Forum

American teams in etf2l

Created 24th March 2014 @ 17:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Hot

Quoted from Sonny Black

What I see though is people bringing up nonsense arguments without putting any thought into it and that is something I cannot stand at all.

ಠ_ಠ

I’m pretty sure this is not the 1st topic u read. Welcome to etf2l forum

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]

Now that you mention it.

Emilio “Adolf” Estevez

jakeowaty

Bulow for president. It’s a good idea, no idea why americans get better treatment for no apparent reason.

CHERRY

Dropped teams by country*
* Database dump has been made before season started.
Fixed query and sorted it by drop percentage

Last edited by CHERRY,

Digresser

|HIGA|

Of the dropped American teams (there are three), Southern Cross Gaming really shouldn’t have had a spot in the final tables. They only had five players on their roster when the provisional divisions were announced, and that didn’t change when the final divisions were published. While this is their leader’s fault, it’s a shame it wasn’t caught in time to replace them with a different team.

Last edited by Digresser,

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Sonny Black

How do we define European? Europe? European Union? Should we ban everyone from Israel (dont shoot me its an example :D) Should we exclude everyone from Eastern Russia? Or even all of Russia? I guess most of Turkey wont be able to play anymore as well then.
After all the Americans, if they sign up, have to play at European times, on European servers with European rules. If they think they can do that, fine, sign up. Enough European teams think they can do it and in the end they drop.

Define it as strictly as you want, especially since I didn’t say to ban them. Anyone can play, but there should be some demonstration of commitment. I think the hurdle of ‘show us that you can play games’ is a very low one for a league that is about playing games. If a team can’t do that, then surely that’s a massive red flag about their ability to see out the course of the season?

In fact, the three American teams that have dropped from HL Season 6 so far give a good example of how such a system could work:

Chat2 in Div4b – three seasons of ETF2L HL, clear demonstration of ability to play on European servers in European timezones. They dropped, just like any team could.

Victorious Secret in Div5C – New team, with some players who had previously seen out the previous season. If they were in Division 5, then presumably they provided screenshots anyway???? Since new teams would otherwise start out in Div6.

Southern Cross Gaming in Div6B – Haven’t played since 2012, so essentially a blank slate + everything Digresser said. If you baulk at asking teams from outside whatever way you wish to define Europe to demonstrate that they can play there, then this is where they should be.

It’s not even changing any rules:

“If you created a new team or feel you can jump a division, feel free to apply for the division you believe you deserve you should be in. To prove you are capable of the division you applied for, we require you to submit screenshots of results from your recent practice matches or tournaments where you scored decent results against teams that play on the level you aim for.”

Leif

Quoted from CHERRY

Dropped teams by country*
* Database dump has been made before season started.
Fixed query and sorted it by drop percentage

Not really meaningful since you can choose what your flag is, but whatever.

Anyway etf2l cant force people not to play just because they are not european so only actual solution is to put them in the same brackets and be sure they are willing to partecipate by checking screens vs eu teams on signup.

Though I would be happy with no rus eheh

Last edited by Leif,

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

I wasnt referring to you at all with my post Bulow. Not sure if it should or will be a requirement. But genereally its at least no nonsense. :>

CHERRY

Quoted from Leif

[…]
Not really meaningful since you can choose what your flag is, but whatever.

Anyway etf2l cant force people not to play just because they are not european so only actual solution is to put them in the same brackets and be sure they are willing to partecipate by checking screens vs eu teams on signup.

Though I would be happy with no rus eheh

But most people choose either their flag or ‘funny’ one like Seychelles’ so you can just ignore them.

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Sonny Black

I wasnt referring to you at all with my post Bulow. Not sure if it should or will be a requirement. But genereally its at least no nonsense. :>

Sorry, you were running through a lot of the arguments and knocking them on their head, and I thought that was where mine fitted in!

Leif

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
But most people choose either their flag or ‘funny’ one like Seychelles’ so you can just ignore them.

Yeah I know. I wasnt really saying that statistics is useless, but rather pointing out that it isnt that accurate either.

I think we all agree that, whatever the survey is, nationality is only one of possible reasons of a team dropping, and not even the most important.

Last edited by Leif,

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]

Now that you mention it.

Later kcot

jakeowaty

Where is the drama, I NEED IT!

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

We had plans to cater American divisions after they voiced their disappointment in the current NA leagues, sadly that process has a lot of stuff to iron out.

Putting NA teams under more scrutiny could be one of the possible outcomes for our current system.
The point is: if we don’t make the right decision at the beginning of the seasons, it will hurt the other teams in their division.

That being said, we welcome anyone with the skill and the will to test their (and our) strength anywhere along the skill-scope. If there are American teams that show that they’re worth their salt, it would be foolish of us to outright deny them that chance.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I pity the fool who angers Sonny Black. I do! I do!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »