Forum

LAWL NICE DIVS

Created 16th March 2011 @ 15:58

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 Next »

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Admirable

Are Princess good?
Pardon my ignorance, but it is unusual to see a new team be seeded in Prem.

Hmm definitely not prem, probably a mid div1 team usually. But this season the divisions are odd.

Tawks

lol so much QQ

//in b4 div5 troll

Last edited by Tawks,

AnimaL

Quoted from Admirable

Are Princess good?
Pardon my ignorance, but it is unusual to see a new team be seeded in Prem.

i dont get this either, why not just give prem spot to idk since they were the best from remaining d1 teams

Dr Icecream

Oh hey guys, what’s up!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]i dont get this either, why not just give prem spot to idk since they were the best from remaining d1 teams

+1 on this.

SfynX

T2P

Princess are a very promising team. Looking at their results they can defiently push mid/high div1 according to last season teams. Lets see how they do!

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

No – the idea is to put teams in the div they’d get the best competition in. If you’re in div6 then swap everyone with prem players should you still be in div6? Extreme example but it gets the point across.

But FLAI haven’t replaced any members with prem members, afaik it’s the same roster, the same one that lost to RenoB in their playoff, if they replaced 3 members of their team with prem players then maybe they’d have a case. Maybe RenoB beat some div2 teams as well but they didn’t apply for a higher division.

Also, I’m only using FLAI as an example. There are other teams that have been boosted up despite not winning their divisions etc.

Spike Himself

TC

There’s also the possibility that they might have improved! As I said – the idea is to seed teams in a div where they’d get the best competition.

If seasons were straight after eachother (as opposed to having a 3 month off-season period), you’d have a very valid point.

p.s. why does nobody ever rage about being seeded in a div too high? :D

Last edited by Spike Himself,

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from happy little boozer

WAR, just shut the fuck up. We’ve beaten better teams than renoB later on, and in our application we just said that we’d be happy to get in div 3 or 2.

We have also beaten a fair few teams better than renoB later on :D

Seriously though; I really don’t mind FLAI being in d2 – with the current divs, and current teams that’s probably quite a correct placement. And while I wouldn’t mind being placed in d2 with renoB, I think that our division is going to provide enough challenge and entertainment to be enjoyable. I think our placing is mostly due to us not fully anticipating the effects of the changes.

Still, it’s not as if divs in s9 is going to mean anything, at least not to me – if a team are good, they’ll be good regardless of playing in d3 or d2. You will still be able to find proper opponents just because of it.

Though this whole things kind of calls into question (again), winning your division – does it really matter that much or should the divisional system simply be an indicator of a teams “skill” at some certain time?

Last edited by MR JOHNSON,

So WAR thinks we should still be in div 4. Take a look at the teams there. Rolling through all those in 9ish minutes per map wouldn’t be too interesting, would it now?

AnimaL

bcs thats where the money is?

and i just realised badmins put lower scoring israelis above idk and stoped caring…

Last edited by AnimaL,

Quoted from MR JOHNSON

[…]

Seriously though; I really don’t mind FLAI being in d2 – with the current divs, and current teams that’s probably quite a correct placement. And while I wouldn’t mind being placed in d2 with renoB, I think that our division is going to provide enough challenge and entertainment to be enjoyable. I think our placing is mostly due to us not fully anticipating the effects of the changes.

Still, it’s not as if divs in s9 is going to mean anything, at least not to me – if a team are good, they’ll be good regardless of playing in d3 or d2. You will still be able to find proper opponents just because of it.

Though this whole things kind of calls into question (again), winning your division – does it really matter that much or should the divisional system simply be an indicator of a teams “skill” at some certain time?

Offtopic: Verostat, what the fuck is that LEFT – RIGHT thing on your hud? :D I saw some pic of the OG lan.

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from happy little boozer

[…]
Offtopic: Verostat, what the fuck is that LEFT – RIGHT thing on your hud? :D I saw some pic of the OG lan.

shushh!

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

There’s also the possibility that they might have improved! As I said – the idea is to seed teams in a div where they’d get the best competition.

If seasons were straight after eachother (as opposed to having a 3 month off-season period), you’d have a very valid point.

Naturally, yes, but then why have a promotion relegation system at all? ETF2L should have just done it all by scratch completely, instead of picking and choosing certain teams.

Also, does this season mean anything? If a team can not win their division nor win any playoff place then they can just lose all their matches and apply for a higher division next season.

P.Arkinson

shh

Quoted from MR JOHNSON

[…]

Totally agree with this mate. I think renoB and us(Flai) are pretty even teams. Both got a plenty of good solo skillers + team skill. Always loved to play against you.

Its just.. Its just.. It just is that it is.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 Next »