3. Arabic (441 million)
4. Spanish (320 million)
5. Russian (285 million)
6. French (270 million)
7. Hindi/Urdu (250 million)
8. Portuguese (248 million)
9. Bengali (185 million)
10. Japanese (133 million)

the important part of this is that only 62million of the English speakers live in England. Whilst the majority of chinese speakers will live in china. I would also assume that this does not include the large numbers of non-native english speakers who speak it as a second language.

That said I’ve always been ashamed of the English philosophy when it comes to linguistics. So much so I made efforts to teach myself languages in my spare time. It’s interesting and helps people warm to you quicker, which is also a bonus when you’re a bit of a dick like me. =D

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Those figures I quoted are apparently a best guess at total number of speakers, native and as a second language. The total number of possible business/social opportunities if you will…

Quoted from Henghast

[…]

the important part of this is that only 62million of the English speakers live in England. Whilst the majority of chinese speakers will live in china. I would also assume that this does not include the large numbers of non-native english speakers who speak it as a second language.

That said I’ve always been ashamed of the English philosophy when it comes to linguistics. So much so I made efforts to teach myself languages in my spare time. It’s interesting and helps people warm to you quicker, which is also a bonus when you’re a bit of a dick like me. =D

There is also a very large place which speaks English as its primary language called the USA.

As a caveat to you, i must remark i am unlikely to ever find someone who can’t speak English at any walk in my life, as anything ill ever need will be UK based or USA based. C++ has been a much more useful language in my life than any other thus far

Last edited by Chaplain,

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from Monkeh

In summary:
1. Mandarin Chinese (1.12 billion)

but how many of those chinese have a voice….

Monkeh

Quoted from wpminnows

but how many of those chinese have a voice….

Is muteism more prevalent in China than elsewhere…poor buggers, all that suppression, communism and censorship and now I’m told of this. At least they’re good at Olympic sports though huh?

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

There is also a very large place which speaks English as its primary language called the USA.

As a caveat to you, i must remark i am unlikely to ever find someone who can’t speak English at any walk in my life, as anything ill ever need will be UK based or USA based. C++ has been a much more useful language in my life than any other thus far

Please teach me a c++ based. Chat up line

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

Please teach me a c++ based chat up line

IF (I told you you had a good body)
{
cout << "Would you hold it against me?";
}

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from Chaplain

{
}

You had me at “Hello World”.

Last edited by almightybob,

Quoted from almightybob

[…]

You had me at “Hello World”.

hahah sick

Monkeh

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

{
}

Wait a minute…are those Britney Spears lyrics I spy thar???

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Wait a minute…are those Britney Spears lyrics I spy thar???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao&feature=player_detailpage#t=88s
Referring to this

Monkeh

Quoted from Starkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao&feature=player_detailpage#t=88s
Referring to this

Nah…he’s referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2NAidJ-VJA#t=43

(ok, not exactly the same…but too close for comfort)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8