Forum

Vote custom maps

Created 31st July 2008 @ 23:29

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

KillaloT

eureka

I think you need to add the option, not to choose any of the maps.
(cp_labor, cp_redstone_b2, cp_science2, cp_stag, cp_warpath2, ctf_mach4)

Simply add: “none”

And if “none” gets most of the votes, there shouldn’t be added any of the maps to the new map pool.

Agree to above poster.

byte

cp_freight get it off Stealthy from #wotr channel and play it, v good for 6v6 play i loved it :)

cheers

Byte

Agree with what killalot says!

KillaloT for president on this.

Crusa

Troopers

Don’t agree. People have to be forced to play new maps. Most of the competitive clans in TF2 are so stuck on badlands and pro_granary that everything else is shit by default.
They have maybe tried once some other new maps and when the new map caused some problems the map is deemed to be rubbish and is never played again. But maybe the rubbish part wasn’t maps fault but yours? You didn’t know how to play the map or didn’t have any good tactics for that map?

I remember when Valve released the Badlands. People played that and first impression for most was that it was a bad map for competetive play and is only suitable for pubbies. But wait. What is now the map that everyone plays? Oh yeah, it’s the same Badlands that was then only good for public servers…

So I think it is good that ETF2L forces some new custom maps into the mappool. Maybe this will get lot of you really try these maps more than just once. I hope for the scenes sake…

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Mach4 and Freight (which by the time the season starts will be out of beta) could work in my opinion, they’re both small, simple, and symmetrical.

The others (most notably the two most gigantic TF2 maps ever Redstone and Warpath) have driven clans away from leagues because they’re so unsuited for 6v6 play, see the ongoing/almost finished EnemyDown season and the experiences clans had with Warpath in WirePlay season 1.

edit: I also agree with the guy above me, would be nice to get some custom maps that aren’t just Valve-endorsed (like Fastlane) being played more often. It’s just that they nearly all suck. Freight and Mach4 are the exception to that rule.

daf

yoyotech
Hey dats!

uh Warpath owned every time I played it 6v6 D:

I dont see it as huge and it’s symmetrical and as simple as can be!

infussle

Had a look through freight today, and it looks like another great map, which would need testing in matches etc. But the general look was good and you can jump on the train!

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/download/59565

with pro grana, well, turbine, badlands, 2fort, gravel, dustbowl already in mappool we have 7 maps already, goldrush and fastlane will probably join them raising number to 9. I think thats enough. Its not like there have been request for more maps in mappool, not after latest updates. Is there any reason to add 2 additional custom maps?

cubeth

rda

imho one of those voteable maps (labor/redstone?) should replace 2fort (which I consider the only unplayable map from the official mappool) so that we still have 9 maps.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

I would rather see 2 semi-playable custom maps replace Goldrush and 2Fort.

KillaloT

eureka

tbh, if they replace dustbowl, goldrush and 2fort, i dont care. Those maps are horrible anyway

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Say no to custom maps!

Albert

say no to smofo!

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »