Forum

nation cup?

Created 8th June 2013 @ 22:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 Next »

Look at what you’ve caused kaidus

you fucking asshole

trams

-><-

Not always better with 6vs6 players in highlander, look at Sabasaba, yonus, J0rmund and others in colony.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Honestly, the 6v6 players will have better comms/ work better as a team. It’s just a question if they can match that up with equal skill as some of the hl players.

Hildreth raised a good point about the heavy choice. Stark without too many hours? But then the only other option is Ruskey and whilst sure he’s a good heavy, he’s not exactly the best. Sad Panda would do a better job of it than both I’m sure.

Not too bothered about what happens as long as the predominantly 6v6 based hl team takes it seriously. Not like too many other teams are any different. Also looks like loveless is on pyro and not buttnose so that settles my only fear for the team.

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from Tomu

Not too bothered about what happens as long as the predominantly 6v6 based hl team takes it seriously. Not like too many other teams are any different. Also looks like loveless is on pyro and not buttnose so that settles my only fear for the team.

Yup my thoughts exactly. I dont mind 6v6 players playing it at all, as long as they are fully committed and want to do their country proud.

Candle

Quoted from irfx

From my experience I can say that hardcore spies/pyros/engis are better than skilled 6v6 players that take these classes. Other classes must have good 6v6 experience (around prem-d2) to be better than hardcore hl players that never or barely played 6v6. And good heavies may come from def sollies, but may not as well.

QFT

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Rob!

Yup my thoughts exactly. I dont mind 6v6 players playing it at all, as long as they are fully committed and want to do their country proud.

I’ll do you proud for queen and country

onv

the thing is , any decent 6s prem player can play pyro hl and they’ll reach the same level as pyro mains with 1400 hours played , after a few matches.

that’s just the harsh reality man , 6v6 players are the alpha males , haven’t you seen the fucking lan pictures

Last edited by onv,

kaidus

WiK?

6/9 of my team participated in the most recent etf2l highlander season, one was backup for a top team, one is shintaz playing his main, meaning only one player has been brought in fresh from 6s. Just because people don’t play highlander pugs does not mean they are not highlander players. If you look at top 6s players you will see a lot who only play organised games with their team, and take no active part in the community, but you wouldn’t say they aren’t 6s players.

Last edited by kaidus,

Tuto

8-)

Who cares…the nations cup is about picking the best players to represent your country. If its 6s players in this case, why should kaidus even take a risk with a hl player he doesn’t even know about.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Why does it matter how many hours Stark has on heavy? It’s heavy, he can figure out the positioning and he has the aim down.

This isn’t world of warcraft were you go up a level the more you play no matter how sucky you are.

Also I just read most of this thread in one go so the point about trying to make it more fun and interesting with the restriction of players is bullshit. There will still be interesting games and the players getting rolled by the pros will still have fun. Look at LAN were the low div teams get stomped but they still have a nice time trying.

Stop trying to dictate what is fun and what will be fun, there are going to be close and interesting games not matter what you do and people will enjoy it. You know who wont enjoy it? The players who get benched despite being the best at their class cos of some silly player rule limit

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
I’ll do you proud for queen and country

<3

atmo

I’d like to go back to the team-limit thing.

There is money on the line here. A €1000 prize pool. You want to “level the playing field” in a tournament that is for a cash prize? That is ridiculous. If a “mix” national team feels hard done by having to play against the four Swedes of broder or the three Germans from Epsilon then they should practise more, not rely on the constraints of some nonsensical rule to hold their opponents back.

If the 6v6 NC tournament were for some mousepads, it might make some sense to have these “fun tournament” ground rules, but this is clearly far beyond that.

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from atmo

I’d like to go back to the team-limit thing.

There is money on the line here. A €1000 prize pool. You want to “level the playing field” in a tournament that is for a cash prize? That is ridiculous. If a “mix” national team feels hard done by having to play against the four Swedes of broder or the three Germans from Epsilon then they should practise more, not rely on the constraints of some nonsensical rule to hold their opponents back.

If the 6v6 NC tournament were for some mousepads, it might make some sense to have these “fun tournament” ground rules, but this is clearly far beyond that.

money serious business

atmo

CREAM.

Anyway, I guess my indignance was for nothing:

There are no restrictions on which players you can pick for your national your team, as long as they are of your country’s nationality and are eligible to play in ETF2L.

:D

nibo

elev8
eerie

Quoted from CommanderX

Why does it matter how many hours Stark has on heavy?

again, not the point. why not use a div1 heavy that is proven to be good rather than someone that ‘might’ be good

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 Next »