Forum

sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 2 please

Created 23rd May 2013 @ 19:03

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Setsul

Imho sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 2 would make sense for etf2l matches.
Since fov plugins both client- and serverside are banned now there is no need to keep this at 0.

If the higher horizontal fov achieved through aspect ratios higher than 1.85:1 is an advantage, then there is no reason to allow it if higher fov is generally banned.
If the higher h. fov is not an advantage, then banning it shouldn’t be an issue and again there’s no reason for allowing it anymore.

sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 2 instead of just 1 (default) so no one can bypass it by creating a custom resolution in the drivers or using an eyefinity setup.

Please etf2l, show some consistency regarding higher fov.

Discuss

MIndYe

[hePPa]

How about just allowing higher fov. Because, you know, it’s personal preference.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Wow and if Casual’s recent topic didn’t make me facepalm enough yet…

Every littlest thing about fov has already been said and discussed to death, and by providing “my first fov discussion” arguments in the op you clearly prove that you haven’t delved well enough in previous discussions.

Answer is no.

For reasons: read old topics.

Last edited by skeej,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I like 360 vertical fov. So admins discuss..!

arD

-[S2L]

Why do you think personal preferences should be banned? You clearly say that if higher fov is just personal preference it should be banned. If we restrict fov we must also ban huds and custom bindings because there is no advantage when using them besides accurate health values on enemies and friends.

Last edited by arD,

rockie

Quoted from skeej

Wow and if Casual’s recent topic didn’t make me facepalm enough yet…

Every littlest thing about fov has already been said and discussed to death, and by providing “my first fov discussion” arguments in the op you clearly prove that you haven’t delved well enough in previous discussions.

Answer is no.

For reasons: read old topics.

^

Setsul

Quoted from arD

Why do you think personal preferences should be banned? You clearly say that if higher fov is just personal preference it should be banned. If we restrict fov we must also ban huds and custom bindings because there is no advantage when using them besides accurate health values on enemies and friends.

We have to ban all huds if we ban one.
If it is forbidden to use server plugins (tftrue) to get higher fov then aspect ratios achieving the same must be banned too.

Sketch

MM

Nuggggggh!

arD

-[S2L]

We should not ban things that have been in the game since the beginning.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

*dies*

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

shhh setsul just shh

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from arD

We should not ban things that have been in the game since the beginning.

waaaaaat

arD

-[S2L]

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
waaaaaat

you have always been able to get higher fov with custom resolution?
or have i completely misunderstood the topic? =D

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

This is actually something being considered by admins at present.

Can someone (skeej) please make a clear and concise case for keeping it at 0, so I don’t have to trawl through various threads? :D

Spike Himself

TC

dont worry guys i got this

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »