Forum

Unlocks panel

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 28 Next »

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Maybe it happens to me with snakewater, but people only want to play Gran, gully, blands.

I like gravelpit, and it’s not as simple as “doesn’t really matter how often you practice it. You can still lose a round in just 1 moment”, I think gravelpit is definitly one of those maps where if you have a strong and well-thought through strategy you will be successful, particularly on defense. You can’t just say it’s a random lottery who wins a gravelpit map. Just not many teams bother with training gpit enough to develop good strategies for it.

No matter how well prepared you are, all it takes to cause you to lose a round is that 1 clutch moment. The Sniper getting an awesome pick on your medic, for example.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Acting as a bait is not my exact definition of good spy play, although it can work it has hardly any advantage over the default watch.

Didn’t say it makes you a good Spy, it simply makes you an effective one.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
No, I am not saying that in anyway, I only think the lost of the focus fire the “unwrangled” sentry has is enough of a downside to the increased health, although I never even mentioned in allowing it on my previous posts.

What ‘focusfire’ are you talking about?

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Valve did give us an opportunity and tf2beta was the best of our opportunities to show we cared. We didn’t, case solved.
And beta tested weapons added before as well, even the shotgun was tested with different attributes. As well as the equalizer, etc…

No, they didn’t. Don’t talk nonsense. We cared, Valve didn’t listen. The Equalizer wasn’t tested in the beta either. It was suggested @ SPUF in the current form, only increasing damage. Valve then tacked on the speed and threw it in the game.

Sketch

MM

yay the thread will be locked soon because we have started the classic unlock thread QUOTE TRAIN!

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I honestly feel this thread has had it’s day now. It’s achieved it’s goal of raising the idea and sparking some really good debate, so thank you all for some really good tinterwebz forum posting, I’ve enjoyed it immensely.

What happens next is entirely in the admins control and I reckon somewhere in this epic 26 pages of conversation there is everything required to decide if an unlock panel type entity should or could exist.

Thank you all for your time.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I’m beginning to doubt Kaneco even plays tf2…

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from Sideshow

+1

crouton

LEGO

Good evening.

I think the gunboats are nice, they’re a bit silly, but they allow for spectacular plays. Also shotgun is hard to play without.

Pretty much every other unlock is fucking stupid and shouldn’t be in. (I think, can’t really remember all the unlocks)

Also Quick Fix is probably cool. Makes for a nice trifecta of mediguns that counter eachother.

enoryt

CHRON

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Okay, please tell me more about how this game works.

‘What div are you? Have you played at the highest level of play with unlocks? Okay please tell me more. ‘ I can say the same thing, but I find that attitude terrible.

Just thought I’d share with you my experience regarding unlocks/vanilla. Our team has been recently practicing for i46 qualifiers with vanilla rule sets. We’ve played vanilla against both vanilla teams and players who use cinnamon to practice for esea, and I can tell you the game does not have any huge changes. Everything is the same, there are a few aggressive mid plays we have to put in the back of the play book, a few different roll outs and fix our capping orientation (because b4nny uses the paintrain) thats about the only real difference its made to our team. I think anti-unlock players really need to sit down and try each weapon, sure some may be gimmicky or silly, but it should no way change the outcome of the game. In my opinion, unlocks allow for more options, and brings a bit more personality to the game. Keep in mind NA scene are very selective of unlocks, we do not play with the wrangler, or have heavies at middles before soldiers. DR spies do not run rampant its also a poor example to use the best players as an example of unlocks being ridiculous, I’m sure players such as wltrs and stephan will terrorize lower tiers of play even as engis. Please try watching a few of our games and you’ll note that its still the same game we all love and play.

Kaneco

Quoted from Koeitje

Wait what. Epsilon picked Snakewater, but people don’t want to play it? Are you on crack?

Maybe I’m playing with different people of different skill levels? It’s not exactly rocket science, but still I have seen some players I am friend with from higher division hate snakewater.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

No matter how well prepared you are, all it takes to cause you to lose a round is that 1 clutch moment. The Sniper getting an awesome pick on your medic, for example.

That’s what make it an even more exciting match, at least for me.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Didn’t say it makes you a good Spy, it simply makes you an effective one.

Fair enough

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

What ‘focusfire’ are you talking about?

The autofiring-autoaiming ability the unwrangled sentry has. When you wrangle it you won’t hit every shot, unlike a unwrangled sentry that aims automatically

Kaneco

Quoted from Sideshow

Quoted from Turbo

[…]
+1

How nice from you guys, just because I have a different skill level and view of the game than the one you have, I am a troll and I don’t play this game… God, I love this community, LoL kiddies still have something to learn from you and that’s rare.

Keep up with that attitude, it will surely bring many and many new players into the competitive realm. YAY for Circlejerks and elitism.

Leave you with 30 pages and almost 500 replies of the thread I created just 2 days ago that are good food for thought http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795616, maybe you can learn something from here

And with this I end my participation on this thread.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

That’s what make it an even more exciting match, at least for me.

And it makes it immensely frustrating to play at times, and makes a lot of people not bother with practicing.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
The autofiring-autoaiming ability the unwrangled sentry has. When you wrangle it you won’t hit every shot, unlike a unwrangled sentry that aims automatically

You are aware it has sticky aim, and that anybody with decent aim can track well enough to easily make up for the lack of aimbot?

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from enoryt

fix our capping orientation (because b4nny uses the paintrain)

Did anyone over in NA tf2 ever seriously experiment with running Pain Train over Equaliser/Escape Plan? I’d be interested in hearing how the higher amount of capping pressure affected the consistency of pushes/caps and whether or not it was a worthwhile tradeoff given that you have a lower consistency of survival compared to an increased one from the standard solly. I’ve never really thought the 10% bullet vunerability was a problem, but when you’re talking about the gap from the EP survivability levels then it’s a bit more drastic.

enoryt

CHRON

Quoted from Vali

[…]

Did anyone over in NA tf2 ever seriously experiment with running Pain Train over Equaliser/Escape Plan? I’d be interested in hearing how the higher amount of capping pressure affected the consistency of pushes/caps and whether or not it was a worthwhile tradeoff given that you have a lower consistency of survival compared to an increased one from the standard solly. I’ve never really thought the 10% bullet vunerability was a problem, but when you’re talking about the gap from the EP survivability levels then it’s a bit more drastic.

I think it depends on the map, I know TLR used to use the paintrain often in matches for maps like badlands so it gave his team a bit more capping power especially on spire. I’ve considered it, and have used it in practice, but it just doesn’t seem to work well for our team as I’m never really in a position to cap points outside of last. Even when we take points from teams, I’m securing entrances/exits to make sure opposing players don’t enter the fight. I’ve seen seagull experiment with it on badlands last, rocket jumping to point and than RJ before the demo det, its been done before, but once a team sees it, the chance of it happening again are next to none. The damage isn’t too significant, and I think the pocket is the only one that has the luxury of being able to use the paintrain as he gets the bulk of heals, and getting chipped away with hitscan damage isn’t a huge factor.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VnT7pT6zCcA#t=12s

AnimaL

Quoted from Kaneco

Leave you with 30 pages and almost 500 replies of the thread I created just 2 days ago that are good food for thought http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795616, maybe you can learn something from here

lold irl that ur buthurt about not getting support for your ideas here

Last edited by AnimaL,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
[…]

How nice from you guys, just because I have a different skill level and view of the game than the one you have, I am a troll and I don’t play this game… God, I love this community, LoL kiddies still have something to learn from you and that’s rare.

Keep up with that attitude, it will surely bring many and many new players into the competitive realm. YAY for Circlejerks and elitism.

I’m not being elitist at all. I’m saying that I doubt you even play tf2 when you don’t understand how the wrangler works, or when you say that snakewater is not popular and granary is, or when you say Valve directly acted on competitive feedback, or when you need proof for people ragequitting the league because of unlocks, etc etc just talking so much bullshit Kaneco.

Your lack of intelligence is totally different to your lack of skill at tf2, I don’t care what level you play at:
you
are
talking
shit

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 28 Next »