Forum

Rule proposal: Players / Teams should play in teams of their own skill.

Created 23rd May 2011 @ 15:55

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Martn

Like wireplay already uses:

A player who currently plays for a prem, div 1 or 2 team in another high class league, cannot play for a wireplay clan in div 5 or 6. We regard this as unsportsmanlike and not fair on other teams in the div. If in doubt about a players eligibility seek admin advice

The reason why i post this is must be pretty clear. If not, this ( http://etf2l.org/teams/5856/ ) team is either playing a few divisions below their real skill, or they use a few too many carries that are way above the skill they are supposed to be. (one of them is even that good, that he frequently mercs for a div 1 team)

Discuss

Last edited by Martn,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

What if a high skilled scout wanted to demo but is only 5/6 skilled at it? You’re saying they shouldn’t be allowed to play demo in 5/6?

edit: http://etf2l.org/teams/175/ also has a high skilled player, but I *doubt* he’s playing in div5 on class just to carry the team.

Last edited by Permzilla,

Martn

Quoted from Permzilla

What if a high skilled scout wanted to demo but is only 5/6 skilled at it? You’re saying they shouldn’t be allowed to play demo in 5/6?

If he really only is div 5/6 in scout, and he doesn’t boost his team into another dimension gamesense wise, then i wouldn’t have a problem with that. But that’s rarely the case.

Last edited by Martn,

Spike Himself

TC

imo teams play with 6 players who are friends. they pcw about a bit, find out what skill level their team is at and try to get seeded there come the season
there’s not much more to it

Wabbeh

Wouldn’t this completely fuck over the ‘academy squads’, you know, where a high skill player joins a team with 5 baddies to help them?

Martn

Quoted from Wabbeh

Wouldn’t this completely fuck over the ‘academy squads’, you know, where a high skill player joins a team with 5 baddies to help them?

So it would be okay too if we for example used Byte as merc during a official, so he can teach us?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Martn

[…]

So it would be okay too if we for example used Byte as merc during a official, so he can teach us?

So long as your opponent agrees :)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Martn

[…]

If he really only is div 5/6 in scout, and he doesn’t boost his team into another dimension gamesense wise, then i wouldn’t have a problem with that. But that’s rarely the case.

well, for your example, i presume you mean oronoc. he merced soldier a few times for fleshlight (refuse), but he played demo against us, and he isn’t div1 at that so I guess it’s fine?

kuma

Quoted from Martn

[…]

As long as the other team agrees, why not?

Spike Himself

TC

great minds think alike
(and so do ours!)

Martn

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

So long as your opponent agrees :)

No what if we add byte to our roster?

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Martn

[…]

No what if we add byte to our roster?

well then hes playing for your team :)

XorZ

[8U]
[8U]

Sounds like a really silly suggestion.

What if a high div player wants to stop tryharding and just play for fun again? Are we not going to allow him to play with his friends just because they aren’t as good?

Then you also have all the people who are carrying their teams without having been in higher divisions before. Back when I was in 8U, we had Norrlääningen in there. We were div 4. He jumped to Refuse, who are now playing div 1. TviQ was with TC for quite some time, he then went on to play with spam effect. Spam effect are now playing at a very high level. Are you suggesting the admins should have taken actions and forced those players out of their old teams earlier? Or are they exceptions just because they didn’t have any high div history?

You should think this through a bit more..

Martn

Quoted from XorZ

…..

Read the quote in the OP.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from XorZ

What if a high div player wants to stop tryharding and just play for fun again? Are we not going to allow him to play with his friends just because they aren’t as good?

Then you also have all the people who are carrying their teams without having been in higher divisions before. Back when I was in 8U, we had Norrlääningen in there. We were div 4. He jumped to Refuse, who are now playing div 1. TviQ was with TC for quite some time, he then went on to play with spam effect. Spam effect are now playing at a very high level. Are you suggesting the admins should have taken actions and forced those players out of their old teams earlier? Or are they exceptions just because they didn’t have any high div history?

They do force them out… Beavern style! :D

Last edited by Daleth,

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »