Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

trumors

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

One soldier’s fun is another medic’s nightmare…or something.

Just curios, as a fellow Medic, why do you see trading shotgun for gunboats a bad day for Medic? I mean I understand the benefits of gunboats, but having shotgun makes him more dangerous (imho). Anyway, the upcoming season will give me the answer I guess.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
That is interesting, because as far as I know the decision has not been made yet.

Huhy admin of the season!!!

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

[…]

Just curios, as a fellow Medic, why do you see trading shotgun for gunboats a bad day for Medic? I mean I understand the benefits of gunboats, but having shotgun makes him more dangerous (imho). Anyway, the upcoming season will give me the answer I guess.

Basically it means that there’s a Soldier in midair going for you at any given time. Yes, the actual threat in a 1v1 situation is diminished; but the Soldier trades that for about a dozen more tries per map.

Over time the suicidal soldiers will calm down a bit and be more effective, but the higher pace stands. Which is a good thing in my opinion. More airshots. Always good!

Setlet

Escape plan and gunboats are somewhat a mediocre nerf to the demoman. I should do a compilation with sad music of soldiers managing to go behind a corner (out of my pipe/sticky reach) and therefore escape with the Escape plan. Maybe it would change your minds :)

inb4 TviQ

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Just take a gamble. Add everything, let the whiners quit, and we might actually have a decent community with an enjoyable competitive scene. Worst comes to worst, a bunch of prem teams leave, their spots get filled, and we have a slightly lower skilled league that doesn’t matter anyway to 95% of the teams who play in this league.

Or just play vanilla. Because when you allow a couple of unlocks, you’re going to see justification threads for every unlock under the sun (by me mostly), and it’s all going to still come down to what a couple of prem teams / players want. Might as well just keep it simple either way.

I still vote for allow all… ban anything that is proven to be completely broken, or massively unsuitable for 6v6 play (heavy justification required). Still, no one cares what I think and never has, so I’ll just go back to commentating TF2 games blindfolded because the fights are so predictable and mundane ;)

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

As far as the internal unlock debates go, we’re still jumping back and forth between making you play 6v6 with demoknights and outlawing everything, including hats.

Last edited by emb,

Quoted from AcidReniX

Just take a gamble. Add everything, let the whiners quit, and we might actually have a decent community with an enjoyable competitive scene. Worst comes to worst, a bunch of prem teams leave, their spots get filled, and we have a slightly lower skilled league that doesn’t matter anyway to 95% of the teams who play in this league.

Or just play vanilla. Because when you allow a couple of unlocks, you’re going to see justification threads for every unlock under the sun (by me mostly), and it’s all going to still come down to what a couple of prem teams / players want. Might as well just keep it simple either way.

I still vote for allow all… ban anything that is proven to be completely broken, or massively unsuitable for 6v6 play (heavy justification required). Still, no one cares what I think and never has, so I’ll just go back to commentating TF2 games blindfolded because the fights are so predictable and mundane ;)

We’ve been playing with unlocks every season since they’ve come out; ETF2L hasn’t been unlock free since the game was. You’re more then welcome to try and make unlocks threads to try and justify them in the same way medlocks are.

Is unpredictability something we really want to strive for in competitive games? maybe we should turn crits on or damage spread on too? I don’t want 6v6 to turn out like highlander, which is an eyesore to watch due to it being a mixed race miscarriage of bright lights and brain damage (although fun to play dont get me wrong)

I think a lack of randomness is exactly what allows skill to have grip on any sport, and without that we aren’t a competitive scene; we’re a coin flip to 1st place.

again, my 2p

AcidReniX

It was kind of a troll post more than anything, I’ve actually gone beyond caring about the outcome, but I’ll still vent my ‘radical’ opinions :)

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from AcidReniX

Just.. whatever you do.. just no.. please?

AcidReniX

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Is unpredictability something we really want to strive for in competitive games? maybe we should turn crits on or damage spread on too? I don’t want 6v6 to turn out like highlander, which is an eyesore to watch due to it being a mixed race miscarriage of bright lights and brain damage (although fun to play dont get me wrong)

I wouldn’t really suggest unlocks are on the same par as randomness. It’s a tactical decision to switch what unlocks you are running, though I understand where you are coming from. Still, the real skill is being able to adapt, even when your enemy has countered your unlock choice. There aren’t exactly sets of unlocks that hard counter another complete rollout in this game, but you will have certain unlocks that provide an advantage against others… often a small advantage. Seeing a soldier is running a direct hit should probably suggest that it’s a high risk to jump that player, so you have to adapt your strategy and realise that their team now has less splash damage output, so utilise that aspect in your team fight.

MEGAMIDDIE

Kritz is too unpredictable, I believe we should ban it.

*I wrote something even stupider and someone might have taken it too seriously, it is now gone*

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Chaplain

I think a lack of randomness is exactly what allows skill to have grip on any sport, and without that we aren’t a competitive scene

Ha, winning i46 with vanilla settings NA teams easily showed that a bit of their “randomness” aka unlocks do no harm to their skill.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

This is gonna be messy.

Bighomer

ƒusg

Quoted from emb

… including hats.

you monster

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »