Forum

Dropping/Replacing a team.

Created 21st September 2013 @ 21:51

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Leif

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
that’s what I wanted to hear and yet no one is commenting something useful.

To be clear:
– they manage to play the remaining matches with a replacement/merc -> those no-shows counts and their opponents have earned 6 free points
– they get 2 consecutive no-show -> they get removed and all results are invalidated
– they get 3 no show (not necessarily in a row) -> same applys
– they drop before the season ends -> same applys

Last edited by Leif,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

So much whining in here that nobody sees that they already defaulted their first match!

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from kKaltUu

So much whining in here that nobody sees that they already defaulted their first match!

Quoted from Phnx

Well I didn’t see that one coming, the team didn’t show up for the official.
and the other team gets 6 points for free, how very nice for them.

gg on reading forum threads!

Last edited by Monkeh,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

[…]

gg on reading forum threads!

I’m staying out of this thread now, the only posts I skimmed were all QQ :(

synKas

Quoted from Spike Himself

And then they could lie.

Then what?

Then nothing I guess? Not everyone has good sportsmanship. You could make them sit out the next season if they cause troubble this season, but thats probably not the best way to deal with it :S

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

people psychopedagogy too much in this thread!

Python

NO DIV 6 WINNERS MEDAL FOR ME, GODDAMN TEAMS THAT DROP ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHH

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

And then they could lie.

Then what?

Wtf Spike? Anyone can lie at any time. That isn’t a reason to stop using questions as a method of obtaining information from people. If you assume good faith, things will work perfectly well about 90% of the time, and the remainder you can deal with as it arises (a trick I use in low information situations is to either be charming or a dick so that the words of their reply are cast in light of their emotional response).

I’ve explained this before on autism forums. It’s sad/inefficient when people use a handful of bad experiences to limit their connections with the people around them.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Wtf Spike? Anyone can lie at any time. That isn’t a reason to stop using questions as a method of obtaining information from people. If you assume good faith, things will work perfectly well about 90% of the time, and the remainder you can deal with as it arises (a trick I use in low information situations is to either be charming or a dick so that the words of their reply are cast in light of their emotional response).

I’ve explained this before on autism forums. It’s sad/inefficient when people use a handful of bad experiences to limit their connections with the people around them.

What you want installed is a court to question everyone and dispense justice.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from fraac

[…]

o.O

Did you also read the string of posts mine was a reply to? I think you’re not quite getting my point.

If we ask a team if they are going to be dropping, and they tell us that they are not (be it a lie or simply because they don’t have the intention (yet?)), they can still drop later on, rendering the whole process entirely stupid. Plus nobody has the patience or time to interview 300 teams regarding any line-up issues they may or may not have.

Anyway, CanFo already explained it, and a lot better than I could, so just ignore me, yeah? :)

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Did you also read the string of posts mine was a reply to? I think you’re not quite getting my point.

Sorry, it looked like a direct reply to mine.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from LimeBowler

How’s this team even in the Season with only 5 players on the roster? You need a minimum of 6 to participate.

You need a minimum of 6 to *sign up*.

You need a minimum of 5 to be eligible to play a match.

Quoted from LimeBowler

All it needs is for an admin to send them an email or chat request to ask them if they intend to get a 6th and continue. If they don’t respond or can’t get a 6th, tough titties, replace them with a team that actually wants to put some effort into it.

Like emb said, apply for admin, and do it yourself :)
You’ll quickly discover why we don’t do this.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

You need a minimum of 6 to *sign up*.

You need a minimum of 5 to be eligible to play a match.

Does that not strike anyone else as being a little bit silly?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

Does that not strike anyone else as being a little bit silly?

1 Player leaving the team mid season would mean not being allowed to play officials with a merc untill you can find a replacement.

Spike Himself

TC

You sign up for a 6v6 competition, so naturally you are going to need 6 people in your team.

Despite having 6 in your team, it is possible that someone can’t play (or is in the process of being replaced!) and the opponent is not allowing you any mercs, so we still let you play with 5.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »