Forum

Would you pay (metal) to play?

Created 17th February 2011 @ 14:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

nervousENERGY are having a little inter-community cup tournament where each player has to donate some scrap metal to the prize fund and the top 3 teams will win a share of the pot. We’re picking the teams randomly so it’s for fun more than anything, but….

I was wondering if etf2l were to ask for a similar ‘payment’ would it put you off or spur you on?

Let’s say each team had to provide 6 scrap metals as an entry fee, that would be 360 x 6 scrap metal to play with..thats loads of metal. Some would go to the winners, some to runners up and some to etf2l. 10 teams per league means 60 metal per league, winners get 30, runners up get 12, rest to etf2l or something similar.

Those that go to etf2l could be used to craft hats that could maybe be sold/traded and end up in real cash monies that could be put toward paying for an AC client or an etf2l pub server or whatever.

Scrap metal is a ‘currency’ that every single tf2 player has access too and would be, in some way, interested in winning. You could have each player paying in metal or a set number of metals per team, you could ask for more metal from higher division teams too maybe.

There’s loads of ways this could be a good thing and I cant think of many ways in which this would be a bad thing. I am assuming that anybody interested in competitive tf2 has some metals to use, but I reckon that’s a fair assumption.

Whaddya reckon people?

Last edited by Monkeh,

RaCio

GoT²

People need metal to get unlocks

Plus you cant get money of metal anyway

Monkeh

meh, 1 scrap per season aint gonna stop you getting the unlocks you want!!!!

Metal makes hats and they can be sold…can’t they?

Last edited by Monkeh,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

How about people can bet metal for the teams they think will win as well?

hans

That’s actually a cute idea!

_Ben

;?

Imagine the admin work needed to chase all that metal

metal hustlers

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

A trusted admin would probably store the metal, I guess? But how would he collect all the metal? He would have to spend a lot of time only to trade the metal. I would not want that ;-)
Also, people need the metal to craft items and if a new player wants to enter ETF2L we would kinda exclude him or at least make it difficult for him to get new items.
Might be a good idea for a cup (Nations Cup olololol) but not for the regular league :/

Last edited by CanFo,

agron

Relic

use metal as a currency on vanilla.eu’s betting system! totally would be workabledoable andsweet

SfynX

T2P

im trust worthy…GIME ALL YOUR METUL!

Tikcus

not a terrible idea, but how about use the metal as a deposit

each team pays six scrap (12 random weapon drops) as an entrance fee, but gets it returned if they complete the season without dropping – if they drop it gets added to a prize pool (maybe awarded at random to any team that finishes the league without any default losses)

Bonkers

etf2l gonna be full of idlers

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

max items per week, gl hf idling.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Tikcus

not a terrible idea, but how about use the metal as a deposit

each team pays six scrap (12 random weapon drops) as an entrance fee, but gets it returned if they complete the season without dropping – if they drop it gets added to a prize pool (maybe awarded at random to any team that finishes the league without any default losses)

this would be better

Jude

notdoggo

sure. if you unban me from your servers. :D

Monkeh

Would it be difficult to code some kind of metal drop off and storage site or program? I have no idea, but the team leaders could be responsible for getting their teams scrap and it’s deposit. Using it as deposit is a nice idea too.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »