Forum

I miss playing gravelpit... :(

Created 18th October 2012 @ 12:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Califax

dyn.

I was counting on Gravelpit being at least in the new Wireplay season, but they now changed their setup to 6 teams per div, resulting in five 5CP maps in the mappool…

I hope we get Gravelpit back in the leagues next year…

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

play highlander

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Permzilla

play highlander

No comparison…

Ritalin

[d¿s]

me too, i hope to see it back next season

Regen

nf.
9F

Everyday i am grateful for it to be gone :)

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

i’d rather have gpit instead of turbine

yet i hate both of them

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Give me gravelpit and turbine.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

If Gravelpit was such a fun an enjoyable map everyone would be playing it in pickups and teams always searching for pcw’s on it, they don’t.

Its such a hipster map tbh “you’re only old school if you like gravelpit!” its too slow and the action isn’t constant like in most 5cp maps, Also the game can last for ages if it goes all 3 rounds. Sure it can produce some good spectator moments and requires teams to have a lot of teamwork to successfully play it, however all that isnt worth the fact you actually have to play it in my opinion.

Kaneco

I love gravelpit…

I hope next season a wider variety of game mods gets included in the map pool, was particularly hoping for koth (viaduct_pro sounds great) and gravelpit is great and very intense too…

I am always trying to push to play it on double mixes, or at least was last season when people still had some reason to play it, now I don’t ever bother mentioning because being it excluded from etf2l it’s automatically a no-no

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Tapley ❤

If Gravelpit was such a fun an enjoyable map everyone would be playing it in pickups and teams always searching for pcw’s on it, they don’t.

Its such a hipster map tbh “you’re only old school if you like gravelpit!” its too slow and the action isn’t constant like in most 5cp maps, Also the game can last for ages if it goes all 3 rounds. Sure it can produce some good spectator moments and requires teams to have a lot of teamwork to successfully play it, however all that isnt worth the fact you actually have to play it in my opinion.

There’s no pickups because it’s a real team map where strategy and communication play an important role. No PCW’s is because it can take 40 minutes to play it. I dare to say that most of the GP hate comes from people who never have been in a team that actually had a solid gameplan for GP.

Viaduct pro sucks donkey balls though. It’s just a simple DM map with no real strategy. And a good sniper can still dominate it easily.

Last edited by Koeitje,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Permzilla

play highlander

yeah, but any competitive alternatives?

Last edited by rytis,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from rytis

[…]
yeah, but any competitive alternatives?

how many times are you going to make that joke? looking at the prize money this season i’d say it’s very competitive.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Koeitje

No PCW’s is because it can take 40 minutes to play it.

Ya :( It’s silly because people could just stick to only one round so it won’t last as long.. If that makes the game short enough you could then play it more often so as to compensate for the lack of 2nd and/or 3rd rounds.

I dare to say that most of the GP hate comes from people who never have been in a team that actually had a solid gameplan for GP.

This so much.

Bring gpit back!

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from Koeitje

Viaduct pro sucks donkey balls though. It’s just a simple DM map with no real strategy. And a good sniper can still dominate it easily.

dm maps own

ondkaja

IKEA

Gpit is so much fun when you have a strategy how to play it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »