Forum

Fail

Created 23rd June 2009 @ 14:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

N/A

RaWr ::

I would also like to say that I did not alias to start playing in ETF2L again, it was a league Blame needed me for and I didn’t even think twice about me having a ban on ‘main account’. I enjoy playing in ETF2L as a league and think the majority of admins do a good job, and whenever my ban finishes I will definetely continue playing in the league.

Having spoken to him every single day since soon after he adopted the alias (I didn’t know who he was) I can say pretty safely that this is not true. One of the first things he told me was that he hoped to get into div1, and he trialed (or tried to) for Fruit before trialing for blame.
You can hardly say it was a situational decision to join Blame because they needed you when you were actively looking for a clan before hand and discussing which div you were aiming for on one of the first days you used the alias.

Are you serious? I was acting as a new player, therefore remarks such as ‘One day I hope I can play in division 1’ mean I want to be good enough to play division one. Until you have solid proof that I have said ‘All I want to do is play in ETF2L, therefore I am aliasing’, I would appreciate if you refrain from continueing to reply with your consipiracy theories.

– Josh

U-die

A voice changer WTFLOL :)

How does that work @ LAN ?

rge

A voice changer WTFLOL :)

How does that work @ LAN ?

np, just put on a cloaking device:
pic

btw: atomroflbackflip’ed after reading.
entertaining thread is entertaining at work. thx

KOVACS

From my perspective joske’s reasoning for aliasing like this was primarily to get rid of the stigma attached to him previously. He wanted to redefine his image in the scene, even if that meant starting from scratch as an entirely unknown player. I’d say he managed this impressively well up until he was found out.

Since playing as “2SYK” he HAS been far more respectable, considerate, nice and has managed not to rage outwardly in over 100 pickups during this time, despite his previous behaviour and how frustrating the skill gap can be, playing with much weaker players who can seem totally clueless in comparison to playing with a div1 or top div2 team.

It’s actually quite admirable in joske’s case and if not for the fact he has a current ban I’m entirely confident that most people would be praising him for his change in character and for helping a team that is below his skill level. It’s not for me to say whether or not he’s helped Blame more than “hurt” them but to say I was surprised and slightly sickened by Wildcards “lifetime ban imo” response is a total understatement, since at worst, the result of this ordeal only means they have to replay two official matches, hardly a big deal in my opinion.

It literally makes me cringe to read some of the comments. The sheer audacity of suggesting a lifetime ban for this is beyond comprehension for me, especially coming from the players who have no association with joske, likely have never played with him in ETF2L matches and just throw it out there seemingly with no care or consideration whatsoever.

It just shows complete disregard and lack of respect for players in this scene who don’t know each other, which is ultimately a driving reason that led joske to alias in the first place because of the stigma attached to him by name alone, even from the community at large who’s opinions just come from adhering to the collective bandwagon and have no real basis. There is synergy here with the cheating bans, some of which are questionable in my opinion and more pre-emptive than reactive. The community’s response? Flame everyone on that list, join a bandwagon, name and shame, even though the vast majority probably never even played a single game against the likes of Abra or Kondor, but lets not derail this thread.

I know this comes across as very cynical and perhaps also hypocritical since I’ve been known to show a lack of respect to people in this community on a regular basis, but that stems from the way the scene has changed and how I am treated myself. In the first year of playing TF2 my own image and character was entirely different. It’s only since I started observing and experiencing first hand an inherent lack of respect for players that I started acting the same way myself.

KOVACS

I expect the admins will most probably give joske an extension of his ban, the main reason being an attempt to dodge the first ban and play on ETF2L before it expired.

Whether or not this is actually the case for joske is debatable but for sure, the community will react in typically exaggerated outrage if no extension is given, on the misinformed assumption that joske was out to mess up Blame on purpose or something.

I can also understand why from the admins perspective there is perhaps no choice but to extend the ban, if only to make an example of joske to discourage other banned players (for whatever reason) from aliasing on ETF2L before bans expire.

It’s not a big problem right now though. Joske is the first case of this that I’m aware of, so I see no need to be overly harsh in this instance, although it would be warranted if it becomes a more common occurance.

Also from my perspective, the responsibility for this lies just as much with joske and his own agendas as it does the admins for an overzealous ban in the first place.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I started observing and experiencing first hand an inherent lack of respect for players that I started acting the same way myself.

Others do it, so I must do it? What kind of weird logic is that? You don’t stop something you don’t want to see by doing it yourself? Just set an example yourself. I also think you take the flaming and stuff way to serious. Try to see it as you and your friends playing a football or whatever. It get’s competitive, you tackle them, you joke about their skills, their excuses etc. But at the end of the day you just have a laugh about it. As long as everyone adheres to the rules it is all fine.

As for whether or not to make the ban permanent: I’m against that. Even cheaters don’t get permed. It was just a stupid move.

eoN^

Also from my perspective, the responsibility for this lies just as much with joske and his own agendas as it does the admins for an overzealous ban in the first place.

I completely disagree, the ban was completely warranted as seen as he was abusing the admins?

Put it this way if you went on a public server and told the admins to go die you’d get banned, if you went into your work place and told your boss to go die you’d get fired. Why should he get away with it here?

Edit, i do feel sorry for jOSKe/2SYK because he does seem like he has a few anger problems which aren’t always peoples fault. But on the other hand it is his responsibility to control it whether he has a problem or not and he shouldnt expect to be given a tap on the wrist saying “Oh we understand” because he deliberately went out and broke ETF2L rules, i cant see any way he could believe he wasnt breaking rules?

Heres hoping whenever his ban does finish he can get himself together because he has alot of talent but his attitude is whats getting him in situations like this…

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Letting him off just gives off the totally wrong responce.
Its like getting banned from driving for drinking alcahol, lol its ok i can drive again because im not drunk this time!!
No you were banned for 3 months, your punishment is to not play during that time, if you break it or try to cheat the rules, you should be banned longer.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

what did josh get banned for anyways? i mean i liked his battles, josh vs numlocked episode 1, 2 and 3, all very good. Now you cant hardly blame anyone to want to play in etf2l, but voice changer?!?!##$%$@%?! Josh m8, thats just too sad
Pitty for blame they have another shit situation at hands.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

what did josh get banned for anyways? i mean i liked his battles, josh vs numlocked episode 1, 2 and 3, all very good. Now you cant hardly blame anyone to want to play in etf2l, but voice changer?!?!##$%$@%?! Josh m8, thats just too sad

He raged against an admin (don’t know who it was, there is some chatlog somewhere iirc?)

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

i like joshywoshy! :)

this thread is just 2syk

(olol)

KOVACS

It was gryzor then Deneusbear (sp?) iirc.

The parts made public was only a fraction of the discussion.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

how old is he? someone?
or how old are you, joske?

N/A

RaWr ::

Edit, i do feel sorry for jOSKe/2SYK because he does seem like he has a few anger problems which aren’t always peoples fault.

You couldn’t even begin to imagine the underlying reasons which could be the cause of my outbursts. I would seriously appreciate people not going into why I get annoyed in the future.

Uhmm, please read my initial response in the thread, it clearly states I did not alias to play in ETF2L this also means I didn’t use a voice changer to play in ETF2L. The Voice Changer was simply used because people would have recognised me instantly without it, some others who have played with me alot in the past could pick up my accent through the voice changer.

– Josh

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »