Forum

Official ruling on Saloon.tf interaction

Created 31st March 2015 @ 02:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

So Saloon.tf, despite being in Beta is seeing more increased activity as we are seeing ETF2L matches involved in many of the betting.

At this point I would guess it’s natural for the admin staff to be discussing a change to rules to include interaction on the betting website saloon.tf.

Naturally I am stating the obvious::

1) What is ETF2L’s stance of players betting on:

a) Their Own Matches?
b) The opposition to win in a team they are rostered in?

2) ETF2L’s stance on “match fixing”?

I know it sounds tedious and petty but we got people in this community that DDOS servers, casts and websites, use cheats, use multiple accounts to gain an advantage and all for the pride of winning, so it’s natural to assume there might be some form of attempted matchfixing in the near future.

I know saloon.tf does not allow people from a teams roster to bet the opposing team, however that is a Saloon.tf rule, not an official ETF2L rule, so what punishments will be put in place?

Please don’t say “admin discretion” or I will burn all of Kkaltuu’s weed at i55.

P.S good jobs on the banners.

Clark

SDCK!

I haven’t checked ETF2L’s rules in a while but I’m pretty sure there is already one that repudiates any fixed matches.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Clark

I haven’t checked ETF2L’s rules in a while but I’m pretty sure there is already one that repudiates any fixed matches.

Trust me, there isn’t.

3.9 has a clause that could cover Match Fixing, but only as “fraud” and the legal definition of fraud would need to be very vague to cover match fixing, far better they actually add a rule about it.

Of course there is always my favourite 7.3 – Admin discretion….again, vague.

I am sure admins have a discussion about it right now on their forums, but any news would be good to know.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Hildreth

Please don’t say “admin discretion” or I will burn all of Kkaltuu’s weed at i55.

P.S good jobs on the banners.

You can burn weed with me any day ;)

NeuTronas

SR scammer tag doesn’t let me bet. It’s dumb because even csgolounge allows that T.T

ondkaja

IKEA

Match fixing has never been allowed on ETF2L

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from ondkaja

Match fixing has never been allowed on ETF2L

Can you point this out in the rule page?

Hallow

P.O.P

idk what kaja is on about ive fixed every match ive ever lost

ducky

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Can you point this out in the rule page?

7.3 Admin discretion

The ETF2L rules are enforced at the discretion of the admin team. Any complaints will be judged on a case-by-case basis and different punishments may be handed out in each case.

Let the weed burning commence…

On a side note:

Any rules put in place by saloon.tf will have much more of an impact against “match fixing” than anything that we could come up with.

After all they have the control over your valuables.
The potential loss of items that you’ve committed by betting on fixed matches aswell as a follow-up ban on the site itself may be enough of a deterrence.

Of course this is just one of the many ways that one could go about this.

I’m confident in cherrys ability to develop a ruleset which can prevent these kind of malicious activities… he’s somewhat german after all ;P

??? I don’t smoke

Pistolvania

Quoted from NeuTronas

SR scammer tag doesn’t let me bet. It’s dumb because even csgolounge allows that T.T

+1. SR is completely broken.

repu

http://i.imgur.com/02PQyrQ.png

Selek

Dr. med.

If the Saloon.tf service is affected by external issues from, but not limited to Match Fixing or Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks, Saloon.tf cannot be held responsible for such issues. Preventive measures will be taken in the event of such an issue occurring such as locking bets and delayed match verification so that Saloon.tf is able to conduct an investigation into the issue.

https://saloon.tf/tos/

Somewhat generic, but at least it has been mentioned.

There are easy ways to circumvent it, but disallowing a player to bet for the opponent team would make sense IMHO.

Fuxx

What stops the player from circumventing it by having a friend do the bet for him?

It’s so bloody easy to find loopholes, you’d be better off either allowing match betting unrestricted or ban it as a whole altogether.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

One year ban if caught. Just the same as cheating.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »