t make sense because you wouldn’t be able to start your tf2 career in first place if you got vac’d on Source. that means if you can’t show your tf2 account working then you obviously hacked during your competitive days.

+1

People who got VAC banned for a source game should be perm-banned. Of course people could have been banned in CSS while playing TF2 competitively , but since there is no way to check such a thing they should be perm-banned.

Last edited by Koeitje,

FADe

Getting away with cheating is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy

matOo

this whole system makes no sense anyway

antyjc

2ne1

People who got VAC banned for a source game should be perm-banned. Of course people could have been banned in CSS while playing TF2 competitively , but since there is no way to check such a thing they should be perm-banned.

Yehhhh. No way to check, just ban them anyway! gg

I think it’s stupid, surely i could set my profile to private, and get away with a VAC ban?

AnAkkk

I think it’s stupid, surely i could set my profile to private, and get away with a VAC ban?

If it would be that easy, the rule wouldn’t be here.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979546559
http://steamcommunity.com/id/taumyau/
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966477154

vlad_drac

xoxo

If it would be that easy, the rule wouldn’t be here.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979546559
http://steamcommunity.com/id/taumyau/
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966477154

Anakin don’t pretend like this is anything other than a legitimate looking way of banning whoever you want to ban. There was a discussion on etf2l a long time ago regarding vac bans. I believe the decision was taken NOT to ban people for cheating on games that weren’t tf2. How come the sudden rule change?

1. It bans people who DID NOT cheat in tf2 for LONGER THAN PEOPLE WHO DID CHEAT IN ETF2L COMPETITION. Payard is soon to be unbanned in etf2l whilst josh will be rebanned for 2 years. Yes this is true according to etf2l’s rules. This will happen.

2. It’s unenforcable. I could have a vac2 banned account that i never declared and no one ever knew about before i signed up to etf2l. I also have it from a couple of very good french sources that a certain anti cheat admin has a vac banned account. Apparently it’s fairly well known to their community that he used to cheat. But how will anyone know? Keep it quiet, keep your profiles hidden so you can’t be back-traced, and you’re in the clear.

3. Everyone here is right, it doesn’t make sense, but this isn’t about what makes sense. Payard – who admits cheating in etf2l competition – will be unbanned before anyone who has ever cheated in public css games. What this says is – if you’re a GOOD cheat and you manage to slip by VAC2, you’re ok to play in etf2l. So next time anyone decides to cheat IN AN ETF2L MATCH, just make sure it doesn’t get caught by VAC2, and you’ll be unbanned quicker than a public css cheater.

Anakin, you’re a moron. No wonder everyone seems to think tf2 is ‘dying’ when we basically have our community dictated by a gentleman’s club of people who just arbitrarily decide whatever they want to decide without having to adhere/answer to anything/anyone. Even when an overwhelming number of people are saying ‘wtf?’ no one seems to be interested.

My clan members aside – how the fuck can you justify PAYARD being unbanned before someone who has cheated in public CSS? Seriously.

You are MAKING us play with people who have ADMITTED and we KNOW have cheated in TF2, worse still in ETF2L competition. Whilst trying to claim that you are PROTECTING us from people who were banned in css. What are you doing!?

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »