Forum

Demos requested.

Created 2nd May 2014 @ 18:08

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

Green

Okay so, first of all, calm down, this is not a drama post.
So, here is this match: http://etf2l.org/matches/47511/
The admins requested 4 demos, 2 for each team, no one of the players lamented anything or requested anything.
So, there are these 2 questions:
1. Why do the admins want our demos so suddenly ? I thought it was to verify that someone didn’t cheat or something ? If it’s just to piss off Sabe, cool, I guess.
2. I didn’t recieve a mail, nor did my teammates that had to provide the demos. What would have happened if I didn’t just go on the match page to randomly check if all was good ? Free minor warnings ?

ondkaja

IKEA

random demo check, common procedure in ETF2L.

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

badmins

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

1. Most demo checks are random and are done to ensure that you are recording demos.

2. If you did not receive an email, make sure the email on your profile is correct and check your spam folder.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from emb

1. Most demo checks are random and are done to ensure that you are recording demos.

2. If you did not receive an email, make sure the email on your profile is correct and check your spam folder.

I’m the opposing team leader. I didn’t receive an email either, and it hasn’t been sent to another folder. If I hadn’t checked (stop taking credit, Green), then both of our teams would’ve got minor warnings.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

People forget about recording specially in lower divs, I remember times reminding everyone about recording just in case. One single tip for you if you play official upload your demo on some cloud service after the game. I use mediafire and tag them so when I need them I have easy access and can remove it from my hard drive.

Green

Yep, I also checked everything e-mail related. Still nothing.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

I’ve issued another comment with email notification on your match page. Please verify that you did not actually receive an email.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from emb

I’ve issued another comment with email notification on your match page. Please verify that you did not actually receive an email.

I received that email, just not the email that told me I needed to supply demos.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Are STV demos OK in the place of POV ones? I can’t find my POV for some reason.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Sabesaroo

Are STV demos OK in the place of POV ones? I can’t find my POV for some reason.

Nope, sorry.

Jazzman

keso

Does the etf2l forum really need to know about this? Deal with it over IRC. Admins, could you lock this thread?

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Nope, sorry.

1) Why not?

2) If they aren’t, why is there an option to upload them?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Sabesaroo

[…]

1) Why not?

2) If they aren’t, why is there an option to upload them?

1) STV Demo’s are useless for certain things we need sometimes ;)
2) STV Demo’s are a requirement to upload for Prem. And you can upload it to any match if you’d like, so other people can watch it.

Pistolvania

Why isn’t it possible to upload demos as a .dem? Sure it’s a minor thing, but it’s just annoying having to place demos into .rar archives.

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »