cheers

wrock

vier

they working with plugins…
e.g. http://www.tf2logs.com/

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

It would be really awesome if we could develope a simple ETF2L client which automatically collected the stats of a game and posted it to the match page. Assuming that the additional stats plugin has been installed on the server, it should be possible for a simple program to read the logs and organize the stats (TF2Lobby does this)

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

why dont we just use esl wire?

Regen

nf.
9F

Played on this one server earlier where they had put the arena scorescreen on the end of the round, in normal games aswell, so you could see total damage that round, time alive etc etc. Pretty sweet.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Beater

It would be really awesome if we could develope a simple ETF2L client which automatically collected the stats of a game and posted it to the match page. Assuming that the additional stats plugin has been installed on the server, it should be possible for a simple program to read the logs and organize the stats (TF2Lobby does this)

I like this idea! ^^

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

getting the logs would be a piece of cake for ETF2L, could just add “logaddress_add logs.etf2l.org” to the etf2l.cfg
of course logs.etf2l.org would need to be able to parse the incoming data.

matching the logs to the right match, would be a lot more troublesome i bet.

I guess you could check steamid’s and see if 4+ players of a team are in an ETF2L team and are playing vs one as well and then check if the date has a fixture for those two teams.

I have no idea though if the huge amount of database querys and incoming logdata would be a big problem.

then you would also have things you cannot control
– date on the gameserver
– if the map doesnt get reloaded between pcw/match it could be hard to tell them apart?
– i bet a ton of other things that could horribly break stuff.

well thats just food for thought, imho, getting data -> easy, matching data to correct match -> not quite so easy

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from slate

getting the logs would be a piece of cake for ETF2L, could just add “logaddress_add logs.etf2l.org” to the etf2l.cfg
of course logs.etf2l.org would need to be able to parse the incoming data.

matching the logs to the right match, would be a lot more troublesome i bet.

I guess you could check steamid’s and see if 4+ players of a team are in an ETF2L team and are playing vs one as well and then check if the date has a fixture for those two teams.

I have no idea though if the huge amount of database querys and incoming logdata would be a big problem.

then you would also have things you cannot control
– date on the gameserver
– if the map doesnt get reloaded between pcw/match it could be hard to tell them apart?
– i bet a ton of other things that could horribly break stuff.

well thats just food for thought, imho, getting data -> easy, matching data to correct match -> not quite so easy

Most teams would not unload the config after their official, and their server would send data from all their pcws, server restarts, tactics sessions, whatever. It’s not finding the match that’s the problem – the logs server would get absolutely hammered with (mostly) useless data every day, that would require some processing even to safely discard.

tldr doing it with configs is possible but not really feasible.

Automating matches with a sourcemod plugin is a different thing altogether. If you know a sourcemod coder who would volunteer his time for a project like this, tell him to contact ETF2L staff and we’d love to discuss it.

Last edited by emb,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Well, what about specifying the match that is going to be played manually? Some could specify the match via it’s ID (“!etf2l match 12345”). The plug ins then outputs something like “Match 12345: Season 12 – Week 3 – Foo vs. Bar”, which has to be confirmed by the other team (“!confirm”).

Of course, people would still have the opportunity to fake matches. Confirming matches that has been played and has been logged on the ETF2L website could be a possible solution. Somehow complicated.

Last edited by nTraum,

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Hah, you’re talking about things that have existed for a couple of years. Does pmod ring a bell?
It had automatic loading of the correct config, automatically detecting which match is being played based on the players on the server and some more fancy things.

And after the match, logs etc. are uploaded to the etf2l website so results are automatically added, and each match has those fancy stats. And a big part of that is even implemented on this website.

Why is not everyone using this fantastic piece of software, you ask? The reason we’re not all using it is probably that it didn’t really interest me at the time. :O While the plugin was doing great, the ETF2L part… not so much.

Besides that, it’s a SourceMod plugin, many competetive players have an aversion against SourceMod. (not me ;)

I can pretty much guarantee the SM plugin won’t work anymore though, due to the countless updates. Maybe a nice summer project for someone.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

If there’s anyway anything like this can be done by people willing to do it for free, or maybe beers at LAN and hugs, it would be awesome.

It sounds like something that will needs monies though in the end, monies or shitloads of time that will never be found.

Shame.

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

we are talking about two things here:

a) Automatic match reporting
It basically comes down to this: while improving the api ;) add some rpc calls to allow doing the stuff talked about here. i’d be happy to help doing the sm part of it.
Keep in mind though: a) no screenshots, b) server owners should need an individual api key to submit scores. c) this needs some extensive testing before it could go live.

b) Match statistics
Gnarf. If you want this use hlx:ce or ask the tf2logs guy to implement an api of some sort to allow uploading of logs automagically. No need to reimplement the wheel.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

http://pmod.etboosts.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10

imho it wasn’t all that user friendly.

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from slate

imho it wasn’t all that user friendly.

it also violates the gpl license as the the source is not included.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I’ve offered my help to improve the API several times for the last 6 months or so. I’ve messaged CanFo, Miek, Deneusbeer on IRC so often, CanFo being the only one who showed an response at least. I know about other people who experienced pretty much the same. Why is that? I don’t know what’s the point with all the FTP access / Multiplay server wrangling, but surely this seems highly suboptimal. I’ve asked both head admins (Crasp, CanFo) about this issue, nobody could explain this issue in a proper way. Sorry for the off topic rant, but the current “technical” state is an absurd somehow. Examples: the topic of this thread, the API issue, the missing thumbnails for “new” (new = 2 years) maps etc etc.

Web Admin #1, Miek, didn’t even know the API exists until I’ve told him. No offense, but I’m in reasonable doubt about his competency when I have to explain to him what json is.
Web Admin #2, forgot his name, told me the ETF2L has read only access to the site (which is a joke for itself) while fucking up the header navigation on a daily basis.

I’m more than thrilled to get an answer.

Last edited by nTraum,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »