Forum

Maps for season 15 :O

Created 11th March 2013 @ 15:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 Next »

People are suggesting the same old bad maps that barely got any attention in polls. I personally loved Freight, but it’s such a stupid map for 6v6, especially compared to the others. Same story with Obscure and Warmfront…

Quoted from kaidus

replace granary with a fixed up granary_pro.

Afaik, the “pro” version made the map less “pro” and it’s basically an unfinished project. Not sure why you would want it in. :/

Leif

The point with freight was not only pushing last and trains (which are fun :D).
2nd is as bad as last, especially to hold and to push out to mid. And snipers.
Baically everything in that map is horribly done excluding mid which is ok (to be honest is one of my favourite but the fact that it is so sniper friendly and big make it much less fun).

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

Afaik, the “pro” version made the map less “pro” and it’s basically an unfinished project. Not sure why you would want it in. :/

cp_granary_proest seems to have improved upon pro a lot.

Godof

How about a pool instead of this subject..? It seems useless because there’s a big variety of opinions.
Anyways here’s my opinion on some of the maps that got suggested :
-Freight- pretty much what Russian Guyovich&Cunlico said- lots of people want to get it back,then recall why it was removed.
-Viaduct- could be a nice addition, prefer viaduct_pro though.
-Gravelpit- many of you etf2lers said why it was shitty enough to remove: Being boring to watch, takes a lot of time to play,complicated tactics.. The majority doesn’t like this map,and it shouldn’t be played.
-Turbine- just… no. who the hell even likes this map?
-All of the maps in s14 should remain, switching to granary_pro could be a nice addition but I don’t know much about it.

to sum up just go s14 maps+ viaduct if you want a sixth but that’s it.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Godof

-Turbine- just… no. who the hell even likes this map?

turbine’s sick

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Think it’s about time we chill the flip out and wait for what premiership players will decide upon.

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
turbine’s sick

shut up

Henghast

open
bobs

I actually enjoyed Turbine, but that probably has more to do with the fact we had practice and strats for it and roflstomped most people we played on it.

Which is an other problem when people are making these choices. There’s too much of a I liked X because I had fun when I played it last and not enough considered thought. Yes I know I’m asking people to analyse and consider maps on their design merits and put proper thought into it but who knows maybe if they do and write out said thoughts we could have a good discussion and not just WOO OBSCURE or BOOO OBSCURE.

Flippy

LEGO
DA!

Unknown maps, could be great to have to work on new strats, rollouts and shit.

laerin

-9w-

Keep the same maps, no need to change it for the sake of it being different the next season.

Would rather be consistent until maps like process come out which are well received all round than just revisiting stuff we already removed because people started to miss them.

This season has the best map pool so far. Anything else, for now at least, would be inferior.

easyGame

At least 2 maps with different gamemodes… too much cp5 this season.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

If you want a map that isn’t cp5 let’s just play Dustbowl, at least we know it.

Septique

Quoted from laerin

Keep the same maps, no need to change it for the sake of it being different the next season.

Would rather be consistent until maps like process come out which are well received all round than just revisiting stuff we already removed because people started to miss them.

This season has the best map pool so far. Anything else, for now at least, would be inferior.

+1

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from fraac

If you want a map that isn’t cp5 let’s just play Dustbowl, at least we know it.

Pretty sure deathless/pitchfork used to rape on dustbowl back in the day :D

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

People are suggesting the same old bad maps that barely got any attention in polls. I personally loved Freight, but it’s such a stupid map for 6v6, especially compared to the others. Same story with Obscure and Warmfront…

[…]

a FIXED UP granary pro

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 Next »