Forum

sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 2 please

Created 23rd May 2013 @ 19:03

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

I dont see why it should be 0, as it favours people with better monitors (and while there will always be some pay to win element, surely you want to keep it to a minimum)

Kaneco

Next topic: Ban “r_drawviewmodel 0” plyz

I’m sick of these cheaters that use this unfair advantage against me, I have always played with viewmodels and these people have an unfair advantage against me, clearly they can see more pixels than me so it must be banned.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON’T LIKE

AnimaL

sv_restrict_max_hz 60 while we are at it please

MARIANO

BREAKING NEWS:

RULE CHANGE – ASPECT RATIO 16:9/16:10 IS NOW BANNED, ALL PLAYERS ARE FORCED TO USE 4:3

BEST REGARDS ETF2L STAFF

NO FUN ALLOWED

CHEERS BYTE

Last edited by MARIANO,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

I agree, force only 3:4 resolutions.

Ban r_drawviewmodel 0.

Ban caption modifications.

Ban high quality shadows.

Ban usage of drivers tools to bypass mat_picmip.

Ban modifications that remove gun impact effects (this cripples fps, so people who have it disabled have an advantage).

Most of these can be verified with screenshots.

Leif

I’d like to have my personal preference pleased, which is sv_cheats 1. Please, it’s personal preference

Setsul

Quoted from Casual

I agree, force only 3:4 resolutions.

Ban r_drawviewmodel 0.

Ban caption modifications.

Ban high quality shadows.

Ban usage of drivers tools to bypass mat_picmip.

Ban modifications that remove gun impact effects (this cripples fps, so people who have it disabled have an advantage).

Most of these can be verified with screenshots.

Ban OpenPlugin
oh wait

Link!

.:ne:.

after 5 years ppl start making a big deal about all this crap

xzr

you’re a fucking retard

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Admirable

This is actually something being considered by admins at present.

Can someone (skeej) please make a clear and concise case for keeping it at 0, so I don’t have to trawl through various threads? :D

Not sure if trolling?

I mean like, seriously? I had discussions with nearly every league and head admin on #etf2l #tf.europe and #etf2l.admins on various occasions and replied to nearly every admin that posted about this in previous topics. I even posted around a pastebin log where most stuff was discussed as well. I repeated every argument a million times and rebutted every possible argument for sv_restrict_aspect 2. Why should I repeat the argument now, when past experiences have taught me that people either won’t listen or will forget in 2 days again?

On the off chance that you’re actually serious, I will drop all side arguments for my own sake, and put forth the main argument that goes on in favor of aspect 2, which is that “people with certain monitors have advantages over other people”:

Everyone can run any resolution they want and therefore any horizontalfov they want so everyone is equal.

I previously typed that sentence in caps with every word on a new line with an empty line between every word, but I think this post already has a high enough angry-nerd ratio as it is.

If one says: [ whiny voice ] “well my monitor is too small or my pc is too slow for windowed mode” (newsflash, you can run custom resolutions fullscreen btw), then Animal has the answer for you:

Quoted from AnimaL

sv_restrict_max_hz 60 while we are at it please

If you think about it, we SHOULD ban 120hz monitors or framerates over 60, because there are no software based workarounds to achieving the same result as someone who owns a 120hz monitor. Sounds pretty ridiculous right? Yeah, thats what I mean.

Last edited by skeej,

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

This thread is even more retarded than the open plugin thread.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

http://www.seo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/What-is-going-on-in-the-SERPS.jpg

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Thanks for clarifying that skeej. Sorry for any distress caused :D

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Admirable

Thanks for clarifying that skeej. Sorry for any distress caused :D

<3

Setsul

Everyone is either happy or mad right now and i had a highly entertaining thread to read today.
Thread successful, can be closed now.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »