Forum

logs

Created 1st August 2012 @ 13:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Vaskie

BulletClub

I have been wanting something like this for such a long time, it completely changes the way we look at the game. ESEA has had that for all it’s leagues and it’s absolutely fantastic that you can check each match and have all the demo’s, stats, etc in one single place. Even for casters it’s so much easier for them to do their homework.

Would be fantastic to enter a profile of a player and check how many kills he had the last season for example since the thing it would do was provide all the kills from each match of that season and join them on a bracket.

I would be all for using a Client, even if it’s nothing special and doesn’t even have Anti-Cheat, but just to make sure all the things are logged for demos, screens, and stats, it would already be so much worth it

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from nTraum

Web Admin #1, Miek, didn’t even know the API exists until I’ve told him. No offense, but I’m in reasonable doubt about his competency when I have to explain to him what json is.

Logs please

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I do not log IRC messaging.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Vaskie

I have been wanting something like this for such a long time, it completely changes the way we look at the game. ESEA has had that for all it’s leagues and it’s absolutely fantastic that you can check each match and have all the demo’s, stats, etc in one single place. Even for casters it’s so much easier for them to do their homework.

Would be fantastic to enter a profile of a player and check how many kills he had the last season for example since the thing it would do was provide all the kills from each match of that season and join them on a bracket.

I would be all for using a Client, even if it’s nothing special and doesn’t even have Anti-Cheat, but just to make sure all the things are logged for demos, screens, and stats, it would already be so much worth it

+1

wrock

vier

Quoted from nTraum

I do not log IRC messaging.

if you use mIrc or something it should log automaitcally

anyway, its hard to get to any information about the system behind etf2l…can confirm it from my site too…

Skyride

DUCS

Logistically it’s quite easy for ESEA to do this since every match is played on an official ESEA server. For ETF2L we’d either need to play every match on official ETF2L servers (which would be near impossible to A) have enough servers and B) convince teams to be ok with it), or create a plugin which the community would have on every etf2l server (which again, is logistically a nightmare).

Even aside from that, it’s like… Half the teams in ETF2L can’t even play their matches on time, nevermind on a specific server with a specific plugin.

Don’t get me wrong. Technically speaking, it’s not outwith the realms of possibility, but it would require such a massive change in the way this league is admin’d and how the EU community works to work out long term.

Last edited by Skyride,

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

For me, the best things about logs are when casters can use the data as a part of the cast, it adds some nice dimensions and I really enjoyed that part about the ESEA lan casts.

It seems that a lot of work would be required to make an extensive publishing tool for logs, but would it be possible to somehow, at least, convey data from specific games to casters. E.g. have the propper logging on the server and using some script to fetch the data from an ftp (if provided). If it were a closed tool, maybe it doesn’t have to be perfect, merely sufficient to get data. Then you could always present the data from that particular – highlighted – game on VTV (for example) as part of the match results or such. Though if you didn’t want to parse the data to tf2logs, I guess you had to write your own parser too which adds to the work load.

Still, it might not be worth it, or even feasible as a “dirty” solution, yet I’d love to see the casters gaining more information live during selected games.

Last edited by MR JOHNSON,

AnimaL

skyride nailed it… teams will have to play on this certain match server with certain plugin installed, which on most multiplay servers would be almost impossible since if updates would come out and brake it you wouldnt be able to play official for at least few days since thats how long it takes multiplay to upload anything to their shared servers

esea has same problem tho they fix shit fast since its their own servers… still, officials get canceled bcs of it

and if teams would just play official without it, etf2l would start handing out even more bans and warnings? yeah good idea

if it isnt much effort, make a good plugin, use it for casting and fun, but as it is atm demanding it would be awful idea

Last edited by AnimaL,

wrock

vier

Quoted from dave

[…]it also violates the gpl license as the the source is not included.

i wrote him a e-mail

Yeah, i have sources. And i think it is still work (with newest sourcemod installed).. it should work )
I can give you access to sources repository

should get it in the next few days

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

@skyride & Animal

imho such a plugin wouldn’t neccessarily have to be mandatory to use. Could make it Optional for div2 and down or completly optional.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2