Forum

Mixin with higher div people

Created 23rd September 2012 @ 14:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

Ch3Vy

FjK

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

23cet till it ends, can be 1 map, 2 maps or till like 3am.

Okay mate, I’ll keep that in mind when I come back :) Hope you had good games! :)

Skyride

DUCS

I would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to learn another language, but where would I use it?

Like, if you live in a european country other than the UK, learning english lets you communicate with people in almost every european country, the US, australia, and people from all over the world. Billions of people, and all the opportunities that come with that.

There’s no second language I could learn which would give me even a fraction of that benefit.

frixx

LG

Quoted from Skyride

I would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to learn another language, but where would I use it?

Like, if you live in a european country other than the UK, learning english lets you communicate with people in almost every european country, the US, australia, and people from all over the world. Billions of people, and all the opportunities that come with that.

There’s no second language I could learn which would give me even a fraction of that benefit.

The possibility of you ever leaving UK is very low amIright? so stick with english and u will be fine

Nicolas Cage

BM

Skyride, English may be international but Mandarin is still the most ‘common’ language. As well, Arabic and Spanish each have large parts of the world that they dominate (and the numbers are right around English in terms of total speakers worldwide).
English is the international language for a lot of reasons, but it is not the most common language worldwide.

Waebi

‹Con›

Learn Russian. All the sites that open up to you, all the flaming you suddenly understand in games.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Skyride

Billions of people, and all the opportunities that come with that.

Chinese? Mandarin…w/e

:p

Last edited by Monkeh,

rtan

-9w-

LOL OFFTOPIC I’d love to learn German later on in life, because I’d like to move there some day.

Apart from that, meh, maybe an asian language, but that shit looks way difficult.

Last edited by rtan,

caned

MEAT
LEGO

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MwACklcy3xc/SV7Wn1uiv2I/AAAAAAAAAQ8/-fdREGa-wL0/s400/derailment.jpg

Ch3Vy

FjK

Quoted from rtan

LOL OFFTOPIC

http://9gag.com/gag/3940335

hawku

AYO

Quoted from rtan

maybe an asian language, but that shit looks way difficult.

Don’t bother with Chinese, It’s fucking embarrassing when you get the wrong dialect.
Cus you’re like
YO CHING CHANG
and they’re like
no sorry I mandarin

People who are saying things like “There is no need for me to learn any other language” I honestly and without offense intended – pity you. The amount of experience, wisdom, jokes and insight you miss is absolutely immense.

People knowing English everywhere is not an excuse.

Also on the other hand, saying that 90% of UK doesn`t know any other languages is just lol.

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from Skyride

More people speak Spanish as their first language than English. Obviously plenty of them in America or Spain also speak English, but in most of South America the locals speak little or no English.
Obviously if you have no intention of travelling you might not have the opportunity to use your second language, but then will you ever have the opportunity to speak to Americans or Australians or any of the other places you mentioned? Or do you maybe plan to travel, but only to English-speaking places?

Quoted from PineBerry High

Add LeDza, u can get to prem with him. :) … and with his mixes.

Please try to stay on-topic, this thread is about languages.

Monkeh

Think I’ll just leave this here.

In summary:
1. Mandarin Chinese (1.12 billion)
2. English (480 million)
3. Arabic (441 million)
4. Spanish (320 million)
5. Russian (285 million)
6. French (270 million)
7. Hindi/Urdu (250 million)
8. Portuguese (248 million)
9. Bengali (185 million)
10. Japanese (133 million)

Last edited by Monkeh,

Wiper

idd.

mitä vittuu vaan

Ch3Vy

FjK

Quoted from almightybob

Please try to stay on-topic, this thread is about languages.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »