Forum

LAWL NICE DIVS

Created 25th October 2014 @ 18:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

corben

Guys, can we talk about 6s prem and div1? I think its more aids than highlander phrem.
pub > HL

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from corben

Guys, can we talk about 6s prem and div1? I think its more aids than highlander phrem.
pub > HL

coming from someone that plays div 5 6s and doesn’t play HL…how can you even judge HL prem?

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Scissors

it’s fucking cp_orange-tier, not even joking. roflmao

I sadly agree. The layout is simplistic as fuck and the interior of the buildings + the corridors remind me of one of those cp_orange variations people play.

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

coming from someone that plays div 5 6s and doesn’t play HL…how can you even judge HL prem?

he is le cool xD

Quoted from Munky

-snip-

This

Quoted from Popcorp

-snip-

And this

Quoted from Tuffy

[…]

I’m actually working on decoration, I would love to change the layout but how do you want me to do it if no one gives more feedback? I understand why everyone is upset about this map in the season, but actually the only argument I see are: “map unfinished // no experimental cup // could be replaced by better maps from ugc”. Okay fine, but it won’t help me to change something from the layout of the map. So the only thing I can do is doing decoration stuff. I will organize some doublemix on it, but if I need to create a doublemix every time the map need to be played, absolutely no team’s gonna be ready for the week 6.

Yes, the map is in the season. I was quite surprised with that, but now all the team need to be ready for the week 6. So I hope that the map will now be played without me creating that doublemix. And I will get feedback, and I will be able to change the map.

Understand that the frustration is not directed at you, but at the decision makers at the top.

A map simply because it exists does not automatically make it good nor that it should be viable for competitive play. Feedback can be given but understand that some people (me for example) think you should aim for this map to be something other than a competitive Highlander one. My reason is that it feels too much like a lazy miniature cp_orange-esque type of map that is trying to be special by having a gimmicky looking control point and some hanging things. It does not feel right and simply by looking at it I am already boring myself to death at how little space it opens to do just about anything other than all out DM with the occasional lucky flank play.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Tuffy

pd!

Quoted from Fuxx

I sadly agree. The layout is simplistic as fuck and the interior of the buildings + the corridors remind me of one of those cp_orange variations people play.

I agree too, and that’s why I’m decorating the map to get something cool ;)

corben

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

didn’t play officials, but i know how low/mid level hl looks like.

Last edited by corben,

Lyrete

BAGC
RUN!

don’t listen to corben he has no idea what the fuck he’s saying.

8)

Last edited by Lyrete,

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from Lyrete

don’t listen to corben he has no idea what the fuck he’s saying.

8)

I think people figured out already

Arcticcu

Quoted from corben

[…]

didn’t play officials, but i know how low/mid level hl looks like.

hotshot str8 from div5 dropping truth bombs!!!

Karx

EPP
ㄕサ

I know i’m a little bit late, but you cannot really say that there is something wrong with d3, gold teams were always considered as d3, so yeah. We actually even cosidered going to d4 :p

Tuffy

pd!

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

A map simply because it exists does not automatically make it good nor that it should be viable for competitive play. Feedback can be given but understand that some people (me for example) think you should aim for this map to be something other than a competitive Highlander one. My reason is that it feels too much like a lazy miniature cp_orange-esque type of map that is trying to be special by having a gimmicky looking control point and some hanging things. It does not feel right and simply by looking at it I am already boring myself to death at how little space it opens to do just about anything other than all out DM with the occasional lucky flank play.

I don’t play on orange so I don’t really see what do you compare on the map to it, except maybe for the empty lobby. And about the aim of the map, I wanted to make a competitive map. If, later, I decide to create a pub map, it will automatically be an A/D map, but for comp, the only gamemode I could create a map for is koth. I took koth because I hate payload and 5cp, and I find it hard to create a comp A/D.
And then I wanted to do something special, to change the basic koth mode which I find a bit boring. So I created a map that forces both team to act with this 2-points system, and made something new in koth.
I published the map a bit late, right before the season, so I didn’t get much feedback. The map, due to the fact that it replaced lakeside and a possible approved koth map, is actually getting a very bad publicity but I’ll keep working on it anyway. This map can’t be made for pub because of too many people would lead to a permanent contesting situation, and can’t work aswell for 6v6 because the map is too big for that.

btw, sorry for the bad english

firej

Hi semen friends, im here too (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Max

Fusion

Instead of mindlessly bashing the map and mapmaker you can instead give criticsm so this map won’t actually be THAT shit when you play an official on it.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Max

Instead of mindlessly bashing the map and mapmaker you can instead give criticsm so this map won’t actually be THAT shit when you play an official on it.

who is bashing the mapmaker?

corben

Quoted from Arcticcu

[…]
hotshot str8 from div5 dropping truth bombs!!!

bang bang

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Karx

I know i’m a little bit late, but you cannot really say that there is something wrong with d3, gold teams were always considered as d3, so yeah. We actually even cosidered going to d4 :p

We nearly entered div 4 cos nobody seemed to be at a div 3 level but then everybody else was going div 3 apparently so we thought why not.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »