Forum

whats going on with TF2 beta 2 project?

Created 29th October 2009 @ 14:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Oh cmon, all the demo is is effectively a script telling the game where to place some bots with names, and where to have them aim and shoot.

Is it really so hard to make it work from older versions? Unless you have some kind of MASSIVE change like the thing with the splash damage on rockets, which I can understand breaking it

ambra

fyi patches actually apply those massive changes periodically and basically tf2 would have to re-code the demo files to match the new changes everytime, which is pretty complex

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Wait, hold on, so you’re telling me any patch is going to change “where a player is aiming, when they shoot, where they are standing” in a demo file? Seems pretty simple to me :S

I can accept this sorta thing with a decent explanation, but I’ve never heard one yet… :P

Mike

SF

I can accept this sorta thing with a decent explanation, but I’ve never heard one yet… :P

It’s Valve doing it

Cloud

.wldcrd!

It’s Valve doing it

Dear god, I never would’ve expected it!

Actually, that really is the best explanation.. :P

bun

With the update i want to have some answers about it. What TF2 project does for updates? Did the teams tried the update before us?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I’m a PC, and the Eyelander was my idea.

AnAkkk

Last update was in September.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Netsky

Last update was in September.

this

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3