Forum

when will season 11 start ?

Created 16th December 2011 @ 12:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Yes, AFS was a disaster. That’s why it was called “AFS” and not “season 8” :)

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from droso

[…]
Or will there be two 6v6 seasons before summer? That seems possible if we start season 11 early February.

Thats the plan. We gained some extra weeks to make it possible with the divisions of 8. Due to the playoffs taking up time as well it might be a bit tricky, but ideally we start early and open the s11 signups in January.

I’m not sure how Highlander will fit into this, but I don’t think it should affect 6v6.

lolage

TSPAG

imo higlander should start at the same time as 6v6. HL people can play hl, 6v6 can play 6v6 and those who choose to play both can find the time to do so…

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from lolage

imo higlander should start at the same time as 6v6. HL people can play hl, 6v6 can play 6v6 and those who choose to play both can find the time to do so…

As a team leader, I oppose this idea.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

As a team leader, I oppose this idea.

No-one cares about your opinion now get back to your monkey work coding.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from droso

[…]

This would be awful.
If, for instance, season 11 ends on late April or around that date and we have a huge gap until season 12 ( not starting before September/October), I’m afraid a lot of people would leave this game because of lack of competition.

Correct, previously we sometimes fixed this by delaying the spring season a bit, but that’s far from ideal to as you’d still have 2 gaps of 3 months.

Anyway, as we’re looking into things we can’t give a conclusive answer just yet. The only thing we can say is that there’s a good chance we’ll be starting s11 early.

edit: let’s keep the highlander stuff out of this topic :)

torden

broder
syster

AFS was a disaster because it opted to be 90% of a normal season with 0% of the prestige or incentive to play.

For the next season, it’ll be important to set a deadline for when it finishes. Many people will have their exam periods starting in May, this could be a deadline – giving 3 months if the league starts late January.

The best use of Summer I’ve seen so far, was the ETF2L Nations cup. It’s been a very long time since last time we’ve had an actual proper nations cup, one that isn’t thrown into the midst of regular leagues.

Keyro

Cheater

As a “community league” you should settle as many seasons as possible, players want to play the game.

In the past it has been done with divisions of 10 teams (season 5 +6 ?) so it should be possible aswell with divisions of 8. And if playoffs are a problem, just go with 3 teams only in playoffs, fixed match even before the season start or playoffs in one nights (BO1), i’m sure there are valid solutions.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from droso

[…]

This would be awful.
If, for instance, season 11 ends on late April or around that date and we have a huge gap until season 12 ( not starting before September/October), I’m afraid a lot of people would leave this game because of lack of competition.

Let’s not make the same mistake again. I think we all agree that AFS was a disaster because it’s just pointless to run a league during summer.
Although, you should try to make that gap as short as possible (late June, July, August, early September) and host 6v6 competition until early June.

+1
Maybe make season 12 alittle bit before summer and then the finals/playoffs would be played on i46? :p!

Mark

Phase

If you take a break for the summer, actually run something during the summer, unlike this year where you said you would but didn’t. 5v5? Nations cup? Both advertised and not delivered.

doks

Quoted from Mark

If you take a break for the summer, actually run something during the summer, unlike this year where you said you would but didn’t. 5v5? Nations cup? Both advertised and not delivered.

te cups dint get as much activity imo as they deserved. and ESL had nations cup already.

also – lets make 11 and 12 till summer ? Just force the teams to play on time by incrasing the punnishment for delaying games.

Last edited by doks,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Albert’s cup and the ESL nations cup, otherwise would have run something more.

Though some of the fun cup ideas died because lack of admins could commit their time to an event, but with some new ones I can definitely see a lot more fun tournaments happening.

atmo

Have the S12 final coincide with the i46 final.

Mark

Phase

ESL nations cup, what a resounding success that was…

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Mark

ESL nations cup, what a resounding success that was…

Since the UK won I am going to say it was extremely successful.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »