Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Yes, you get 6 points for a map win. What’s your question? :D

I just meant that for other games like the ultiduo cup, after a one map game the score will be registered as 3-0, and a two map game the score will be 6-0 or 3-3 (or 4-2 if there is a golden cap).

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

I just meant that for other games like the ultiduo cup, after a one map game the score will be registered as 3-0, and a two map game the score will be 6-0 or 3-3 (or 4-2 if there is a golden cap).

You are correct :)

atomic-

Is there any chance of making highlander ladder?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

[…]

You are correct :)

So why does it not work like that with the ladder?

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Let me get this straight, does that mean, In map score points you get 12-0, 6-6 or similar in ladder matches?
Unlike officials where you get 3-0, 6-0 or similar?

Thats kind of confusing

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from atomic-

Absolutely! Not sure when though; it will depend on how quickly this beta finishes. There are still some bugs that need ironing out and some new features to be implemented.

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Because it was set to give you 6 points per map win, for no particular reason, other than testing.

Quoted from Panromir

[…]

Let me get this straight, does that mean, In map score points you get 12-0, 6-6 or similar in ladder matches?
Unlike officials where you get 3-0, 6-0 or similar?

Thats kind of confusing

Correct :)

In the past you’d get 1 point for a ladder win, rather than 3, so it’s never been the same as main-season games.

Also, the amount of points you get for a win don’t count towards your ladder score, so it doesn’t really matter that much. The amount of points you gain or lose depends on your current score and your opponent’s.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Panromir

|LZ|

Okay just a little problem:

If I get challenged by another team I have to accept before offering a different time/date to play.

Doesnt that leave me to the mercy of the other team since if they dont accept the new schedule and we cant be there at the original time they will get a default win?

Tikcus

Spike, can you make open challenges appear on the opening page (similar to normal schedule stuff) as navigating menus just to see what open challenges there are is a chore.

also they are more likely to be responded to quickly

cheers

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Tikcus

Spike, can you make open challenges appear on the opening page (similar to normal schedule stuff) as navigating menus just to see what open challenges there are is a chore.

also they are more likely to be responded to quickly

cheers

You mean on the main website above the “News” items?

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from atomic-

for those who haven’t seen it yet: http://etf2l.org/ladders/

Also added a few extra pages

Tikcus

[…]

You mean on the main website above the “News” items?

as good a place as any (I was thinking about on the right side where you get scheduling proposals) however at the top of todays matches would be better, then if you put up an open challenge for that night, anyone can see it and accept it

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

as good a place as any (I was thinking about on the right side where you get scheduling proposals) however at the top of todays matches would be better, then if you put up an open challenge for that night, anyone can see it and accept it

Would something along the lines of “There are open challenges!” or “There are 6 open challenges!” do (as a link that takes you to the Challenge page)? Or would you really need a list?

Tikcus

[…]

Would something along the lines of “There are open challenges!” or “There are 6 open challenges!” do (as a link that takes you to the Challenge page)? Or would you really need a list?

either would be fine

make sure it indicates which ladder the challenges are for
e.g.

“X” number of 6v6 open ladder challenges
“X” number of 9v9 open ladder challenges

as there are now 2 ladders :)

Last edited by Tikcus,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quick question:

Last night I sent an open challenge on the Highlander ladder for tomorrow night. Now it is saying that we sent an invite to a team called “Team Fortress Wiki 2011” with the status set to “Awaiting Response”. Does this mean they have accepted our open challenge, or did our open challenge seem to change from open to a direct one for that team?

I’m new to managing a team via ETF2L so any help would be much appreciated. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

Quick question:

Last night I sent an open challenge on the Highlander ladder for tomorrow night. Now it is saying that we sent an invite to a team called “Team Fortress Wiki 2011” with the status set to “Awaiting Response”. Does this mean they have accepted our open challenge, or did our open challenge seem to change from open to a direct one for that team?

I’m new to managing a team via ETF2L so any help would be much appreciated. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

This does very much sound like it was sent as a challenge directly to that team. Are you 100% sure you sent it as an open challenge? If an open challenge is accepted, the status wouldn’t say “awaiting response”; it would say “accepted”, with a link to the match page.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »