Forum

I'm the last one to complain about any admin/s, but

Created 29th November 2012 @ 12:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

MoZz

5 matches, 3 default wins. Fun, fun, fun …

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from rtan

[…]

I never said this team were taking the piss out of the rules, because I have no idea what happened with regards to the other default dates. Sorry I probably worded it badly, should have said ‘a’ team and not ‘the’ team. But let’s say this team are default hunting, and an admin suspects it. But technically the team are not breaking any rules and just forcing through the default dates and are unwilling to reschedule. Can the admin step in if this happens all too often or is there nothing he can do?

Just babbling… apologies!

Well I don’t know if it’s encouraged exactly but I did used to ocassionally lean on teams that were being difficult for no real reason about arranging their games. Once I threatened two teams with a default loss because they were being so difficult about playing their game. One wanted to play 30 minutes earlier than the arranged time, the other refused to despite the fact they had 6 and were just pcwing, so I dragged them out of that and forced them both onto a server. I can’t remember the specifics but I think both teams were pissed off with me by the end because of the result ;p They joys of being an admin….

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

No, this is just dumb. Even without going into how dickish this is of the russian team, the rules shouldn’t allow them to claim this default.
Assuming that the match should have been played yesterday, the russians have an obligation to provide a connect string or at least discuss a server with retshock before they just sit on some random server and take a screenshot. This didn’t happen so their default win is not valid, must be rescheduled.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

No reason to slander the russian players without any counter-proof. It MIGHT have been possible that they fabricated a screen, but cc// was pcw’ing at the time of this ultiduo fixture, so there is absolutely no reason for them to fabricate this screen (as you werent available to play anyway), so it’s a silly accusation to assume they did something shady other than taking advantage of default dates, which is not very sportsmanlike but completely within the rules.

What would have prevented these kind of issues is to set defdate/time OUTSIDE of 6v6 pcw times for a cup like this. Why not 19:30? That would help nearly everyone except for some weird highlander keeners.

Also it might be an idea to make timestamps mandatory on screens for defwins?

Quoted from Sideshow

Assuming that the match should have been played yesterday, the russians have an obligation to provide a connect string

They don’t as long as it’s not in the rules (and if it were in the rules we can expect trolls to show up on many servers during games)

or at least discuss a server with retshock before they just sit on some random server and take a screenshot. This didn’t happen so their default win is not valid, must be rescheduled.

It’s true that in the current state of the system, it’s hard to prove any team correspondence regarding server.

I’m just thinking of random shit here, but it SHOULD be relatively easy to code something in the website that makes teams able to post a connect (if all else fails) on the matchpage, just like an STV is posted, and the connect is only visible to the teams that are in the fixture? Slate? :D

Last edited by skeej,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from SnowiE

[…]
Well I don’t know if it’s encouraged exactly but I did used to ocassionally lean on teams that were being difficult for no real reason about arranging their games. Once I threatened two teams with a default loss because they were being so difficult about playing their game. One wanted to play 30 minutes earlier than the arranged time, the other refused to despite the fact they had 6 and were just pcwing, so I dragged them out of that and forced them both onto a server. I can’t remember the specifics but I think both teams were pissed off with me by the end because of the result ;p They joys of being an admin….

you were doing gods work sir

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

As sponsor of this fine tournament I would like to ask the admin team to at least have a look at this case again, the fact I’m stupid enough to throw monies down the drain, (or pay for cook and shintaz to have a slightly better Christmas), is completely irrelevant of course, but it felt good to type that :D

I mean, seriously, the match page has a clear conversation saying they will talk about when to play the match over steam. This is evidence enough imho to suggest both teams agreed the default date was not ideal.

Add to that the fact 1 of these teams has 3 default wins in the knockout stage now and you can build up a pretty accurate picture of what’s gone on here I reckon.

Man up admins, this is massive bullshit.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from skeej

What would have prevented these kind of issues is to set defdate/time OUTSIDE of 6v6 pcw times for a cup like this. Why not 19:30? That would help nearly everyone except for some weird highlander keeners.

Problem is though that there is no such thing as “normal pcw times”, ergo it is impossible to set default dates outside it. Well, of course we all know most teams play somewhere in the evening, but this by no means applies to every team ever.

What would have prevented this, is both teams actually bothering to get the game scheduled.

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from Monkeh

[…] I would like to ask the admin team to at least have a look at this case again[…]

I mean, seriously, the match page has a clear conversation saying they will talk about when to play the match over steam. This is evidence enough imho to suggest both teams agreed the default date was not ideal.

Add to that the fact 1 of these teams has 3 default wins in the knockout stage now and you can build up a pretty accurate picture of what’s gone on here I reckon.

Man up admins, this is massive bullshit.

I understand your and everyone else’s concerns with this match, but you all make it sound like we looked at this without really doing any background checks on anything.

This was not only one admin’s decision in the end and based on what we have, we see absolutely no reason to delete the default win now.

Quoted from Spike Himself

From a completely objective point of view, looking at the match page, I can state these facts:
– No scheduling attempts were made by either team
– A default date was set (as a result of the above)
– No rescheduling attempts were made
– No dates, times or other agreements were mentioned in the comments

(scheduling attempts = using the calendar to propose dates http://etf2l.org/wp/wp-admin/index.php?page=fix )

Sorry Ret, but you don’t have much of a case here I’m afraid.

If you did indeed agree on a date/time with your opponent, it’s up to you to prove this.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Holy shit, we are so going to win div1 next season.

brb installing photoshop.

If they truly photoshopped fake logs they should be banned for it, because in essence it is cheating.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Battery

Quoted from MIndYe

Where can we find this screenshot BTW?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Problem is though that there is no such thing as “normal pcw times”,

Yes there are. The NORM in tf2 is to have team pcws at 20cet. The fact that some stray teams, mixes, or semi-european teams play outside of these norms doesn’t change that. Don’t try to counter a point by providing the exception to the rule. If you start like that, then why not set the default times for ultiduo at 6:30cet?

What would have prevented this, is both teams actually bothering to get the game scheduled.

Didn’t read earlier posts? Don’t understand ultiduo cup? The cup has default dates set. A team can deny any reschedule attempt and force the default date (and that’s what the russians basically did)

Last edited by skeej,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Our 9v9 team’s soldier’s 2 or so ultiduo matches were defaulted to the same moment as our already scheduled 9v9 officials with absolutely no time to schedule it before that.

With bad luck, you either have to skip an official (9v9 who cares bla bla w/e) or get defaulted from the cup; Can’t you see anything wrong in this?

e: They did get them rescheduled, but it’s completely up to the opponent if they want to hunt for a default in a cup they won’t win anyway. Morals on the internet? gg

Last edited by Muuki,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You can basically deny all reschedule requests and say the default is the only day you can play. That way you will get the default win or force a wildcard out of your opponent.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Muuki

With bad luck, you either have to skip an official (9v9 who cares bla bla w/e) or get defaulted from the cup; Can’t you see anything wrong in this?

Nah, nothing wrong with that. You’re just some rare team that happens to play @ 20cet, (c) Spike

:D

Trane

Sideshow makes a good point, if there’s no connect/server info discussed on the match page, what protection is there from a team just jumping on a random server and taking a screenshot/status shot inferring that the opponents ‘didn’t show up at the allotted time’?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »