Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 45 46 47 ... 64 Next »

iQue

keso

so a scout/sniper etc. should not get a knockback? but solly/demo and above all A HEAVY should?

i hope im not the only one who sees a… problem in this idea. would just make no sense at all

What does make sense in TF2? Jeez

Now that I think about it some more I actually really like the idea. It would make scout duels a bit more skill based than “hit once with fan + one easy meatshot”. And do you actually need the knockback against snipers, spies and engies? Then tone down the knockback effect for all the other classes and it could work out pretty ok I think. Just a suggestion.

Safety smilies )))) )) )))))))

RaCio

GoT²

Removing the knockback would make the weapon useless.

Another fix would be to decrease the firerate of the FaN. And to compensate for the loss of damage decrease the reload time by the same amount. The firerate of the FaN would match that of the scattergun and then the reload time would be same as the pistol (0.3 seconds decrease).
This would fix scout vs scout issues theoretically.

uvio

I have to agree on the knockback being the only issue i have with that thing.

From my medic perspectiv it just “kills” the flow of fighting the scout.
Not that easy to dodge and strafe when being pinned to a wall half a meter above the ground. (think badlands lobby)

The interruption just stops it being fun to battle it out.
Against a scattergun the fight is on as long as i have hp left. “Gonna get him, gonna get him, i can still do this…”
After being hit with the FAN it’s more like “Oh, great!”.

+1 fanlimit 0
(ban fan)

iQue

keso

Removing the knockback would make the weapon useless.

I’m not talking about removing it completely but definitely toning it down for the lighter classes and maybe sollys/demos too. Useless without knockback? Definitely not, it would even be more useful when attacking unsuspecting enemies, but I think knockback can be a cool thing to a certain degree and should be balanced properly as long as it stays.

As uvio said it kinds of disrupt the flow of the game in its current state, medic vs scout battles especially.

Arnold

DAKKA

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4655/fagscout.jpg

iQue

keso

ARNOLD STARTED THIS

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

LOL. But yeah. :D

Wiiking

lol!

Wiiking

i hate this fucking gun

ambra

that thing is stupid
completely nobrainer: only condition is hitting (half hitting) the first time

agron

Relic

I have to agree on the knockback being the only issue i have with that thing.

From my medic perspectiv it just “kills” the flow of fighting the scout.
Not that easy to dodge and strafe when being pinned to a wall half a meter above the ground. (think badlands lobby)

The interruption just stops it being fun to battle it out.
Against a scattergun the fight is on as long as i have hp left. “Gonna get him, gonna get him, i can still do this…”
After being hit with the FAN it’s more like “Oh, great!”.

+1 fanlimit 0
(ban fan)

+1

Against a scatter the medic atleast a theoretical chance of “winning” or what not. Against a FaN the fight is pretty much over the second the medic gets hit.

With full health, a 2-shot from fan will drop you down to 10-30 health usually, and a couple of pistol rounds will finish you. Then take into consideration that most often the medic isnt in full health. (unless you’re playing like a complete pussy).

ps. fan 2-shot can do over 150 dmg.

xzr

ps. agron is a fag

(halipus <3I)

Norris

Sneis
;D

Pyle

+ 1 for ban

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Not banned yet?