Forum

Maplist Div1

Created 12th January 2009 @ 23:14

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

RaCio

GoT²

div1 players are trying to keep all the good stuff (fixed map list) for themselves ;x

Tupi

Troopers

That decicion will affect other divisions sooner or later, even if you want to belive it doesn’t affect other div’s.

My point:
If div1 gets special treatment, so why shouldn’t the other div’s too.. some clan’s will accept it, some won’t.

but that’s just a guess..

(edit bad english:P)

Riemu

element //

You guys cant be serious, that has to be a fucking joke

The only reason why Division 1 wants a “special ruling” on this is, because the majority of all other Divisions don’t want it. They didn’t want any of this in the past. And admins will always take all Divisions into account when thinking of mappools and rules.

The reason why Darn asks for Division 1 changes is just because it’s way more likely to happen for Division 1 than it is for all Divisions. It’s not like Division 1 wants “the good stuff for themselves” lol, it’s because we won’t get it otherwise.

Fixed Maps, correct Mappools and great Fixtures are an issue since Season 1 and it hasn’t changed in 3 Seasons yet. lol

Darn

rockit like

Im not denying this luxury from other divisions, still dont see how this would affect anyone from other divisons. So please only opinions from div1, others make your own awesome threads!

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Just to clear a few things up:

“I havent edited/modified any of my posts”

I was refering to the fact that in your first post in this thread, your general points were that Div1 needed to be made more exclusive, and given more rights than other leagues, because lower teams don’t generally care and don’t put as much effort in as Div1 teams. Then, in your second post, imho you were a bit more reasonable and made better points :P

“What i was saying in this quote is simply the fact that Übersexuals or 4Kings will beat any division 3/4 team 18-0 on granary. And this is what i define as “from another planet”. Because they are already beating other Division 1 teams 10-0 on granary.”

Apologies, read the previous post to mean that you thought Div2/3 skill was miles apart. Sorry

“And no, I dont say that Division 1 should play with Crits on. Crits off was introduced, because 8/10 Division 1 teams didn’t want to play with crits anymore at that time. It wasnt introduced because Division 4 teams voted for Crits Off and Division 1 teams for Crits On. So if you wanna draw retarded conclusions from my post do it right and insert the right values. And that would be: Division 1 need to play without Crits, but Division 4 teams might not need to. You brought the Crit thing up, not me.”

My point was a joke. You suggested that Div1 teams should “NOT AT ANY CIRCUMSTANCES have the same rules and maps as lower Divisions! (i.e. 3/4)”, and I was trying to point out the stupidity of this statement. So you don’t want the same maps as Div3/4? Ok, goodbye Badlands, Granary, and oh yeah, the entire 1st map pool. So you don’t want to play with the no crit rule div3/4 teams play by? Ok! The idea that Div4 teams might not want to play with crits on is also an insult to them; stop thinking as if they’re just pub noobs – there’s actually a lot of decent beginner teams there who are just trying the competitive scene, way to encourage them to continue -_-

My own thoughts:

– I have no problems with Div1 voting on their own map pool – you have to play them, not us. Hopefully if done correctly, there would be some good choices of maps that were not just the couple of standard played, and would inspire lower teams to pick them up

– Generally, div2/3 teams are the most hard working in the league. They play, on average, far more matches per night, spend a lot of time working on tactics, and are just generally more active within pickups that Div1 players. Reason? They aspire to be in Div1, and until they get there, are putting in the extra effort to try and build their skill, create new tactics.

– Darn: The reason people generally care about Div1 is that often, decisions made there filter down into the lower leagues. As well as this, lots of Div2/3 players want to eventually play in Div1, and settings in Div1 only could create a barrier for those unused to them.

Darn

rockit like

fukk off from my thread, make your own where you can spam with riemu!

Wlv

RaWr ::

I’m locking this thread for the moment as it’s becoming spam/flames. Darn opened a new thread on map lists for division 1 and I’d encourage all division 1 leaders to post thier views there. I’m unaware of the impact the comments on here or on the other thread will make as I’m at work and don’t have irc.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4