Forum

I'm the last one to complain about any admin/s, but

Created 29th November 2012 @ 12:25

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

we were supposed to play these russians in ultiduo, but apparently they made a dirty move and claimed a default win by fabricating a screenshot. I’ve talked to an admin about it, but his common sense ( or however else you want to call it ) just didn’t work. http://pastebin.com/t6cJ9veQ

Spike Himself

TC

From a completely objective point of view, looking at the match page, I can state these facts:
– No scheduling attempts were made by either team
– A default date was set (as a result of the above)
– No rescheduling attempts were made
– No dates, times or other agreements were mentioned in the comments

(scheduling attempts = using the calendar to propose dates http://etf2l.org/wp/wp-admin/index.php?page=fix )

Sorry Ret, but you don’t have much of a case here I’m afraid.

If you did indeed agree on a date/time with your opponent, it’s up to you to prove this.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Jose

Lutunen

Seems that these russians have won almost all their matches by default wins

Last edited by Jose,

rtan

-9w-

Surely an admin has to look at the teams previous games and say “welp, this goes against the spirit of competition, we’ll make them reschedule and play the game.”

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Retard me is retard…

Last edited by MIndYe,

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from rtan

Surely an admin has to look at the teams previous games and say “welp, this goes against the spirit of competition, we’ll make them reschedule and play the game.”

Why exactly? All default wins were legitimately claimed.

maidos

http://etf2l.org/teams/16210/
this doesnt look suspicious at all

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Panromir

[…]

Why exactly? All default wins were legitimately claimed.

You think claiming 3 default wins and (probably) not offering to reschedule even once is ok? Do ETF2L support fair play?

If a team couldn’t make the date and couldn’t use their wildcard for any reason, I’d like to think I’d reschedule if my team had time to.

I understand your point, but still, I think the admins have to look to see if the team is taking the piss out of the rules or not.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

If you have a default date assigned and you haven’t re-arranged it in the calendar then you can’t really blame anyone else when a team claims a default win against you for not being there at the time you’re supposed to be. Why would you ever give your opponent the option of a default win? The last people to blame for your loss are the admins.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Send a new proposal before the default date and get the other team to accept it. Simples.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from rtan

[…]

You think claiming 3 default wins and (probably) not offering to reschedule even once is ok? Do ETF2L support fair play?

If a team couldn’t make the date and couldn’t use their wildcard for any reason, I’d like to think I’d reschedule if my team had time to.

I understand your point, but still, I think the admins have to look to see if the team is taking the piss out of the rules or not.

Looking at the cup page, this tournament has had strict default date times and days from the start, with the option to re-schedule. I don’t see how it’s taking the piss out of the rules to play on the dates/times that have been listed on the page since it began.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Never use steam, always use the match pages, can’t trust PEOPLE. This is why i always ignore friends requests from enemy team leaders.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

What Spike said
+
The correct screenshot was submitted at the correct time at the correct place.
There is no reason that leads me/us to believe the screenshot is fabricated, thats only your assumption.

You didnt know the rules properly (Why is the Default Date on the 28th? Well, check the ultiduo hub.)

At least 1 (maybe 2) of the Default Wins the other team got were given to them from the other team, they didnt even claim them.

@MInd Demos of them sitting on the server for 15 min? P-rec doesnt trigger unless both teams ready up, although you can obviously record that manually. But its not a requirement to get a Default Win.
Edit Got it yourself :D

Hi atmoic

Sup msh

Edit actually nvm :>

Last edited by Sonny Black,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from SnowiE

[…]

Looking at the cup page, this tournament has had strict default date times and days from the start, with the option to re-schedule. I don’t see how it’s taking the piss out of the rules to play on the dates/times that have been listed on the page since it began.

I never said this team were taking the piss out of the rules, because I have no idea what happened with regards to the other default dates. Sorry I probably worded it badly, should have said ‘a’ team and not ‘the’ team. But let’s say this team are default hunting, and an admin suspects it. But technically the team are not breaking any rules and just forcing through the default dates and are unwilling to reschedule. Can the admin step in if this happens all too often or is there nothing he can do?

Just babbling… apologies!

Last edited by rtan,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Where can we find this screenshot BTW?

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »