Forum

Demo Limit 1

Created 21st August 2008 @ 18:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

Yes, and i have the solution for the kritzkrieg!!! Lets allow criticals on during the game!! nobody whines bout some controlled crits than!

Light

amg

demo limit 1 right before season start is a very bad thing.
for example, our team now have only one solly and three demos. we have no other tactics than play in 2 demo. and we trained this tactic for some time.
but now we are stuck, because in couple of days we should find another solly or heavy, or one of our demo should trained as solly. how do you think we can do it? how do we find good solly and train new tactics with him in two days?
I know, we just div 5. but it is real situation.

All who wants dl1 – you had large amount of time to find second demo or train one of your solly to play demo or find good tactics against two demo. We have NO time now to do something with dl1.
And that is really sad.

And one more thing. Spawnrape is allowed, right? But it’s the same thing as dl2. It’s not fun to play when someone locks down your respawn. Even if it is just one kill. Let’s forbid it too.
And let’s forbid locking flagroom on turbine.. As it is same as locking respawn.

Debaser

That’s not even an excuse… what’s that supposed to mean ? What if one of your players had personal problems and wasnt capable of playing ? What would happen then ? Stop being irresponsible for once… Despite the fact that demo was imba, you wanted more than 1 just for the advantage… It’s ridiculous.

xtala

We were used to playing 2 demo’s too.

But if you had been following what was going on about the dl1-discussion. You should’ve been able to prepare, just in case that dl1 did come trhough.

Janusz

I agree with Scary. The game was never designed for competitive play, classes were designed with a skill level attached to them, enabling lower skills players to enjoy reasonable success and feel part of the team. Demoman is the class of choice for many low skilled players, because of its unbalanced skill to damage ratio, when used by mid or high skilled players the demoman becomes by far the strongest class in TF2, so much so that he can be succesful with minimal medic support during matches.

This move by ETF2L will made games far more interesting to watch, especially on maps such as ctf_turbine or cp_granary which can be totally locked down by using two demomen.

Light

amg

2 ScArY_: I can say exactly the same: thing, that it’s not fun to play against two demos is not the reason for dl1.
tech and personal problems is “force major”. what’s going on now is like etf2l admins forcing tech problems for our second demo. like they cut his internet cable :-) Can you recognize the difference between crime and accident?

We didn’t prepared, because we even can’t imagine that rules can be changed in couple days before starting first game week. All rules should be fixed before registration is open. Participants should know how they will play. And now? When we registering – one rules. When it comes to play – another. I don’t see the difference between middle of season and it’s actual starting.
Just imagine if it was football. Your team deciding to play in two forwards. But when you ready to play judges told you that two forwards is imba and other teams with tactics with only one haven’t enough fun to play. And your team therefore restricted to only one forward.

And, btw, ask LOLs (russian team). They held its cup with no limits at all. And what? All were ok :-) Strange, yes?

Wlv

RaWr ::

The real proof of a good team is how they adapt to both in game and out of game situations! :D

Sorry to be so blunt, I have little time to discuss this matter now that its “closed”, 189 other teams will be dealing with this situation and I’m sure you guys can too, you found 3x demomen (wtf?!) easilly enough, finding 1 sol wont be so hard, hey, perhaps even one of your demo’s likes playing soldier also?!

Light

amg

Alright. Of course we’ll find some way out. But I don’t feel happy that we MUST do it without any problems in our team. And as I wrote early – the most sad thing, that we knows about dl1 in couple of days before the games.
If we had at least couple of weeks – things could be better.

Wlv

True, although we couldn’t really ignore the 73% to 27% vote, regardless of how late it was :/

bobberyayo

8{

And I can’t imagine that you didn’t have 2 sollies ready in a 13 man team.

Debaser

Wlv got me there. The prepared team would be ready for any abnormality. This shows me that you are not prepared, nothing more. You must learn to adapt in any situation otherwise don’t have any expectations.

Light

amg

You talking about adapting? :-) Oh, guys. You cannot (or don’t want to) adapt to 2 demo tactics. Who is good team here? :-) (it’s a joke. partially)

You have enough time to adapt. We have no more than one week. Is this fair? I think not.

But as I said, we’ll find the way out.

13 men – yes. Active only 8. Why do you try to catch me? :-) You can look our steam group if you don’t believe me. There are only 9 men and one of them joined on lan-party. He’s not online. And things goes worse already. One of our demo wanted to leave team, and you cause it with this dl1.

Nodachi

vR|

In my oppinion this limit is just because some high skilled soldiers think demomans are imbalanced and started whining about it and some rather uninformed ppl just follow their lead.
If Demoman is supposed to be superior against everything why do i see so few Clans running around with them? Especially good Clans. Dont get me wrong i do see it myself but its a rather rare occurence.
And according to the reasons stated here its supposed to be the allmighty uber kill all tactic but yet in Leagues with pricemoney you dont see them either. Strange isnt it?

appz

wMiC?

next vote: whine limit 0

Wlv

SGL – DemoLimit 1
Clanbase Cups – DemoLimit 1
i-series – DemoLimit 1 (LAN)
PC Gamer – £15,000 prize – DemoLimit 1 (LAN)
ETF2L – DemoLimit 1

Thats all the major comps bar ESL and ED, 3 of those include prizes, so this is maybe why you don’t see many 2x demo tactics in “prize” competitions :)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »