Forum

gullywash in primary map pool? :< oh shi

Created 6th September 2009 @ 17:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »

on1k

yukon <3 ftw

eoN^

It was quite clear early on that gullywash would win the competition, it’s an awesome map that has been violated a tad bit too much by constant updates.

Looking forward to a FINAL VERSION VERY SOONISH.

I really dont understand how anyone can say thats a bad thing? So what you have to upload it a few times but its worth it for how fine tuned the map has become and its not even finished yet, tbh it wouldnt be half the map if it wasnt done like this…

RezZzet.exe

CY

I agree with eoN^

mineral

[kpwr]

I hadn’t heard of the map before today lol :P Never seen/played it and now it’s in the pool, oh boy :P Let’s hope it’s good!

gryzor

I really dont understand how anyone can say thats a bad thing

That’s because you don’t have to download a .rar-file to a windows machine, unpack the shit, repack it with blockzip2, upload it to a remote *nix-host with a scp-application, edit three textfiles, move it into place for dist-point (download), copy it into maps-directory, unpack it and then start all over again because a new version was released (edit: oh, forgot, have to soft-link 4 files as well since maps are never stored in the actual maps directory, so extra fun there!)

Oh wait, you and your cool “+1″‘ers were speaking from a “lololol, i’m clueless player and just have to connect and paly PALY PALY!!11@@”-perspective.

How cute.

Can you please stop? It’s not the first time. I’m sad to say, but I don’t believe it’s the last either. Hooray.

M0re

+1

get it gryzor? lololoL!=!?

Arjeni

I dont really know why fastlane is still in the map pool? Does anyone even like it?

Please replace it with yukon!

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

I dont really know why fastlane is still in the map pool? Does anyone even like it?

+1

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Sad but true, there are a fanbase for this map:
http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season4/poll/27872/

M0re

Sad but true, there are a fanbase for this map:
http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season4/poll/27872/

it seems that clanless germans has voted…

Waebi

‹Con›

gryzor, i suggest you try wget on the *nix server directly ;)

/smartass

compton

cvx|

I really dont understand how anyone can say thats a bad thing

That’s because you don’t have to download a .rar-file to a windows machine, unpack the shit, repack it with blockzip2, upload it to a remote *nix-host with a scp-application, edit three textfiles, move it into place for dist-point (download), copy it into maps-directory, unpack it and then start all over again because a new version was released.

Oh wait, you and your cool “+1″‘ers were speaking from a “lololol, i’m clueless player and just have to connect and paly PALY PALY!!11@@”-perspective.

How cute.

Can you please stop? It’s not the first time. I’m sad to say, but I don’t believe it’s the last either. Hooray.

He admitted that he doesn’t understand. And then you explained. I can’t see how he’s doing anything wrong. Don’t take it on him, he simply didn’t have the information.

And for the other part, he was saying that he doesn’t understand how people call frequent updates as an argument in the map pool discussion. It’s completely unrelated to the fact that uploading maps to a particular server is a usability nightmare. If you have a server that has a horrible uploading process, it’s a problem with the server and it shouldn’t be dragged to this kind of discussion.

gryzor

gryzor, i suggest you try wget on the *nix server directly ;)

/smartass

I can’t think of a single sane person running a headless server with users active on it having the elf32-brinary of “UNRAR” installed.

If they did, I would not take them seriously — it also makes wget totally useless since I can’t do shit with a .rar-file on a linux-system (to cp_gullywash defense, I actually pointed this out to Arnold after rc10 and he promised to change his packaging).

@compton: Please note my last sentance, including “it’s not the first time…”, things might look odd if you are not some weirdo following all the conversations I’m having with people :)

Skyride

DUCS

it also makes wget totally useless since I can’t do shit with a .rar-file on a linux-system.

<3 .rar format.
7z and Bzip2 are so vastly superior in every way it astounds me to no end they are not the standard format.

Also, why is having the standard UNRAR binaries such an issue on a headless server? Its not like it runs as a background process and has potential security holes or anything, its essentially just a small shell utility.

compton

cvx|

@compton: Please note my last sentance, including “it’s not the first time…”, things might look odd if you are not some weirdo following all the conversations I’m having with people :)

Well, admins using ad hominem sounds a bit scary :[

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »