Forum

Official ruling on Saloon.tf interaction

Created 31st March 2015 @ 02:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

So the new rule is:

Players caught betting on their own matches, taking bribes or in any way creating a conflict of interest in matches are subject to penalties. This also includes the usage of alternative accounts or friends as betting proxies.

CHERRY

Last edited by CHERRY,

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

So you can bet on your own team winning cause that doesn´t create a conflict of interest or what…?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from S@GA

So you can bet on your own team winning cause that doesn´t create a conflict of interest or what…?

Wording implies this yes.

But it isn’t clear enough for me, wording needs to be more precise, I’d seek advice from admins.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Wording implies this yes.

But it isn’t clear enough for me, wording needs to be more precise, I’d seek advice from admins.

“Players caught betting on their own matches, […]”

Can it be any more clear? You cannot bet on your own matches. Done.

Kaneco

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]
“Players caught betting on their own matches, […]”

Can it be any more clear? You cannot bet on your own matches. Done.

As it should be. Thanks for the new rules.

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]Can it be any more clear? You cannot bet on your own matches. Done.

What do you mean by matches? PCWs? Officials? OrangeX 24/7 100% crit?

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

As it should be. Thanks for the new rules.

Sorry but can anyone explain to me what´s so bad about betting on your own team winning?

Kaneco

Quoted from S@GA

[…]

Sorry but can anyone explain to me what´s so bad about betting on your own team winning?

I’ve created plenty wall of texts on this already, it’s simply where the line should be drawn to avoid unnecessary conflicts and problems resulting from bets and to keep it simple. Look up any match fixing / betting law in any sport in the world, 99% don’t allow betting on games where you’re involved in, many dont even allow bets in competitions you’re allowed in or even in your sport all together.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from S@GA

[…]

You can bet on yourself and agree to split the profits with someone on the other team (who throws/doesnt try/will lose anyway). Essentially betting against yourself.

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

You can bet on yourself and agree to split the profits with someone on the other team (who throws/doesnt try/will lose anyway). Essentially betting against yourself.

That’s match throwing though. Something else that Gentleman Jon brought up on TFTV was that there’d be an incentive for you to understate your ability or lie about mercs etc.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Hallow

[…] That’s match throwing though. Something else that Gentleman Jon brought up on TFTV was that there’d be an incentive for you to understate your ability or lie about mercs etc.

Yes it is match throwing, but it has stemmed from the fact that teams can bet on themselves. If you remove that, match throwing becomes a lot less rewarding and attractive.

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Hallow

Something else that Gentleman Jon brought up on TFTV was that there’d be an incentive for you to understate your ability or lie about mercs etc.

This is a more subtle problem that’s specific to saloon. It means the average user of the site may be susceptible to teams spreading misinformation about their roster to make them appear weak, then betting on themselves (or getting a friend to do so) late when most people won’t have time to switch or change their bet and turning up with their full team.

Not a problem for any league though, just a problem for saloon.

Last edited by Gentleman Jon,

NiCO god's hand

TLR

thx 4 skins sheepy

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Thanks, first argument I´ve seen that makes sense. It never came to me simply because I never imagined someone would do that to gain like 2 ref.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »