Forum

nation cup?

Created 8th June 2013 @ 22:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »

Bulow

GG

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Nah it’s definitely true. The best pocket in 6v6 will probably be better at heavy than any highlander-only player.

Lel.

Might be true, might not be. I’d say you need to have plenty of experience to be a good heavy. Similarly it would be better having a guy who mains pyro in hl (unless all the spies are also just exclusively 6v6 players).

unu

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

I guess so, but Kuratess is actually the best heavy ever. Kind of rude to implay that kind of things of him.

Fix’d

nibo

elev8
eerie

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Nah it’s definitely true. The best pocket in 6v6 will probably be better at heavy than any highlander-only player.

not even close to the point that im trying to make but whatever

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Bulow

[…]

Lel.

Might be true, might not be. I’d say you need to have plenty of experience to be a good heavy. Similarly it would be better having a guy who mains pyro in hl (unless all the spies are also just exclusively 6v6 players).

why

nibo

elev8
eerie

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

why

same reason having lots of experience in 6v6 is good…am i being trolled rite now

irfx

EPA

From my experience I can say that hardcore spies/pyros/engis are better than skilled 6v6 players that take these classes. Other classes must have good 6v6 experience (around prem-d2) to be better than hardcore hl players that never or barely played 6v6. And good heavies may come from def sollies, but may not as well.

unu

Quoted from irfx

From my experience I can say that hardcore spies/pyros/engis are better than skilled 6v6 players that take these classes. Other classes must have good 6v6 experience (around prem-d2) to be better than hardcore hl players that never or barely played 6v6. And good heavies may come from def sollies, but may not as well.

Truth

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from nibo

[…]
same reason having lots of experience in 6v6 is good…am i being trolled rite now

No, I’m just wondering why it would be better to have a main HL pyro than a 6v6 player off-classing. There’s a reason why top HL teams are dominated by players who are mainly high division 6v6 players, and that’s because 6v6 requires more skill than highlander. The assumption that Stark is a better heavy than Ruskeydoo, despite having virtually no highlander experience, is probably correct. His skill comes from being a good 6v6 player.

Not even trying to be elitist or something, but 6v6 is way more competitive, and thus people who are actively playing 6v6 improve faster than people who are exclusively playing highlander. You drive faster in a ferrari than a lada, so to speak.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

To be fair Ruskeydoo probably isn’t even the best Heavy from England in HL, see Sad Panda. Stark is an intelligent player, probably fit on the class well so long as he learns the maps. Problem with EU HL is the scene is underdeveloped however I still think England has some good players that are being ignored, players like Sad Panda on Heavy, Grenjabob or Sookie on Spy that are more than worth their weight on that team.

Last edited by Hildreth,

irfx

EPA

Panda > Ruskey
Sookie > Hurri

just sayin’

Enders Flame

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]
No, I’m just wondering why it would be better to have a main HL pyro than a 6v6 player off-classing. There’s a reason why top HL teams are dominated by players who are mainly high division 6v6 players, and that’s because 6v6 requires more skill than highlander. The assumption that Stark is a better heavy than Ruskeydoo, despite having virtually no highlander experience, is probably correct. His skill comes from being a good 6v6 player.

The reason high div hl teams win is not because of their superior spies, engies, heavies and pyros imo. It’s their superior skills on the other classes. Those classes I beleive there are class specific stuff that would distinguish someone who played hl on those classes consistently. It’s not all about aim. I hope some top HL only players are picked but as Anoobis said it is up to individual teams. I therefore hope teams picking those players do well!

nibo

elev8
eerie

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]
but 6v6 is way more competitive, and thus people who are actively playing 6v6 improve faster than people who are exclusively playing highlander

i’ll agree with this

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]
No, I’m just wondering why it would be better to have a main HL pyro than a 6v6 player off-classing

but lets be honest you most likely havent played pyro, spy, engi and maybe other classes in hl so i dont understand how you can say this and be able to back it up

Enders Flame

Quoted from Hildreth

To be fair Ruskeydoo probably isn’t even the best Heavy from England in HL, see Sad Panda. Stark is an intelligent player, probably fit on the class well so long as he learns the maps. Problem with EU HL is the scene is underdeveloped however I still think England has some good players that are being ignored, players like Sad Panda on Heavy, Grenjabob or Sookie on Spy that are more than worth their weight on that team.

Panda or Pinky and prob others I agree could sub without any discernible difference imo. Seriously get one of them involved! It’s not too late.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Rob!

An example, I’ve heard from the grape vines that Stark is playing heavy over Rusky. I’ve also heard that Stark doesnt play heavy at all.

how dare you
I almost have 24 hours of heavy in the 4 years Ive played

byte

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poCGUtSd4Q0

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »