Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Kiss Kiss

[…]
because its not.

alternative reply:
wait, are you talking about 5cp or gravel?

Gpit, all it is is building uber from both sides then running at each other until one side wins. If neither side gets a significant advantage from the fight, you back off and build uber again then rinse and repeat.

Quoted from Enef

[…]

Gpit, all it is is building uber from both sides then running at each other until one side wins. If neither side gets a significant advantage from the fight, you back off and build uber again then rinse and repeat.

sounds like tf2 in a nutshell

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

sounds like tf2 in a nutshell

yeah was gonna say..
how many times do you have a mid fight on 5cp maps? if anything, gpit is less repetitive

Sketch

MM

Quoted from wpminnows

[…]

dm maps own

Gravel pit is fucking boring. Yea it is sometimes good. But for the most part the time limits are too long so it sucks balls.

If you had 4 minute time limit for each cap it would be OK. Fast game play would be forced and it would be a challenge to cap all 3 points. Atm its just a case of which team caps 3 seconds faster than the other team.

All this bullshit about requiring teamwork is a load of bollocks. Show me a team that has EVER regularly played pcws on it in order to build up sufficient strategy and coordination to totally dominate this map and I will applaud you. The fact is it takes a lot of time and a lot of practice to create solid tactics and team coordination. Teams have always just won with good dm and a bit of luck. All anyone does is transfer their cp5 tactics and adapt them.

Last edited by Sketch,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

yeah was gonna say..
how many times do you have a mid fight on 5cp maps? if anything, gpit is less repetitive

Agree with this. Spike knows how much <3 gravelpit gets from us :(

Spike Himself

TC

Indeed. I still cry every day :(

Sketch

MM

What would you do to improve gravel pit ?

What would make it competitively viable?

IMO it is a good map and is interesting to play. However I would like to see some changes to the map in addition to shorter round time. 5 minutes total for attack for each team. Quicker cap time to aid faster play.

This would create a 30 minute match for all 3 rounds. Once you add in time for people readying up and swapping teams it would probably be 45 mins to play the map. I think that is an acceptable time. It would also mean that not every team caps 3 points. Which is the maps biggest flaw.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Bring back CP_Well. I’d like to see how the new standard and age of TF2 players cope with it.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Bring back bazillion.

envy

Jokes aside, do anyone have cp_pro_well? The only thing which was fixed is setup time?

iQue

keso

I don’t even play TF2 any more and I miss gravelpit. Always was one of my favourite maps. Slow paced? What sort of attention span do you guys have?

Then again I loved turbine too so maybe I’m just weird. :D

Last edited by iQue,

rarecandy

I’ve had the pleasure of always playing with a team that has good gpit strats, so gpit has always been one of my favorite maps. I can understand that it’s not for everyone, but I think it has much more going for it than for example turbine, freight or obscure.

I don’t even play TF2 any more and least of all I miss gravelpit. Always was one of my most hated maps. Slow paced as fuck

silly

as if tf2 was ever anything but slow-paced

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from Sketch

If you had 4 minute time limit for each cap it would be OK. Fast game play would be forced and it would be a challenge to cap all 3 points. Atm its just a case of which team caps 3 seconds faster than the other team.

So, why hasn’t anyone just made gravelpit_pro and changed that?
My excuse is it doesn’t load entities due to some fucked brush.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »