Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Silentes

I can’t wait to play some highlander!!!

Quoted from .zero

What’s the point of the provisional feedback thread?

Feedback threads are literally a joke it seems.

Last edited by Reservoir Dog,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

It seems it’s literally impossible for people to understand that we are not required to act on feedback. We have acted on feedback in the past (removing swiftwater for example), but we are not obliged to do it because some people didnt like a map. It’s not a democracy even if you don’t like it.

Like I said, the feedback threads are a joke. Don’t be surprised if people feel stupid when you ignore them.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Permzilla

It seems it’s literally impossible for people to understand that we are not required to act on feedback. We have acted on feedback in the past (removing swiftwater for example), but we are not obliged to do it because some people didnt like a map. It’s not a democracy even if you don’t like it.

Run the league as you guys want. Not going to pretend everything has to be a democracy, but it would feel nice to have some things clarified.

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Here’s a question for you. Is a ‘shit map’ you’ve played for seasons more fun than a ‘shit map’ which is new and different to play?

shit for shit I prefer the new. At least makes you think instead of camping the pool with a healthpack

san alex

Suddenly everyone hates lakeside?

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from san alex

Suddenly everyone hates lakeside?

No. o/

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

Run the league as you guys want. Not going to pretend everything has to be a democracy, but it would feel nice to have some things clarified.

Okay, in short. In my opinion last seasons map pool combines the best maps for highlander there are currently. Keeping the same map pool for several seasons is boring, and there’s no point adding maps which have been “ok” for ages (eg Swiftwater). We’d rather introduce something new and something fresh which has the potential to grow into a staple map for future seasons. After all it’s only 1 map in the season, it really won’t make a huge difference if it isnt as successful as we hope.

Fuxx

REMOVE

I still think it’d be better to use tried maps which aren’t in etf2l like ashville first before testing around with others. UGC already tested and is still testing a ton of maps, some of which turned out to be viable but are for whatever reason shunned in etf2l. Every map in etf2l HL was an official Valve map or some slightly edited variation of it and now that we get a 100% custom one, it’s not one of the custom ones that UGC proved to be viable.

I’d rather see the transition happen first before testing with completely untried maps.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Fuxx

I still think it’d be better to use tried maps which aren’t in etf2l like ashville first before testing around with others. UGC already tested and is still testing a ton of maps, some of which turned out to be viable but are for whatever reason shunned in etf2l. Every map in etf2l HL was an official Valve map or some slightly edited variation of it and now that we get a 100% custom one, it’s not one of the custom ones that UGC proved to be viable.

I’d rather see the transition happen first before testing with completely untried maps.

Ashville has been around forever, but has it really ever been a good map? It’s the same as Swiftwater, sitting there being mediocre and not being updated.

Official maps from Valve tend to work well in Highlander, since they are aimed at public servers and Highlander offers a similar style to public servers (compared to 6v6 at least).

If these custom maps UGC ‘proved’ to be viable, why aren’t they using them right now? They have a very similar map pool to us except ramjam instead of reservoir.

I’ll say it again, I would rather give a new upcoming map a chance rather than a map shown to be mediocre (especially when the map pool is so big – you can afford to take a risk.)

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Ashville has been around forever, but has it really ever been a good map? It’s the same as Swiftwater, sitting there being mediocre and not being updated.

Official maps from Valve tend to work well in Highlander, since they are aimed at public servers and Highlander offers a similar style to public servers (compared to 6v6 at least).

If these custom maps UGC ‘proved’ to be viable, why aren’t they using them right now? They have a very similar map pool to us except ramjam instead of reservoir.

I’ll say it again, I would rather give a new upcoming map a chance rather than a map shown to be mediocre (especially when the map pool is so big – you can afford to take a risk.)

This is a such a terrible comment.

Ashville/ Coalplant: S13, S12, S11, S8, S6. Ashville is a solid part of the map pool that has been rotated out this season to try a new map which can be worked and improved on. Ashville is a solid balanced map and it will probably be back next season. The fact it has never been played in ETF2L is honestly a joke.

UGC rotates maps in and out of seasons (see steel/gravelpit) and when they add new maps, while some fail, it generally is done in an attempt to widen the map pool rather than an admin picking favourites (Reservoir, Intermodal) which are flawed in their fundamental design.

Oh and btw if you wanted to push a new map you should have used the Experimental Highlander Cup correctly rather than treating it as a joke and wasting everyone’s time.

Popcorp

But at least UGC uses custom maps that are well developed and not ultimate bullshit that are still in Alpha…Logjam came out waay before season even started and had lots of time for development while nobody even knew about Reservoir before season, that map was only introduced to us when Season was announced and im sorry Tuffy but we don’t see much of a development from your map, it’s been 2 weeks and still no new changes, i would prefer at least some changes every week, not a huge amount of changes after 4 weeks, so that way you don’t have to re-do stuff people don’t like

So yeah, it was a poor decision to introduce a map that was unknown to anyone, if you wish to introduce a new map in HL then it must be well developed already and people must be aware of it at least 1 month before season starts

Tuffy

pd!

Quoted from Popcorp

that map was only introduced to us when Season was announced and im sorry Tuffy but we don’t see much of a development from your map, it’s been 2 weeks and still no new changes,

I’m actually working on decoration, I would love to change the layout but how do you want me to do it if no one gives more feedback? I understand why everyone is upset about this map in the season, but actually the only argument I see are: “map unfinished // no experimental cup // could be replaced by better maps from ugc”. Okay fine, but it won’t help me to change something from the layout of the map. So the only thing I can do is doing decoration stuff. I will organize some doublemix on it, but if I need to create a doublemix every time the map need to be played, absolutely no team’s gonna be ready for the week 6.

Yes, the map is in the season. I was quite surprised with that, but now all the team need to be ready for the week 6. So I hope that the map will now be played without me creating that doublemix. And I will get feedback, and I will be able to change the map.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

it’s fucking cp_orange-tier, not even joking. roflmao

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »