Forum

I'm the last one to complain about any admin/s, but

Created 29th November 2012 @ 12:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Spike Himself

However, all of this is 100% irrelevant, because default dates are set only when teams have not managed to agree on a date themselves!

This isn’t true with the ultiduo cup number 4 sponsored by nervousENERGY though is it?

Default dates were/are set automatically.

Trane

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

It is on the match page already :P

What? The full schedule history? For all players to see? I must be blind then.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Muuki

[…]It was not possible to try and get a better default date due to them being set instantly after the matchpage had gone live

Oh, did that really happen?
I completely missed that. Oops. I’ll shut up now then :p

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

See how fucking broken it is then?

Why is this broken? I do that all the time in 6vs6. Propose a few weeks in advance, when I know our team can play normally. If the other team is lazy, or lacking interest, I can always get a default date because they didnt respond or took interest in scheduling. Seems fair. You reward the team that puts most effort in getting the game started.

All scheduling conflicts can be avoided, if you put time and effort in it. If you don’t put time and effort in it, you will sometimes end up like OP.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Muuki

[…]It was not possible to try and get a better default date due to them being set instantly after the matchpage had gone live.

The system is fine in my opinion, but you need something else for cups

If anyone is catering to default hunters its Retshock, they wouldn’t be in this mess if he’d proposed a date on the scheduler or at least written a date on the match page. Perhaps he was nieve to think people would rather play than win, but there are some people out there who’d rather win than play, its not against the rules.

arD

-[S2L]

Quoted from Andee

[…]

Why is this broken? I do that all the time in 6vs6. Propose a few weeks in advance, when I know our team can play normally. If the other team is lazy, or lacking interest, I can always get a default date because they didnt respond or took interest in scheduling. Seems fair. You reward the team that puts most effort in getting the game started.

All scheduling conflicts can be avoided, if you put time and effort in it. If you don’t put time and effort in it, you will sometimes end up like OP.

Point here was that Ultiduo cup #4 knockout stage makes default dates instantly when match page is live

Hallow

P.O.P

Wait. As I understand it a team that is potentially a winner of the cup got a default loss against a team that hasn’t proven themselves at all. Right? And that default loss wasn’t even that fair. The way I see it this is a community league, and the community probably cares more about this being a good tournament then some russians getting a win they (presumably) didn’t deserve anyway.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Because of the short match weeks in this tournament (3-4 days per match), it was not possible to use the regular default date system.

Not setting any default dates is also not an option and will only result in chaos, as demonstrated multiple times whenever teams get the chance to freely schedule a match.

The only viable option in this case were fixed default dates. All default dates have been public for 3 weeks on the cup page now (and were also published on the frontpage with the announcements twice). If you expected to make it far in this tournament, you had 3 weeks to rearrange any appointments on these days.

The default win questioned by Retsh0ck was entered 17 minutes after the scheduled time and there is no indication the screenshots used as proof have been fabricated. If you have any proof that someone fabricates proof to unjustifiably get a default win, please talk to the admin staff. I will gladly punish anyone who does this.

Snyyppis

RLM

Punish me canfo!

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Snyyppis

Punish me canfo!

Ok, Ima change your flag

AnimaL

Quoted from CanFo

The default win questioned by Retsh0ck was entered 17 minutes after the scheduled time and there is no indication the screenshots used as proof have been fabricated. If you have any proof that someone fabricates proof to unjustifiably get a default win, please talk to the admin staff. I will gladly punish anyone who does this.

so there is no screenshot?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]so there is no screenshot?

As I stated above, there is:
Quoted from CanFo

The default win questioned by Retsh0ck was entered 17 minutes after the scheduled time and there is no indication the screenshots used as proof have been fabricated

AnimaL

as stated above
Quoted from MIndYe

Where can we find this screenshot BTW?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from AnimaL

as stated above
[…]

They are linked in the admin comments for that mach (not visible for the public – yet).

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from CanFo

Because of the short match weeks in this tournament (3-4 days per match), it was not possible to use the regular default date system.

Not setting any default dates is also not an option and will only result in chaos, as demonstrated multiple times whenever teams get the chance to freely schedule a match.

The only viable option in this case were fixed default dates. All default dates have been public for 3 weeks on the cup page now (and were also published on the frontpage with the announcements twice). If you expected to make it far in this tournament, you had 3 weeks to rearrange any appointments on these days.

I’m not the one who needs to prove anything, they do. they need to PROVE I wasn’t there at the specific time – and there are no time logs on the screenshot – hence my plea that the screenshot IS fabricated unless proven otherwise. and like I said, they could’ve taken this screenshot 3 months ago as far as we know. THEY need to prove that it was actually last night.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Retshock, just go on a tf2 server now and take a screenshot with you and Psun, then say you actually were on the server in time and you forgot that you took the screenshot. The admins have no proof to the contrary so they’ll have to force a replay! ;)

exactly my point.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »