Forum

Maplist Div1

Created 12th January 2009 @ 23:14

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

No, dustbowl ftw!!!

hymzi

[MIPC]

Fixed maplist would be awesome & it’s ok to have “custom” maps there, but maps like cp_labor/cp_fastlane f.e. aren’t really balanced maps. Imo they shouldn’t be in the list & i bet most of people that has actually tested the maps on matches would agree.

F2

Danmark

yes

eoN^

“Fixed maplist would be awesome & it’s ok to have “custom” maps there, but maps like cp_labor/cp_fastlane f.e. aren’t really balanced maps. Imo they shouldn’t be in the list & i bet most of people that has actually tested the maps on matches would agree.”

Am i missing something or is cp_fastlane a symmetrical official map? Probably gonna seem like an idiot because i missed something but still :3

Wlv

RaWr ::

I’ll have a guess and say they’re speaking about the final cp :P

Moose

[MIPC]

Fastlane is just totally broken as a map for competitive games. You have zero chance to recover once the center is lost and you’re only left with trying to turtle the last point. Which you just might be able to do quite easily since the last point is very hard to cap since the defenders can just stand inside the respawn.

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

I know this is meant for Div1 only, and I don’t want to get this topic off track, but if Div1 players voted for Fastlane removed from their map pool, could we not have individual map votes for each division?

I think Fastlane is imbalanced at the moment (too easy to effectively defend middle from pushbacks, too hard to cap last and too easy to defend 4th), so if Div1 teams don’t have to play it, should the rest of the League be allowed/forced to?

dunc

infs
dp.

Definitely :) Fastlane could be so good with amended spawn times though!

skinnie

TCM

7/9 div1 teams confirmed they want fixed map pools lets see what happens

Wlv

RaWr ::

It’s definately some thing we’re looking in to for next season, not just for div1 but perhaps for all divisions. Maybe we’ll do a poll for the lower divs…..

Darn

rockit like

for the next season… do it now.

Riemu

element //

“for the next season”

epic 5 month waiting time again before stuff happens…. goto love the etf2l

i can only agree with whats been said so far

– No Secondary Mappool for Division 1 (Why the fuck would you even put stuff like 2fort, dustbowl, badwater and mach4 in their!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

– Create _ONE_ good, balanced Mappool for Division 1

– Create random fixtures/maps (same for every team). There are alot of Division 1 Players in the Admin Council and random is just the best thing to make sure that things go as they should… if you catch my drift

– SourceTV IP required before the match // SourceTV demos mandatory upload after the match

– Start threading Division 1 as what it is, a Premiereship Division that should NOT AT ANY CIRCUMSTANCES have the same rules and maps as lower Divisions! (i.e. 3/4). The gamedynamics and skill/class balances are just from another planet. This starts bei stuff as demolimit 1 and certainly does not end with a possible TFTrue inclusion.

Crusa

Troopers

Riemu you need your own rules? Go make some new PRO CLANS ONLY league where only “mappool” is Badlands and Granary. Have all the TFTrues and your own stuff what you want and make some distance to the rest of the scene.

I must say that you guys like to act like pros but when it comes to maps you seem to stick to two maps and nothing else. You are not pro enough to learn new maps and how to play them?

I’m not in the div1 (and I don’t want to be since you seem to take this far too seriusly) and I wouldn’t care what you do there unless it would not directly impact other teams also. You should at the top be an example to the rest of the scene and it doesn’t matter if you like it or not in a league like this other will look up to you and follow.
So you are an “elite” division but what ever you do will effect rest of us so please be careful what you do.

ulv

h.
Liero

If the map is bad, throw it out. If the map is new and interesting, play it. The old maps are awesome, but really, they do get slightly tiresome in the long run. We come to see the show, not the routine.

skinnie

TCM

lol @ the maybe next season comment …

i have the feeling the admins wants us to believe that they listen to our demands and create these forum topics where they want our suggestions. But what has actually happened since last season ? It just got worse imo.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »